SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Rise And Fall Of Mgp

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't understand some so called fans.

MGP was unstopable a couple of months ago and now just because his form has dipped a bit of late or he is not scoring great goals anymore some fans are getting on his back

just makes me laugh how some fans forget what he has done for us this season

I don't think that some contributors appreciate just how rare a goal scoring mid fielder is. Just have a look at the leading goal scorers table and I think that puts MGP into a proper perspective and on this basis he is in pretty illustrious company. this isn't the whole story but it is an important part of it. I also think that some people are underestimating his overall contribution.

SHall we do a comparison of our rivals in the league? Get things is perspective?

Arsenal- Pires

Tottenham- No real left winger. Andy Reid out of favour, Davids sometimes plays there.

Newcastle- N'zogbia, Luque

Bolton-Giannakopoulos

Wigan- Ziegler?

Us- The Ped

So..... who would you take out of that motley crew, apart from Pires obviously. I actually quite like N'Zogbia, and obviously Stelios has had a great season. But apart from those three I would take Gamst.

Still, I want to see Peter start next game.

So out of 6 you prefer three to our own left winger.  In fact only the two who don't HAVE a left winger are worse than Ped?  Put THAT in perspective

401833[/snapback]

The funny thing is, any Non-Blackburn fan I speak to thinks that Pedersen is our best player.

I try and explain about how he goes missing in games sometimes, but nobody believes me.

Rule of thumbs: (in my opinion, concerning corner kicks)

I: The harder, the better.

II: If the corner is aimed towards the 5yrd box, it should fall down by one of the two posts - not in between - that area is covered. (Dickov's goal earlier in the season is a good example on the first one, as for the latter I like it when someone can head the ball back into the box)

III: Scoring directly from a corner in the Premiership is not going to happen more than once every ten years - the goalkeepers are too good.

I'm not all that pleased with our corner kicks either, and certainly not the shots. It might look good on tv, but it's not threatening at all, and we will most likely end up with a corner kick on the opposite side. They usually come in hard though, which is very positive - we haven't had much luck with the few good ones. Nelsen isn't a good header unfortunately, he's a good jumper though. Todd has scored a couple, and Zura has had good finishes saved.

Set pieces - both ways - are something we need to work on! We concede too many goals this way, and we score all too few. There's a huge potential there, just look what good set pieces (and one decent winger) has brought for Bolton!

1. Don't you think if the management wanted MGP to stop trying to score from corners, they would tell him and he would stop?

2. He's played just short of 50 games this season.

3. Gamst is 24. He has 10 years of football ahead of him. Still developing and all that.

4. CLB, I think reason 5 has something to do with it...

The funny thing is, any Non-Blackburn fan I speak to thinks that Pedersen is our best player.

I try and explain about how he goes missing in games sometimes, but nobody believes me.

401836[/snapback]

That's exactly the same for me. I try to tell my friends that he is extremely inconsistent and that he often goes missing in games, but they think I'm not a "real" fan or something.

So out of 6 you prefer three to our own left winger.  In fact only the two who don't HAVE a left winger are worse than Ped?  Put THAT in perspective

401833[/snapback]

That is it in perspective. We are doing decently out of Pedersen as the only side around us that has a substantially better left winger is Arsenal.

Would you swap Ped for Andy Reid, N'Zobia, Luque and be confident that it was an upgrade? In fact I would only swap him for Ronaldo, Pires, Duff or Robben. Anybody else and I would worry that I was giving goals away a season.

He is not perfect but then who is in our team? Apart from Bellamy of course smile.gif

That is it in perspective. We are doing decently out of Pedersen as the only side around us that has a substantially better left winger is Arsenal.

Would you swap Ped for Andy Reid, N'Zobia, Luque and be confident that it was an upgrade? In fact I would only swap him for Ronaldo, Pires, Duff or Robben. Anybody else and I would worry that I was giving goals away a season.

401908[/snapback]

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes. He's going to be a great player.

