BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

Ferguson has to take the blame for that debacle; he picked the wrong starting team and United had no game-plan.

Barcelona worthy winners on the night but they were lucky to beat Chelsea and only in the final thanks to a Norwegian referee.

Ferguson will have learnt alot tonight. Midfield needs major development, Liverpool are better there, Chelsea are better there and Barcelona were a class above there; the game was won and lost there, simple. Carrick was intelligent enough to find space in a congested midfield, but wasted too many passes. Anderson is not ready yet. Giggs is finished. Rooney is not a winger. As for the rest, O'Shea is not good enough and Berbatov is a joke.

He also needs to be careful as Ronaldo was made to look poor tonight as a result of no support after the first goal went in. He then got disgruntled and looked dissinterested. Yes he should not do, but if Fergie doesn't want to lose him he can't make the same tactical errors as he did tonight.

What an example for everyone in pressing for the ball, not only pressing but genuinely attempting to get the ball, a massive difference to the premier league wimps we see week in week out.

Creating triangles when under pressure in a forward movement, O, how us English could learn from that.

Edited by JAL

Football wins.

Despite the influx of gazillions from all quarters of this globe, the Premier League has rickets under the flowing skirt. The top teams are strong but the rest beg to differ and it's not just about financial inequality, it's also down to an unequal spread of brain cells. Some of the lower team managers are just dunderheads (the fact Pompey signed Moko is proof, in my opinion). Resorting to long ball is a way a manager can hide all his failings. He doesn't have to worry about developing his players psychologically or technically, he just gives them extra doses of pasta for lunch, wears a cap and is hailed as tasty as sliced bread.

Messi, Xavi and Iniesta. Class trio that even the red-faced ignoramus hype spouted by the media cannot taint. (Although, they'll try their damnedest).

Oh, yeah - Fergie. You've got one of the world's most skilful wingers on your books. You might want to try playing him on the wing and letting him play his game. Premier League trophy or not.

Edit: Just to add, is Dimitar Berbatov the world's most expensive frill-wearing sloth? The guy is such a superficial footballer - such a Spurs player, in fact.

Edited by rover6

Guest Kamy100

Carrick was really exposed today, he was built up as the English equivalent of Xavi, he gave away possession cheaply and tried overly complicated balls when the simple pass would have been more effective. Barca were utter class, they produced this without three key defensive players (Alves, Abidal and Marques).

Got to say Berbatov is the biggest waste of cash ive ever seen. £30m for a lazy forward who has no impact what so ever. Spurs must be laughing.

Man Utd never got going, but give Barca credit they never gave them chance. For all their creative passing there extremely organised and hard working off the ball. Would have been nice to watch both teams playing at their full potential rather than just one.

Ronaldo would of done better if he didn't keep looking at himself on the big screens all of the time! Puff! Oh and if he passed the ball every now and again! Fergie is the first to moan when teams are kicking his players, nice to see them resorting to those tactics at the end!

lovely pun!

Ferguson's top heavy team was exposed tonight quite badly. Four of the best forward players/winger around, three of the best defenders/full backs, and a decent creative player in Carrick. But they had no one to break up the play at all. The loss of Fletcher was a big blow (never thought I would say that!)

Man Yoo always buy one 30 million player a season. It will be a midfield "destroyer" this time I think, which they will need to compete against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Man Yoo always buy one 30 million player a season. It will be a midfield "destroyer" this time I think, which they will need to compete against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Depends if Hargreaves comes back from his injuries, he can play that role. He's the sort of player they could have done with tonight.

Anyone still arguing that Messi wouldn't be as good in the Prem? He was superb tonight and showed Ronaldo how to influence a game.

You certainly will have no arguement from me.

Now that he has scored maybe some will now rate him.

Shows how good Hiddink is tactically.

He got his tactics bob on and made Barca look decidedly average over their two legs.

Don't think parking the bus is some kind of tactical revolution. They only got two draws from it didn't they?

Before the match I was sure that Alves' suspension was a blessing in disguise for Barca, and I think I was right. Puyol was spectacular, and made sure Rooney never got too much time to make his forward runs. Alves on the other hand would very likely have given away free kicks/penalties as his defensive game is very dodgy....

You certainly will have no arguement from me.

Now that he has scored maybe some will now rate him.

I'd still argue that. That isn't to say he wouldn't be world class still, but I just don't think he would be AS good. I think if Ronaldo went to Spain he would look a lot better, same for a lot of the more technically gifted players who have been in the premiership. I don't think Henry would still be as relevant in this league as he is in La Liga, but then I think Tevez, Nani, Anderson or Berbatov would look even better in Spain. Each league asks something slightly different of players, the very best in the world will look good everywhere (Messi, Ronaldo, etc), but that doesn't mean that there aren't leagues where they will be more effective. There's no way that a team in England would ever have the +70ish goal difference that Barcelona have, it is an indication of how their open style of play leads goals being scored and also allows a great side to dominate far more easily than in England. Messi would be a fantastic player anywhere in the world, but the slower pace and less physical nature of the Spanish game makes his life a bit easier.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.