BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Goal Of The Season

Goal Of The Season  

243 members have voted

1. 1. Goal Of The Season

• G0AL A - MORTEN GAMST PEDERSEN vs. fulham (h)
    • GOAL B - TUGAY vs. fulham (h)
    • GOAL C - MGP'S SECOND vs. manchester united (a)
    • GOAL D - BRETT EMERTON vs. charlton (h)
    • GOAL E - DAVID THOMPSON vs. charlton (a) league cup*
    • GOAL F - MORTEN GAMST PEDERSEN vs. wigan (a)
    • GOAL G - STEVEN REID vs. wigan (a)
    • GOAL H - MGP vs. manchester united (h) league cup*
    • GOAL I - LUCAS NEILL vs west ham united (a) f.a. cup*
    • GOAL J - DAVID BENTLEY'S THIRD vs. manchester united (h)
    • GOAL K - CRAIG BELLAMY'S FIRST vs middlesbrough (h)
    • GOAL L - CRAIG BELLAMY'S SECOND vs. middlesbrough (h)
    • GOAL M - CRAIG BELLAMY'S FIRST vs. portsmouth (a)
    • GOAL N - CRAIG BELLAMY'S SECOND vs. portsmouth (a)
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

I cannot believe that Thompson's goal against Charlton in the league cup has not received more votes. Even more unbelievable is the fact that Thompson's goal is not even available to vote for on the official site. It was an absolutely fantastic strike in one of the best games I've ever watched.

However, it was extremely dificult to chose between this, Tugay's against Fulham and MGP's against Fulham. After a lot of thought, I decided to vote for the latter as the build up was just exquisite.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I cannot believe that Thompson's goal against Charlton in the league cup has not received more votes.  Even more unbelievable is the fact that Thompson's goal is not even available to vote for on the official site.  It was an absolutely fantastic strike in one of the best games I've ever watched.

401728[/snapback]

But probably the fact that Thommo is no longer a Rover has affected his goal's vote.

Just reading that list has made me realise we have all been very lucky this season, whatever happens.

I voted for Tugay's volley - I have been waiting for him to do that.

Bellers 1st at Pompey showed unbelievably tight technique and to take the shot at that speed really underlines what a player he is.

MGP's volley was also technically very tight. Although I'm not sure that cross from Shefki actually happened wink.gif

In terms of sheer elation experienced at the time of the goal I find it hard to split Bellers goal against M'boro and Reids thunderbolt of a strike at Wigan.

But, remember there is still time to add to this list. I would find it hard not to vote for a Savage 90th minute free-kick winner against the Champions.

I've gone for Tugay against Fulham, but a lot of credit on that one is down to MGP who picked Tugs out with a sweeeeet pass.

Reidys stonker at Wigan also made the journey from Brisbane worthwhile...

Lathund, ever seen Trevor Sinclair's overhead kick volley from 25 yards out for QPR?

Now that IS a goal.

398322[/snapback]

Yeah wasn't that against Man Utd with Schmeichel in goal?

What about Stevie Macs for Real Madrid in the Champions League Final a few years back or indeed my beautiful 1st time finish at the BRIC against you Groobs? U never even seen the ball wooooosh past you!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

T O P T H R E E G O A L S :

1. TUGAY vs Fulham

2. REID vs Wigan

3. PEDERSEN vs Fulham

Gamst against Fulham. The sheer awareness and technique displayed to so perfectly execute a volley while in full flight was unreal. That, and there was some lovely build-up play as I remember.

Yeah wasn't that against Man Utd with Schmeichel in goal?

Or was it against Barnsley wink.gif .

404564[/snapback]

Alrite Frosty, yeah i was wrong but it was nearly 10 years ago so i can be forgiven for that mistake. Besides can you even recall what you done on that day? My thinking exactly and to be fair the goal hasn't been played often over the last five or so years.

There was one game that i can recall between Utd and QPR at Loftus Road where a great goal was scored. Was it Paul Parker or someone with a 30yd thunderbolt? Thats the reason why i thought it was against Utd.

Edited by rover_groo

Interesting that Henry Winter in the Daily Telegraph today voted Pedersen's goal v Fulham as his goal of the season in the entire Premiership!

407430[/snapback]

I'd agree.

Reid's was a superb goal but for the pure techinique of the volley I think MGP was better.

Here in Oz we have a show called Total Football. Anyway, they had the EPL wrap up the other day and had the top ten goals. Rovers featured in 3 of them with Reid against Wigan number one, Tugay number three and Morton Gamst number six (I think).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.