Same here - everyone thinks he is amazing

401919[/snapback]

yes and so did you i bet earlier on this season, stop getting on his back and give him the support he needs at this moment of time, every player goes through a bad patch and he is having his now, but he is still probably Blackburn' best player apart from Bellers

Edited by gazsimm

Actually MGP's corners and crosses in the Liverpool game were top notch. The exception but welcome.

MGP is an exceptional talent- there are very few in the Prem who can strike the ball with such unnerring accuracy with either foot when shooting on goal.

My big concern is not his work rate or his skill or his footballing brain but everybody knows the guy disappears as soon as anyone hits him with a hefty challenge. I can't say I ever appreciated the rough stuff but then I was never paid £1m a year to stand up to guys kicking the wotsits out of me once every seven days.

yes and so did you i bet earlier on this season, stop getting on his back and give him the support he needs at this moment of time, every player goes through a bad patch and he is having his now, but he is still probably Blackburn' best player apart from Bellers

401987[/snapback]

agreed! 2nd best player we've got.

MGP's goals have masked some average displays, but think where we'd be without his goals.

he hasnt performed consistantly, away from home, and needs to work on that.

trying to score from every corner is infuriating. he also needs to get more involved in build-ups, but that might take away his goalscoring edge.

i hope M.G.P scores a cracker on saturday against Charlton.

Then guess what will happen then all the fans who have been calling him recently will be saying he is the best thing since sliced bread. Some fans are just so short minded these days

Next season will be the year we get a good picture of what he can do. He is a talented individual but i would like to see him improve his work-rate over the summer.

He has a lot to prove next season-yes he has scored some very important goals but when the goals dry up and it leaves a player wanting it shows how good that player really is to come out of that rut a better player and thats what Pedersen has to do next year-prove his worth to team not by just scoring goals but by showing his all-round game. A;lso by stopping him from going for goal from bloody corners. It may have worked when he were 9 or 10 but its not going to work in the Prem especially when keepers know what he is going to try and do.

Edited by ihatethedingles

i hope M.G.P scores a cracker on saturday against Charlton.

Then guess what will happen then all the fans who have been calling him recently will be saying he is the best thing since sliced bread. Some fans are just so short minded these days

402365[/snapback]

Ive been saying he aint all that since I saw him play in a reserve game against villa last season and DePedro was the better player.

He's good but hes not that good at the moment

because, bless them the newspaper shysters only watch the match highlights. Which as you prove, shows only 1 part of MGP's game , the goals, what they dont show is the fact that for another 80minutes you might as well not have him on the pitch for all the good he does

because, bless them the newspaper shysters only watch the match highlights. Which as you prove, shows only 1 part of MGP's game , the goals, what they dont show is the fact that for another 80minutes you might as well not have him on the pitch for all the good he does

402382[/snapback]

ok try saying that to Bellamy (he will think you are on a different planet)

He has set up most of Bellers goals this season maybe you should be having a little look at Mickey Gray he is the weakness on the left side not Pederson

I think what people tend to be missing here regardless of the pros & cons of MGP shooting direct is the inability of the rest of the team to anticipate or attack the ball. The same happens with freekicks.

As Tchocky has stated , maybe there is a reason he does what he does as MH and his team feel we will get the most benefit from it due to us lacking in respect of what I mentioned above.

I have posted before about the virtue of having somebody covering the back end (far post) of the penalty area around the corner of the six yard box - something I learnt at an early age and scored many a goal from in my younger days and not something you see many teams adopting nowadays which I find strange - you see the flight of the ball most of the time you go unsighted by the defenders who end up ball watching in addition to being able to anticipate and react to any deflections/flick ons.

Leave him alone - all wingers are notoriously inconsistent.

Best scoring winger since Bryan Douglas....nuff said.

Name a winger better £ for £ in value to their team.

Can only think of John robertson at Notts forest and Jason Wilcox

for Alan Shearer.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.