BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goal Of The Season

Goal Of The Season  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Goal Of The Season

• G0AL A - MORTEN GAMST PEDERSEN vs. fulham (h)
    • GOAL B - TUGAY vs. fulham (h)
    • GOAL C - MGP'S SECOND vs. manchester united (a)
    • GOAL D - BRETT EMERTON vs. charlton (h)
    • GOAL E - DAVID THOMPSON vs. charlton (a) league cup*
    • GOAL F - MORTEN GAMST PEDERSEN vs. wigan (a)
    • GOAL G - STEVEN REID vs. wigan (a)
    • GOAL H - MGP vs. manchester united (h) league cup*
    • GOAL I - LUCAS NEILL vs west ham united (a) f.a. cup*
    • GOAL J - DAVID BENTLEY'S THIRD vs. manchester united (h)
    • GOAL K - CRAIG BELLAMY'S FIRST vs middlesbrough (h)
    • GOAL L - CRAIG BELLAMY'S SECOND vs. middlesbrough (h)
    • GOAL M - CRAIG BELLAMY'S FIRST vs. portsmouth (a)
    • GOAL N - CRAIG BELLAMY'S SECOND vs. portsmouth (a)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First goal I thought of when I saw this thread was Tugay's volley. Second was Emerton's belter (still think he had NO right to shoot from there)  biggrin.gif

But Tugay deployed that shot like an assassin. Bided his time, composed himself, ready... ready... BANG.  ohmy.gif

398573[/snapback]

Well there was no other way to deal with it as it was coming over really. It was the sheer execution that makes it a brilliant goal. I feel the Pedersen one is a little overrated because of the team move it involved. These awards get credited to the goalscorer, so I really think it should be about the individual brilliance. And for individual brilliance, it's Bellers' first against Pompey. The run from in his own half capped off by one of the best finishes you'll see when it looked like he'd been pushed away from a goalscoring chance.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this:

Crybaby Osman

Aw...waaaaaaah sniff sniff Moysie Woysie sniff...those bad men have taken away 2 goals from me.

Moysie (actual quote): "But in my eyes, Leon scored both goals. If he hadn't been in those positions, would we still have scored? Of course not."

Er yes David. All own goals are from now on going to be credited to the nearest attacker. In the case where there is nobody within 6 yards of the defender except for the referee, the referee will be credited with the goal.

Mgp's against fulham, incredible strike. I think it's almost as good as Rooney's against Newcastle technique wise. Plus an assist for Shef makes it all the better, I was astonished when he put that cross in.

MGP against fulham! If you take account of the whole move. We battled to win the ball back with a great tackle and a couple of neat passes later, an excellent cross and a stunning volley!

Reid against Wigan is up there too as I was like front row behind the goal for that one and it would have taken my head off but for the net!

steven reid at wigan, cause it also was not just a cracking goal but a great bit of football that led up to it aswell. also, reidy had no time to line it up, just had to get to it before the defender and bang the crap out of it....it could have gone over the stand but didn't, what a stunning goal.

MGP against fulham!  If you take account of the whole move.  We battled to win the ball back with a great tackle and a couple of neat passes later, an excellent cross and a stunning volley!

Reid against Wigan is up there too as I was like front row behind the goal for that one and it would have taken my head off but for the net!

399159[/snapback]

I'm with you there murray92, two of the very best.

Compared to other years this is really difficult as there are many goals of exceptional and breath taking quality.

Bellamy's winner v Boro was fantastic in that we all thought we were doomed to lose. It's daft I know but the fact that Tugays's strike, Bellamy's 2 at Pompey, Neills strike at West Ham, etc etc etc are not even in my top three fills me with a certain guilt based regret. blink.gif

I voted for Tugay against Fulham because for some reason its the most memorable goal of the season for me (maybe because its been replayed so many times. I still cringe a bit when I see him apparently yelling 'Eff off!!' straight after it for no clear reason!). But MGP's against Fulham, Reidy's against Wigan (and his run & shot against Sunderland) and Bellamy's run from halfway & improbable shot against Portsmouth were all class.

I cant remember a season where there have been so many quality goals to choose from. Certainly the last couple of seasons (as memory serves it was Tugay last year and Duff the year before) were both fairly clear cut choices. This year may have been the Year of the Bellers, but we've seen some real quality throughout the team, exemplified by this goal of the season assortment.

Bring on the DVD!!!!!

Maybe as an extras bit on the DVD we could have all the dodgy goals that we have conceded this season due to poor officiating e.g. Keane's goals versus us at WHL and Fowlers last weekend with the invisible Cisse, the scuffed volley from Saha in the cup semi, the Nicky Butt bobbler from Wednesday and the not so free kick versus Newcastle in September. It would make for good viewing in soem ironic, sick way lol.

Edited by ihatethedingles

Bring on the DVD!!!!!

Maybe as an extras bit on the DVD we could have all the dodgy goals that we have conceded this season due to poor officiating e.g. Keane's goals versus us at WHL and Fowlers last weekend with the invisible Cisse, the scuffed volley from Saha in the cup semi, the Nicky Butt bobbler from Wednesday and the not so free kick versus Newcastle in September. It would make for good viewing in soem ironic, sick way lol.

401455[/snapback]

Brilliant idea!

A real blood-vessel buster. From thousands (OK, hundreds) of living rooms around Blackburn comes the cry of "*** ****** ****** ref. Rovers stick a patent on the idea and before you know it Jose & RFW have to pay us millions in fees.

Especially as ther DVDs of injustices will be three times as long as every one elses.

I'm still going for Reid's at Wigan.

Edited by colin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.