BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goal Of The Season

Goal Of The Season  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Goal Of The Season

• G0AL A - MORTEN GAMST PEDERSEN vs. fulham (h)
    • GOAL B - TUGAY vs. fulham (h)
    • GOAL C - MGP'S SECOND vs. manchester united (a)
    • GOAL D - BRETT EMERTON vs. charlton (h)
    • GOAL E - DAVID THOMPSON vs. charlton (a) league cup*
    • GOAL F - MORTEN GAMST PEDERSEN vs. wigan (a)
    • GOAL G - STEVEN REID vs. wigan (a)
    • GOAL H - MGP vs. manchester united (h) league cup*
    • GOAL I - LUCAS NEILL vs west ham united (a) f.a. cup*
    • GOAL J - DAVID BENTLEY'S THIRD vs. manchester united (h)
    • GOAL K - CRAIG BELLAMY'S FIRST vs middlesbrough (h)
    • GOAL L - CRAIG BELLAMY'S SECOND vs. middlesbrough (h)
    • GOAL M - CRAIG BELLAMY'S FIRST vs. portsmouth (a)
    • GOAL N - CRAIG BELLAMY'S SECOND vs. portsmouth (a)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tugay's. I've seen, I think, Gaizka Mendieta hit an amazing shot for Valencia directly from a corner, right in the top right corner of the net. But what's so brilliant about this one is that it was a very difficult volley. For Mendieta it dropped right in front of him.

Still, Anders Svensson hit an even sweeter direct volley from a corner a few years back. What made it even better was that when a TV crew was there the next day and asked him to do it again, he did it on the first try. With the groundsman/janitor/whatever the term is supplying the cross.

I'm a big fan of long-range volleys in general.

Bellamy's first on Sat, no contest. 2 things I always look at are the importance of a goal, and just how difficult it is to execute. While we can argue about the importance of some of the goals, there's no doubt there's only 1 player in our team who could have pulled that goal on Saturday off.

Not taking anything away from Tugay, but if connected with correctly, any player can smash a moving ball into the top corner. Most can only dream of scoring a goal like Bellers...

I just cannot decide between  Tugay v Fulham & Reid away at Wigan

sad.gif

398245[/snapback]

Thought long & hard about it & decided to vote for the Tugay v Fulham, mainly cos i was there. Didn`t get to Wigan, Tuggers gets my vote thumbs-up.gif

I have a feeling the best is yet to come this season, with 6 games left...

398185[/snapback]

5 anyways. wink.gif

I voted for option A, although I'd like to nominate Reid's winner against Sunderland thanks to Bob F's description of it biggrin.gif

There really has been some cracking goals scored this season. Not regretting the £10 I spent on Rovers World the other day. Got the chance to review them all.

Another spectacular finish from a tight angle was Emerton's against Charlton, perhaps even better. I doubt he'll get many votes though. I think it is one of those things where the more recent goals will benefit from being fresh in the mind.

Mr Moderators,

Is it possible for everyone to have three votes and aggregate? A sort of proportional representation, because there seems to be too many people who would like to vote for more than one goal.

Take it as a challenge for your web-building skills (he said smilingly.)

I'm voting for Reid at Wigan just for the sheer horrible speed & violence of the thing. Tugay v Fulham would get my second vote and MGP's in the same game would bet my third.

Lathund, ever seen Trevor Sinclair's overhead kick volley from 25 yards out for QPR?

Now that IS a goal.

398322[/snapback]

I have indeed. Lovely goal. Van Basten also scored a very nice overhead kick (Well he probably scored more...) that went right into the top corner. Not from outside the area, but it was so technically perfect and so perfectly placed that you could watch it forever.

And the reason I mentioned the two goals above was that they were specifically from corners, as I don't think Sinclairs was? (Correct me if I'm wrong, I only remember the actual finish from that goal). Only ones I could think of atm.

Beckham and Scholes were very good at the corner move, I can't remember ever seeing a clip of someone doing it before they did.

398470[/snapback]

what about Kewell and Harte for Leeds? Harte scored a couple of screamers from outside the penalty box after a Kewell corner

First goal I thought of when I saw this thread was Tugay's volley. Second was Emerton's belter (still think he had NO right to shoot from there) biggrin.gif

But Tugay deployed that shot like an assassin. Bided his time, composed himself, ready... ready... BANG. ohmy.gif

Tugay v. Fulham but I would love to buy a DVD collection of all these goals we have seen scored plus the  good ones coming in the next 5 matches.

Florida Rover

398414[/snapback]

Seconded, I hope the powers that be at Ewood are reading.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.