• Steven Reid
    • David Bentley
    • Bret Emerton
    • Morten Gamst Pedersen
    • Craig Bellamy
    • Paul Dickov
    • Shefki Kuqi

This poll is closed to new votes

i didnt think bellamy warranted player of the season, as he hasnt played a season, hes played half of one

lucas neill for me then, he seems to have had his best season so far for us and been very consistent imo

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting that last season we conceded 43 goals.  So far this season we've conceded 42.  Of course we've scored 46 vs 32 so shows you that a good striker is the difference between avoiding relegation and competing for champs league/Europe...

400823[/snapback]

How many did we concede before the floodgates closed after Hughes took charge? He lost his first 2 by 4 goals, after that we conceded a lot less than this year. So I would vote for Bellamy, he is a class above. Nelsen is good, but the defence hasn't played up to last year's stinginess.

I do remember Batty winning the player of the year one time ahead of Shearer so it's not always about goalscoring.

How many did we concede before the floodgates closed after Hughes took charge? He lost his first 2 by 4 goals, after that we conceded a lot less than this year. So I would vote for Bellamy, he is a class above. Nelsen is good, but the defence hasn't played up to last year's stinginess.

I do remember Batty winning the player of the year one time ahead of Shearer so it's not always about goalscoring.

401076[/snapback]

The stinginess was down to, in a large part, the 451 and the brilliance of Moko in the holding role.

Actually, considering how poorly the various partners to Bellamy are performing at the moment, is 451 an option:?

Bellamy

Peter                              Reid

Savage      Tugay     

Moko

Gray    Nelsen  Zurab  Niell

Friedel

Subs: Encks, Todd, Pendersen, Bentley, Pongo/Kuqi/Dickov

At home it might be a bit much to play that way, but away at Charlton it could do the trick.

Big Steven Reid for me. Has improved so much from the lost little boy who we first saw under Souness when he signed! Superb fitness, has played in every game, tackles well, box to box every game superb. Thought he was excellent against Liverpool. I would have gone for Bellamy, but dont think you can pick a player who has only half the season. tinykit.gif

rover.gif can fans see the game of football or do they go 4 the glory,nelsen is emmense and bellars is good,a few goals and we all forget about the best player we have had at ewood for a very long time tinykit.gif

400582[/snapback]

True, I voted for Bellamy almost instinctively. Having thought a bit more about it I'd change it to Nelsen if I could.

rover.gif i will argue the fact,bellars has missed upteen games,gone missing in games,for every goal bellars scores nelsen makes five tackles,he is supreme fact tinykit.gif

400863[/snapback]

You took the words out of my mouth. Bellamy has been good this season. He's been good as a goalscorer. On the occasions he has been on the pitch.

There are better candidates for player of the season. He's just winning because he has scored goals over the past few months. Which is what he is meant to do. Other players have done what they have meant to do, but much better.

It's an Antipodean for me.

rover.gif can fans see the game of football or do they go 4 the glory,nelsen is emmense and bellars is good,a few goals and we all forget about the best player we have had at ewood for a very long time tinykit.gif

400582[/snapback]

I'll beg to differ. Nelsen is a very good player but certainly ain't no Colin Hendry and has been at fault for several goals this season.

Bellamy is a class apart and would fully justify the award.

Although if the award is judged strictly on players who have contributed over the WHOLE of the season there are only two live contenders imo - Nelsen and Reid and I'd give Reid the edge.

imo reid is not player of the season but the most improved player this season. fairplay to the guy he has worked hard at his game and has been asked by hughes to play in a variety of positions which to my knowledge, he hasn't complained once, where with other player mentalities, they could have lost their rag quite easily.

if reid keeps his head and keeps working hard he will be a valuable asset for us. rover.gif

Bellamy by a long way for me.

Nelsen makes plenty of mistakes. Bellamy is the best goalscorer we have had since the SAS partnership.

If we didnt have bellamy and we have Dickov instead, now where would we be in the league?

Bellamy is the player most responsible for the turn around in fortunes this season. He has added the killer touch that we have been missing for so long. It's just a pity that he has been receiving such pathetic support recently. He is a class act and everyone dreads the news when he is injured. He's the man for me.

i went for Reid a couple of weeks ago, but i might be changing my choice to Nelson, he is just getting better and better by each game

402341[/snapback]

On the topic of Reid, I think he's just getting better and better every game.

Reid is good but think of the frustration when he hits a 40 yarder high and wide!!! Happened a lot since Wigan!!!! Getting better and one of the 1st names on the team sheet.

Craig Bellamy has been named in Football365's 'Alternative Team of the year'.

"Striker: Craig Bellamy

Without him, Blackburn are an average team destined for mid-table mediocrity. With his chavness on board, Blackburn are on the verge of qualifying for Europe."

401931[/snapback]

I read that too and it cheesed me off to Wensleydale and back.

How about "Without Roman Abramovich, Chelsea are just a mid table team" or "Without Thiery Henry Arsenal can't score many goals." Absolute meaningless nonsense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.