BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 Liverpool

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Toddy would've got to Lua Lua before he released his shot last week for the first equaliser.

Zurab and Toddy have there spells of good and bad games. I'm hoping today's is another good one for Zurab. He deserves something after his ridiculous sending off earlier in the season against Liverpool. I know it was rescinded before anyone mentions it. One thing is for sure... Admiral is the new lionheart in the Rovers defence.

Hugely undeserved and unfair goal. If Cisse wasn't active, then I don't know what constitutes "active." He went to kick the ball and missed, the back line were playing him offside and saw him go to kick it and stopped. ###### typical.

We have been the better team and they barely look a top 6 team at the moment.

I think this game should remind us why we won't get the CL. The real reason.

It's not that we're not good enough, or that Arsenal and Spurs are that much better, it's because we are a small club and can't match up our opponmnets finances. The man in black played his role perfectly today, eh FA ?

Disgusting.

Guys weve had a bit of bad luck. Thing to remember though is that it does more or less even it self out over the course of the season. We were woeful that first half, we didn't have 1 shot on or off target...as the home team that is pathetic. It doesn't look as if its a lack of effort, just class to be able to break them down.

Edited by Somerset Rover!

Appalling reffing, assistant included in that and the commentating is so liverpool biased it's untrue.

We deserve to go in even, neither team playing well.

2nd half subs for me:

Dickov off for Kuqi

Bentley for Emerton

MGP for Peter

Things can only get better, lets hope the ref can aswell, disgrace! mad.gif

On Sky Sports they're blaming the linesman, but surely this should lie with the ref. The ref should have gone to the linesman and asked whether Cisse was in an offside position, if he was then it is up to the ref to determine whether he was active or not, and he certainly was.

the commentators are sayinbg that the debate about cisse being active or in-active will go on and on...."OF COURSE HE WAS ###### ACTIVE, HE MADE A PLAY AT THE ###### BALL", FOR ###### (Please don't use that word again) SAKE!!

we see that in everygame, in every country that has a football league, even in amature footy and it gets pulled up everytime, so why not when it comes to ewood park. the linesman simply had to put his flag up as soon as the header from fowler went through, because cisse was standing in an offside position and it went straight to him...he did not touch the ball, the linesman didn't know that. so even if the linesman ended up making a wrong decision either way...he simply had to put his flag up.

We were only lacking up front. Bellamy is having an off day and Dickov hasn't really achieved much. We controlled the midfield for most of the half, and up until the Liverpool goal, we were causing them real problems. We need some height in the attack and I really think we should bring Kuqi on.

We deserve to go in even, neither team playing well.

399555[/snapback]

Rubbish, Liverpool are the better team so far.

We haven't had a single shot anywhere near goal, passed the ball more times to a red shirt than a blue and white one.

The goal was a con, but to be fair we haven't turned up yet.

Rubbish, Liverpool are the better team so far.

We haven't had a single shot anywhere near goal, passed the ball more times to a red shirt than a blue and white one.

The goal was a con, but to be fair we haven't turned up yet.

399559[/snapback]

But we still don't deserve to be going in one behind.

After watching every game I've seen this season, I have always came away thinking that the Ref, has played a bigger part than the players.

Whether the decisions have gone for or against us, I can't help but thnk I would just like to watch a game of football. Rather than hope that we get lucky with some bad decisions going our way.

I really wish that the FA can tidy things up next season. Given up hope with this one now. mad.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.