BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Pub Match Courtcase

So why do gates fall when games are televised - they don't rise do they? Televising all the rovers games is a dead cert for reducing gates. I can't see it any other way.

398619[/snapback]

Surely though the increase in TV revenue would cover the majority of this loss?

If not most of the clubs would never dream of agreeing to it!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You live in the town

You claim to support Rovers

You're not ill or injured or infirm in any way

You don't go to games but DO go the pub down the road to watch the game.

How does that make you a proper fan. You contribute nothing to the club, and choose to do so.

I don't see there's any argument about it.

Happy days.

If they are paying its not as bad as illegally viewing, good on him for finding the loophole. Football is slowly becoming a dying breed with many sick to the back teeth of being ripped of.

Im not agreeing for home games, but away games its ideal

398545[/snapback]

Most of them pay anyway.

This is the worst news we could have had, today has not been a good day. At all.

But at least you can sit in your pub eh Dan withstupid.gif

Rovers losing even more fans would see the end of them as a prem club. It wouldn't affect many other teams because they still fill their ground. The attendance situation at Ewood must be so depressing to the club already. The fact that all clubs will still fill their ground means that wages wont drop either. Let's not get carried away, illegal tv affects rovers more than most.

Agree that football needs to change, but can't see illegal broadcasting, or even legal broadcasting helps.

Most of them pay anyway.

This is the worst news we could have had, today has not been a good day.  At all.

But at least you can sit in your pub eh Dan  withstupid.gif

398629[/snapback]

I dont claim to be the most loyal fan anymore, part of me has diversified from it for whatever reasons or others (possibly with working a series of saturdays in the past 2 years), before that I was always at Ewood and various away games. Since I went past the young season ticket limit i cant justify paying the £30 a game price, then prices for ale and generally a day/night out. I will be getting a season ticket again at the end of this season, of that no doubt, but I will still watch the away games in the pub. Call me what you like, im not as big a fan as some on here and I damn sure dont claim to be.

rover.gif the late brian clough said one day football would let the supporters into the ground for NOTHING,because football in a empty stadium is nowhere as exciting as it is when the ground is full.for many years it has been mooted that armchair supporters would be able to watch every game off the team they support live on tv,it's getting nearer that time is arriving.

for us the diehards being there live is the drug,too up and coming supporters they have a choice,if they decide to watch it in the pub,at home it;s there decision,football is at a crossroads tinykit.gif

rover.gif fair play to dmf he is telling the truth,many younger supporters think like him,what is football going to do to change his mind tinykit.gif

398634[/snapback]

£30 a ticket

£20 for beers before and after game, then probably another £30 or £40 after the game to make a day of it

few times a month? Sorry pal, my money stretches too far as it is. Im not the only one in the country with the same thoughts.

And I dont slag or call any Rovers fan, whether they go or not, so back off

by the way Waggy, cheers thumbs-up.gif

If Sky took over the TV rather than having Norway TV do it, what Modes98 says is right. The club's Sky revenue should increase as they get more game revenue. One solution for this is to have equal revenue sharing of TV money. That way every Prem team gets the same amount from the pot. More games being shown means a greater exposure elsewhere (cue Peter Kenyon and David Gill).

Den, the gates in this country are going down due to numerous factors. The Premier League's biggest growth market is abroad; TV satisfies that need. Increased TV revenue plus a level revenue sharing plan would help our club more than most as you can never rely on the local public to bail Blackburn out. There aren't many Jack Walkier's waiting in the wings for us.

Jan, are fans only fans when they go to watch games in the stadium? Do they owe the club or the game a living?

Excellent!

This will take billions out of the game......this means the likes of Glazier and the mancs will not have such a large commercial advatage over smaller clubs...cause the money wont be there!!!!!  Ah AHH!!

398561[/snapback]

mad.gif

How? It just means that gate reciepts will become all the more crucial. ph34r.gif

Let's just say that the TV broadcasters got it just right and managed to compensate us for lost revenue in attendances with TV money. That sounds like a good deal, wouldn't happen, but sounds good. However, clubs like United, City, Liverpool, Everton, Newcastle and a few others would still have the combination of simply enough supporters and enough die hard supporters that I think even if all of their matches were on TV they'd sell out every game. Now they would get as much TV money as us, on top of that they would get more money from the fans, not only would they have more showing up but they charge more as well. To top all of this off, how many players would choose to play at Ewood Park where you could be lucky to get 15000 when you could play at the COMS in front of more than twice as many?

OK. I'll just say this once.

ITS NOT £30 A TICKET.

Thank you.

And of course DMF, you sit in your pub at watch top flight football, after a short while you wont be able to watch Rovers anymore....

...Go figure how its good news?

OK.  I'll just say this once.

ITS NOT £30 A TICKET.

Thank you.

And of course DMF, you sit in your pub at watch top flight football, after a short while you wont be able to watch Rovers anymore....

...Go figure how its good news?

398642[/snapback]

rover.gif maybe he want's to sit with his mates in the bburn end,some matches cost £32,weather tickets are £15 for 17 games and £30 for one,the highest figure will always get quoted tinykit.gif

rover.gif maybe he want's to sit with his mates in the bburn end,some matches cost £32,weather tickets are £15 for 17 games and £30 for one,the highest figure will always get quoted tinykit.gif

398645[/snapback]

Thanks for telling me the pricing structure at Ewood. Something Id never been aware of. unsure.gif

You live in the town

You claim to support Rovers

You're not ill or injured or infirm in any way

You don't go to games but DO go the pub down the road to watch the game.

How does that make you a proper fan.  You contribute nothing to the club, and choose to do so.

I don't see there's any argument about it.

398628[/snapback]

I'm not talking about people who live 5 minutes away but still don't go. I'm talking about improving the game as a whole. Having all games back at 3pm on a Saturday is just one method. Either read things properly or go back to what you're good at, making silly twists on players names. Amauseless, hilarious indeed.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.