BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League

By avoiding a hammering, they have left themselves a chance to sneak a victory at the Madrigal in a fortnight. 

400763[/snapback]

The return leg is next week.

Arsenal did well last night. Villareal are a good team and Arsenal had more than enough chances to win. Villareal rarely got in behind the Arsenal back line. At the other end Henry and his mates were penetrating at will (so to speak) and I would be very surpised if the Gunners don't go through.

I sit corrected.

I agree with you Matt, Arsenal were by far the better side... but Villarreal came up to London to 'speculate' on the result. By scraping by on a 0-1 result, it leaves an opportunity to overturn the score at home...

we'll see next week, then.

cheers,

al

• 4 weeks later...

Here is one of the Norwegian assistent referees who will be in charge of the final tomorrow. Picture taken right after they got the message that they would be refereeing the final.

user posted image

Smart move there.. laugh.giflaugh.gif

Edited by krislu

"It was both insensitive and stupid of me. I did not think deeply enough about the situation and the consequences when I was asked to dress up in the shirt," Borgan said.

...dear God. How could anybody not realise what a stupid thing to do that is? Especially with all the corruption stories emanating from Italy- people are going to be more sceptical than ever about officials fixing matches. Absolute numpty.

Why didn't he just quick sharpish get his picture taken with an Arsenal top on as well? Or, being a linesman, is he utterly unable to spot the obvious?

408466[/snapback]

i'm with you on that.

all linesmen are incapable of making decisions for themselves! the ref always points the way, on throw-ins, freekicks and corners and the linesman copies him.

easy! good work if you can get it!

Why didn't he just quick sharpish get his picture taken with an Arsenal top on as well? Or, being a linesman, is he utterly unable to spot the obvious?

408466[/snapback]

By all accounts he had the wool pulled over his eyes - appararently he was told he would be photographed with both shirts on - then when it came to have the photo with the Arsenal top they supposedly couldn't find it.

my prediction for tonight 0-0 after 90 mins

0-0 after extra time, penalties is anyones.

i really think it will be a dull, boring game even with the talent on show.

we are due a boring cup final after last years comeback from the scousers and this season, another comeback from the scousers.

my prediction for tonight 0-0 after 90 mins

0-0 after extra time, penalties is anyones.

i really think it will be a dull, boring game even with the talent on show.

we are due a boring cup final after last years comeback from the scousers and this season, another comeback from the scousers.

408514[/snapback]

you probably wont be far off, presty. i predict a game similar to milan v barca

(1st leg).

tactical chess (which i enjoy)- for an hour, someone scores cue the fireworks for the next half hour and extra-time.

tickets changing hand for £5000 euros! i'm considering becoming a tout.

spanish journos are claiming henry is already a barca player, some reckon the man himself might even announce it after the game! (cant see that happening though).

Ever since Arsenal scored they've been hanging on. Barca have been the best team by far and Arsenal should have been to down to nine men - Eboue's stomach high tackle would usually be a straight red more often than a yellow.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Henrys interview was very bitter.

However I dont think the ref favoured Barca, he was just plain bad. For all the mistakes against Arsenal, he also disallowed a Barca goal, give Arsenal the freekick they scored from for a dive, failed to book Ebouie a second time and booked their full back for nowt.

Very very poor. We'll have to get used to it for the UEFA next year.

With regard to the sending off, it did run the game. Also, the foul didn't prevent a clear scoring chance as the ball rolled to a guy who knocked it into an open goal.

I may be seeing  things differently but I watched the full Benfica Barca game as I stand to win a wad of cash if barca win the Chamions League.

394369[/snapback]

That's this years car insurance paid. smile.gif

what i saw it was a sending off. last man, clear scoring chance toodle pip.

good game

408593[/snapback]

I don't disagree that it was a sending off, though he could have played advantage and not ruined the game. Arsenal were the better side.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.