BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Most Annoying Football Pundit

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to add Terry Butcher to my list. I just think it's rich that for ages he's been slagging off the England team (e.g. Drop Beckham and other stupid comments) and just has stupid ideas when in fact he's failed at Motherwell and also in the A-League. He just strikes me as a man without a clue.

"I can't believe West Ham's misfortune will continue for another game and I think they will win, But it might be a case of too little, too late"

Mark Lawrensons quite ridiculous prediction for this weekends game. Nice one Lawro, they were really unfortunate against us weren't they :blink:

• 9 months later...

I watched the second half of the Red Scum's 3-1 win over Spurs this afternoon on the BBC and I thought that Iain Dowie was a poor choice as co-commentator for the match.

Dowie's East End voice sounded hoarse and he seemed to be mumbling during the match, which didn't make him easy to understand.

I had little sympathy for Dowie when he was sacked after just 15 games in charge of Charlton. Dowie told the Palace chairman Simon Jordan that he wanted to leave Palace "to be closer to his family in the North". Jordan released him from his contract only to see Dowie turn up a week later at The Valley, just eight miles up the road from Selhurst Park.

At the London High Court in the summer of 2007, The Hon. Mr Justice Tugendhat ruled that Iain Dowie had lied when negotiating his way out of his Crystal Palace contract.

Why does the BBC want to employ the services of a proven liar ?

At Charlton he was given a lot of money to spend in the summer that he took over. The players he bought were not good enough, and although being sacked after 15 games might sound harsh, if Dowie hadn't bought such poor players he might have survived for longer.

Some of the players at The Valley were reportedly baffled by Dowie's training methods - unfortunately those methods worked for Dowie's Coventry against Rovers in the FA Cup.

Finally, a word about another BBC pundit, Mark Lawrenson. He was a co-commentator for the Wigan V Chelsea Cup match on Saturday evening. There seemed to be a clear push by Anelka for one of the Chelsea goals, but Lawro didn't see anything wrong with it.

Along with the infuriating Ian Wright as well, the BBC have got a few dodgy pundits.

To me there can only be one. PHIL THOMPSON.

He’s the most arrogant, condescending, big club biased, one eyed plonker on television, radio or press.

The ribbing he was getting on Soccer Saturday as Havant & Waterlooville went 1-0 and 2-1 was up was priceless.

Dowie annoyed me yesterday.

Rooney went for a tackle with studs showing jumping...Dowie says he has a right to go in for the ball.

Dawson did the same thing and Dowie says he should have been yellow carded.

Rooney telling everyone around him to F-Off and all sorts....Commentators say Ohhh thats who Rooney is if you take that out of him he wont be the player he is.

Any Tottenham players that did this and they should be booked.

What is it with the bias...it's just annoying.

• Backroom
For a spot-on observation about the morons who provide "commentary" on the game you'll have to go a long way to beat John Nicholson who writes for www.football365.com

Moron is right... the guy knows as much about football as he does music (judging by his djtees web site)... Marc Bolan and Noddy Holder - GUITAR HERO'S !!!!! :lol::P

Moron is right... the guy knows as much about football as he does music (judging by his djtees web site)... Marc Bolan and Noddy Holder - GUITAR HERO'S !!!!! :lol::P

Isn't Colin pointing out that this guy's comments are spot on?

Thought it was very funny

• 4 weeks later...
anyone watching boro v sheff utd?

has to be said it's a really bad game but the bbc commentary is even worse!

at least the sky team stay professional and try their best to hype up bad games.

It's not been as bad a game as they've made out, not a classic but I've seen a lot worse.

Incidentally Mark Lawrenson is the worst pundit ever.

For a spot-on observation about the morons who provide "commentary" on the game you'll have to go a long way to beat John Nicholson who writes for www.football365.com

here

&

here

Sorry, those links have been replaced by others adressing diffent topics. Not my fault.

• 1 month later...

I have a new one for me, watching Macca's Monday night and listening to him and Les Ferdinand prattle on about Newcastle and Tottenham being massive clubs in the "Premiership" and next year should be challenging for CL football.

They then mentioned Sir David and said "yes he has signed a new contract recently and seems happy but without any disrespect to Blackburn they are not a glamour club and are midtable" suggesting a move to Newcastle or Spurs was somehow going to increase his chances of playing for England and competing for titles.

2 points from a european place Stevie? Where the (Please don't use that word again) are Newcastle and Tottenham (barring Spurs inclusion for Worthless win)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.