BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Behind The Rovers : A Visual Guide Of Blackburn

dillo_dillo

Most interesting photogenic subjects are "Supporters" !

user posted image

404006[/snapback]

Dillo,

Your photographs are wonderful. That one however is more than wonderful. If anyone from Blackburn Rovers is reading this (Lee?) that image should be plastered all over next year's promotion literature. Pay Dillo lots for the rights to use it.

It just says a lot about Rovers as a family club. It'll make a change from the usual pictures of players grunting at each other.

Edit: How did you get the light like that? It's in his hair & one side of his face & it's lit up the white side of the shirt and the blue side remains dark and I'm really impressed.

Edited by colin

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I'm happy you like some.

constantly, I think somebody should keep a record of the supporters( and behind the Rovers). if nothing is done, the current supporters view will be lost in time. (We easy to see the squad photo of 100 years ago. )

I want to be a recorder of behind the Rovers. I'm a big fan of Rovers but I'm an outsider, not born and growth at Blackburn area, even not a resident. obviously my parents and grandparents are not Rovers supporter. I never be a real Rovers supporter If I strong hope for. I'm just a watcher of Rovers. I'm not forget who I am.

I think Rovers is family club. It's valiant. Rovers is miraculous club. surprising small club and town in world's top league clubs. sometimes small is more beautiful than big.

Rovers has strong originality and locality. The big city(cities), the big club(clubs) already lost it.

user posted image

Edited by dillo_dillo

• Backroom

Dillo...

You are like a breath of fresh air on this message board - you have a passion for Blackburn, the town, the club and the fans - that would put a lot of Blackburners to shame.

This sums it up for me thumbs-up.gif

The big city, the big club already lost it.

404725[/snapback]

>>ozziejones

now, I'm so busy. ASAP I fixed "Visual guide of Blackburn " on my site I finished my work.

>>mhead

I hope, someone want to visit Blackburn who saw my photos. I feel so happy.

>>stuwilky

Thank you. I had a good time. especially "CHANTS"

>>Atomicrover

Arigatou

>>adopted scouser

cryptic photo If who didn't know Wokstar .yummy...yummy...

>>colin

Thank you very much!!

I feel Sometimes supporters faces tells me their great stories.

and

Lancashire has a beautiful ray of light.

>>adopted scouser

cryptic photo If who didn't know Wokstar .yummy...yummy...

404743[/snapback]

I know mate, the chippy on Ewood. I can remember as far back as 'Lings', now that's a while back.

Edited by adopted scouser

>> Billinge End Blue

"Definitely helps allay some of the cynicism, self-doubt and pessimism many Rovers supporters on here tend to display (even/especially when times are good!)"

--> I think It's VERY British. smile.gif

>>den

yes. I take some photos almost everyday. I have a predilection to fixed-point observation of usually normal things.

user posted image

user posted image

Dillo, great to see the town through the eyes of a stranger. Your upbeat spin on the area is a refreshing change from the negativity of their own town spouted by some of the less well travelled members of this board.

I prefer taking... how can I say... nothing special things.

I know what you mean. You can take a photo of something ordinary, but make the picture look really special.

I was taking these photos for Japanese Rovers fans who have not been to blackburn (or not plan to stay Blackburn area)

I'd like to show to them what kind of town Blackburn is.

now, I'm a little bit surprised. I never thought Blackburn area residents interested in my photos. Thank you. I'm happy hear you that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.