BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0-1 Liverpool

A dire game. We got done over by the ref, but could have played all night and still not scored. It will be interesting to see the match stats because we did not fashion one decent chance. The Savage effort was our best and even the boldest of Rovers fans wouldn't have put a quid on him scoring there. A bad bad day...Tugay needs to come back in because were just not creating any chances at the minute.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubbish, Liverpool are the better team so far.

We haven't had a single shot anywhere near goal, passed the ball more times to a red shirt than a blue and white one.

The goal was a con, but to be fair we haven't turned up yet.

399559[/snapback]

The goal shouldn't have been therefore we deserve to go in at 0-0!

Regardless of the fact we look like jon stead trying to hit a barn door for 90mins.

1 decision cost us and it won't be the last time i say that. Bring back the old offside law, forget active and inactive! mad.gif

Bye bye 4th and 5th hello 6th (fingers crossed)

hmmmmmmm....other than the officials, namely the linesmen, made some monumental errors that contributed towards us losing 1-0. didn't effect liverpool so much.

i am amazed as to why the linesman in first half did not put his flag up when cisse was offside, and the ball went straight to him. how can people say he was in-active, when the ball goes right to him and he makes a play for it. as far as the linesman is concerned, wether cisse touched it or not, is totally irrelevant cause i repeat - the offside flag should have gone up.

hmmmmmmm....other than the officials, namely the linesmen, made some monumental errors that contributed towards us losing 1-0. didn't effect liverpool so much.

i am amazed as to why the linesman in first half did not put his flag up when cisse was offside, and the ball went straight to him. how can people say he was in-active, when the ball goes right to him and he makes a play for it. as far as the linesman is concerned, wether cisse touched it or not, is totally irrelevant cause i repeat - the offside flag should have gone up.

399567[/snapback]

###### happens.

Don't you just love this game! mad.gif

Well it has all been said really. We were robbed. Liverpool had been the better team but I didn't know that it meant that you would be given goals. He was certainly active, certainly offside and there is no way that the goal should have stood.

On another note, we didn't really look much like scoring. Apart from one brilliant move that ended in Savage's volley going wide, a couple good crosses and the odd half chance we never really created anything. Much of that had to do with the fact that Liverpool stuck 11 men in their own half and defender their lead, I would like to think that in that second half we could have done more had the score been level. Once again poor officials though, it is just getting so boring.

4th place gone, but hopefully we can pick up enough points to hold onto this 6th place, I think we can.

How ###### up was the refereeing?

How ###### up was the commentary, for those of us who unfortunately watched it on TV?

The whole thing was ######.

Screwed over yet again. The referees always pay offside if the offside striker doesn't touch the ball, but merely runs with it, so what is the difference this time? Nothing. He was clearly active and it should have been an offside.

Way to ruin the game.

apparently raising the leg towards the ball as cisse had clearly done is considered inactive huh.gif

the ref claims their decision was indeed right cos he didnt touch the ball, thus he's considered "inactive". this whole active and inactive rule is just bullsh!t!

Edited by asianRover

Just back

evidence for thosewanting Rovers in the Champions League, that we are nowhere near ready for it.

Clearly an off side goal from my BBURN End seat

Clearly Rovers lacking up front

Clearly Rovers played apparently with 9 men against 12 !

Clearly the refusal to put Emerton on ultimately costs us a point. How much play could we have had down the right flank if he had come on for the last 25 minutes instead of lumbering with an ineffective Bentley ?

Clearly on todays performance we will struggle to cope with European style football, we just cant cut it whilst we perservere with Dickov partnering Bellamy.

Not impressed with Dickov, Gray and Bentley.

certainly that Cheshire lino was a muppet, the refereee was a cretin, the tactics were misguided and the whole bloody sunny day has now been ruined !

The theiving scouse reds have done it again, we, Rovers, bend over backwards 3 times to accomodate them and then they go and steal 6 points over the season from us.

if anyone says anything to the contrary, todays game is the evidence sad.gif

Cissè didn't even understand he was in an offside position. His intelligence seems to be around the Forrest Gump-mark, he's just another athlete with boots on.

