BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

What goes, beep - beep - beep - beep - beep - beep?

Man United's open top bus reversing back in to the garage.

:brfc::brfc:

See Friday Funnies.

• 3 months later...
Inter v Barca will be a bit tasty though.

It wasn't though was it. Inter just spent the whole match defending while Barca tried to walk it into the net.

I missed it last season but like that when you watch a game it flashes up the goal alert and if you want to see it you hit the red button. The second Arsenal goal should never have stood but the commentary was funny - he sounded like a little girl

Europa Cup. Rapid Vienna who did for Villa are two up in the first half against Hamburg.

Is it only me but these Europa Cup games look much more like proper European encounters than the CL now they have amended the rules to give the likes of Valletta FC a decent chance of qualifying for the Group stages.

Edited by philipl

Have to cofess that I have not bothered watching any European football this week. Am I losing interest in life as we know it? I am bored watching the same old teams earning ridiculous amounts of money and watching the gap getting ever wider between the haves and have nots. I dont care what happens. I dont like the anthem; the silly mastercard advert etc. Everyone knows who will go through to the next stage so why bother with it.

Have to cofess that I have not bothered watching any European football this week. Am I losing interest in life as we know it? I am bored watching the same old teams earning ridiculous amounts of money and watching the gap getting ever wider between the haves and have nots. I dont care what happens. I dont like the anthem; the silly mastercard advert etc. Everyone knows who will go through to the next stage so why bother with it.

I came to that conclusion about the Champions league a few years ago. It's designed to be just a procession of elite clubs in the early stages. Crap and uninteresting.

The Champions League is a bore.

But the old European Cup with knockout ties in every round was a fantastic, exciting competition.

Looking back, the 1970/80s with Uefa Cup in Tuesday nights, the European Cup on Wednesday and the Cup-winners' Cup on Thursday were halcyon days for European football.

Sky TV has much to answer for.

I was similarly un moved, however I flicked around and ended up watching the Athletic Bilbao Europa League match on ITV 4, and it was a really good game. Bilbao where terrific to watch and have plenty of skill, pace, movement and refreshingly a home grown team of players born local and playing for the name on the front of the shirt rather than the back.

They demolished a poor side, but unlike Liverpool, they did it with style, creativity and flair. If you get a chance to watch them then do. They are like Arsenal but without the nasty streak.

Also, I believe I saw a future star, 16 year old Iker Muniain (Maybe he's known to the FM lot?) he was outstanding. A second striker who was a cross between Xavi and Arshavin, took his goal very well and generally impressed from start to finish.

Remember the name IKER MUNIAIN

Edited by rog of the rovers

I was similarly un moved, however I flicked around and ended up watching the Athletic Bilbao Europa League match on ITV 4, and it was a really good game. Bilbao where terrific to watch and have plenty of skill, pace, movement and refreshingly a home grown team of players born local and playing for the name on the front of the shirt rather than the back.

They demolished a poor side, but unlike Liverpool, they did it with style, creativity and flair. If you get a chance to watch them then do. They are like Arsenal but without the nasty streak.

Also, I believe I saw a future star, 16 year old Iker Muniain (Maybe he's known to the FM lot?) he was outstanding. A second striker who was a cross between Xavi and Arshavin, took his goal very well and generally impressed from start to finish.

Remember the name IKER MUNIAIN

Another one for the memory bank is Kléber Giacomace de Souza Freitas

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.