BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton 0 Rovers 2

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlton must be the worst team we have faced this season? On their website it said that bolton gave them a football lesson.......well i can see why........they were very poor..........we completely dominated the second half.

All credit to Mr Curbishley I reckon...........he had to let the Charlton fans know that he was leaving because this was his last home game............not the best preparation for the match!

Great result nonetheless.

actually, i dont thinkwe can complain about the ref. He booked Ped for a blatent dive, Savage got clattered, and walked away, and then decided to show disent to the ref about a challenge earlier got a booking (deserved) as did the charlton player who did the tackle.

Bellamy got booked for mouthing off again deserved booking.

The own goal was ###### funny

Curb's has resigned for either Newcastle or England is my bet

I'm confused...

Powell's own goal?

From 70 yards?  How'd that happen?

403287[/snapback]

Nah, the graphic's wrong. Pongolle's cross from the left was deflected from one of the Charlton defender and into the penalty area. 3 players (Andersen, Powell and Bellamy) went up for it and somehow Powell decides to score a goal on his 250th appearance for Charlton.

I felt we switched to 3-5-2 after Nelsen came off and Reid did a good job in both attack and defence. For most of the 2nd half it looked like we were playing against 10 . Dont know whether thats a reflection of our passing and movement off the ball, or of Charlton being plain s***

Just shows the difference when Tuagy's playing to when he's not. Him and Savage ran the game all match long. Charlton made us look like Barcelona at time, they gave us a lot of space and we played a brilliant 1 touch passing game.

Now let's hope we can get something from Chelski on Tuesday rover.gif

Agreed Tugay made a huge difference.

Lovely to win with only a couple of scares at our end. Hope Nelsen is OK for Tuesday.

I think we picked up as many bookings (4) as we committed fouls- it had to happen sooner or later.

League table looking nice tonoght as do the remaining fixtures.

Edited by philipl

That was exactly what we needed, after our poor run of form. I thought that we played very well, against a Charlton side, who were clearly thinking about something else. One thing that I would say, is that for all out nice build up, good passing and great possession, we didn't create enough chances. As the people on Prem Plus were saying, if we get a top striker to play with Bellamy, then we will be such a better team. Tugay had a great game in midfield and I thought Reid was doing well before getting switched. I would have brought Mokoena on for Nelsen myself, putting him at right back and leaving Reid where he was. Hopefully Nelsen will be fit for Wednesday, because we will need him.

Also, a word for Alan Curbishly, who has been a top manager for Charlton and a great servant for football. He deserves a break.

Would imagine Jose might rest a few of those going to the World Cup, whilst playing some of those still trying to secure their place; Certainly don't expect to see Terry.

My guess would be a team of..

Cech

Johnson Carvaliho Huth Del Horno

Essien

Gudjohnson Maniche

Wright Phillips Duff

Crespo

Not a bad reserve team though.

Would imagine Jose might rest a few of those going to the World Cup, whilst playing some of those still trying to secure their place; Certainly don't expect to see Terry.

My guess would be a team of..

Cech

Johnson Carvaliho Huth Del Horno

Essien

Gudjohnson Maniche

Wright Phillips Duff

Crespo

Not a bad reserve team though.

403328[/snapback]

Aye, still scares the ###### out of me unsure.gif

But we can do the buggers on these terms. Although, it's probably best for Chelsea's chances of getting points too, to rest some of their main stars and give hungry players a chance. It's never fun to face a bunch of hungry superstars...

Got to agree with everyone on here, Tugay was instrumental in our excellent performance tonight. He ran the show.

Bellamy is just a different class, he ran the channels well and if he had timed some of his runs slightly better may have had a fair few sniffs at goal.

I must say i were impressed with Bentle as well, he looked quite sharp tonight.

Looks like we'll have a make shift defence versus the champs but if we play like that we can beat them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.