As for Dickov, he's been absolutely shocking lately. Kuqi did well when he came on today, but against Brum I'd like to see Bentley upfront with Bellers and Emerton on the right.

edit: Forgot about Pongolle..

Edited by herbergeehh

The ref robbed us at Anfield and he's robbed us again today.

If he's used a 'not touching the ball' argument, then why was Dickov offide at the other end when he was 30 yards away from the ball but started running towards it?

Clearly they've seen it again on a replay, realised they've dropped a bollock and are frantically trying to cover their backs. I call that lying.

Disappointing. End of Champs League fantasy. But I think the lads better wake up before Wednesday cause we are truly involved in a two or three way tangle for the UEFA Cup spot FOR SURE.

I think another 6 points will surely get it, and I think the Wednesday night game is massive and far from guaranteed for us.

I hope we dont throw away this seasons hard work.

The team needs a few players for sure. Id say a left back for certain, a striker and a midfielder, possibly a winger.

No matter how the rules changed, the most important fact is BRFC is a small club that to be hated!!!

They hate to see Rovers to be in the Champions league!!!

They hate to see Rovers to be high in the table!!!

They hate to see Rovers to win the game!!!

They hate to see Rovers to got a goal!!!

They hate to see Rovers to make a tackle!!!

They even hate to see Rovers exists!!!

I even can't tell how many points or goals have been robbed by those ###### refs and awarded to those ugly names like scum, arse hole or chelski and even charlton in these years!!! mad.gif

Sorry for repeating myself but we really needed Sergio Peter in the team - at least as a sub when we needed a goal. We just seem to be lacking that bit of flair to our midfield. Emerton would be the other option but imo not first choice.

Against a solid defence, we just didn't have enough guile.

Why don't the officials simply give Liverpool 6 points and forget about playing a game of football?

There was another stinker right at the start of the second half- Dickov called offside when he wasn't and pinged a peach of a ball towards Bellamy who was pulling away from his marker.

Overall, ignoring the officials we were a well matched 9 against 11. The Rovers passing and ball control were overall better than their's and the stats bear that out. However, two little'uns up front didn't have a prayer against those monsters at the back for Liverpool. Unlike the previous two games, Dickov wasn't bad this time but he was just totally ineffective. I'll exempt Bellars from any criticism but first half Bentley was awful but excellent second half. Savage was good first half but went totally off his game second half.

One big plus were MGP's deliveries- a long time since he got so many good crosses and corners in.

The TV close-ups of the stopping singing "you'll never walk..." when drowned out by three sides' booing and whistling was a treat.

Edited by philipl

I thought Bentley was pretty good in the second half.

Liverpool really know how to defend a lead.

399580[/snapback]

That's what I thought too, he looked quite threatening when he had the ball at his feet. It's just a shame he was forced to produce the perfect ball or watch it gobbled up by a resolute Liverpool defence.

Twelve against nine is right, however, though Dickov and Pedersen would be the two I'd single out as being a waste of space.

Edited by Exiled_Rover

We will just have to hammer the BIG CLUB next week to make up for this! Think Dunn faked injury so he wont have to play against his beloved Rovers? Peter might be work a run, MGP has done little for a while now, along with Emo and Bentley. Fick is in my option Bellers best partner! Best of a bad bunch. I firmly believe that if we had another quality striker we would be 5 or 6 point ahead of spurs now. Maybe next year.

phil...i think i know which one you are reffering to when bellars was pulling away from his marker. the tv showed the linesman make a signal with thumb and for finger to suggest only just offside....the same ###### linesman who failed to see cisse offside by 5 @#/? yards.

i have worked it out that to gaurentee uefa cup football next season, we need 7 points from the remaining 12 available.

Guys weve had a bit of bad luck. Thing to remember though is that it does more or less even it self out over the course of the season. We were woeful that first half, we didn't have 1 shot on or off target...as the home team that is pathetic. It doesn't look as if its a lack of effort, just class to be able to break them down.

399554[/snapback]

Well that's six points the MIB have gifted to Liverpool this season - where's this evening out then? wink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.