BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nintendo Wii

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get my hands on a Nintendo Wii on Thursday, it is bleeding fantastic, so much more fun than just pressing buttons on a controller. Tennis, Baseball and Boxing on Wii Sports are fantastic but knackering!

I got one for my birthday last week and it is ace!!! I really like the sports pack. I've been playing on the tennis more than anything else - became a pro last night :tu:

I can't get my Wii fitness age below 39 though:(

I got one for my birthday last week and it is ace!!! I really like the sports pack. I've been playing on the tennis more than anything else - became a pro last night :tu:

I can't get my Wii fitness age below 39 though

Clare there a couple of points I would like to make about what you have written there...but I will leave them for Abbey to make.

• 4 weeks later...

Is there more to the Wii than the novel control? Are the games actually good? I'm not going to buy one, as I am poor, and have a Mega Drive and a PS1 already. The control system does look lots of fun though.

On a slightly related note, if you have small kids, I've found that the PS2 Eye Toy is popular, and is probably safer than playing on a dance mat during drunken parties.

Is there more to the Wii than the novel control? Are the games actually good?

No, but it is nothing less than you ask to be for the price tag.

Yes, Tiger Woods is awesome and has improved my golf technique in real life. Although my tennis is still as rubbish as ever.

No, but it is nothing less than you ask to be for the price tag.

Yes, Tiger Woods is awesome and has improved my golf technique in real life. Although my tennis is still as rubbish as ever.

I found the control system in Tiger Woods to be really disappointing, but with it being an EA Sports title I expected it. If only it had a swing like the Wii Sports golf game, not the power bar bit, just a system that recognises when you're swinging a lot better.

You play golf Christian? Oh dear. And i bet I'm a lot worse at tennis. I can't serve overarm, and just aim for getting it over the net.

Yeah, i am getting better each year, handicap of 26 now!

Thats what tennis is all about boyo!

I found the control system in Tiger Woods to be really disappointing, but with it being an EA Sports title I expected it. If only it had a swing like the Wii Sports golf game, not the power bar bit, just a system that recognises when you're swinging a lot better.

I find it more useful for tactics than for the actual physical swing, nothing beats the course for that. Graphics aren't anything special but still the game play is good enough!

• 2 weeks later...
anyone care to exchange codes? mario strikers charged is out next week and it will be the first game that can be played online.

my code is 1296 9386 7144 7658.

I bought this. It's ###### mental.

Is this your console code or your Strikers code? Or are they the same thing? Stupid online system. Playing ranked games against unknowns is the easier bet.

thats my console code. i think when you exchange console codes your mii characters can go into each others plaza.

i don't have mario strikers charged but a friend has it and i've played it quite a bit. i'm not very good at it though so i usually get beat online. also the lag doesnt help but i think that's my fault because im playing wireless.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.