BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nintendo Wii

Not totally sure on that. I assume they do.

I'm pretty good at the tennis now, only thing i hve pro status on. On my mates wii i had pro status at bowling but i can't recapture the form it seems.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just ordered it from hmv. £29.99 and free delivery, not bad at all. Nunchuck is £14.99 but out of stock.

I guess it just takes getting used it. It is street soccer type football isn't it?

i have mario strikers charged ordered as well. should be with me in a day or two. if you want to find your wii console code click the envelope icon in the bottom right of the wii menu, then click create message and then click address book. the code should be somewhere there, but if it takes you to your address book you might have to go a page to the left to find it. don't know why they made it so difficult to find.

I don't get what it does but, i'll add you guys later.

My wii fitness age is jumping round like a frog on heat. As soon as i get a boxing task i drop down and then when i don't i go back up into the early 20's.

You get boxing tasks in the wii fitness? That has never happened to me. I find that the average can drop really easily but it is hard to bring up. I got a 20 and it only took my average (that was at 28) up by 1, but the following day I managed to drop to 35.

You get boxing tasks in the wii fitness? That has never happened to me. I find that the average can drop really easily but it is hard to bring up. I got a 20 and it only took my average (that was at 28) up by 1, but the following day I managed to drop to 35.

God yeah. I had 2 in 1 day (out of 3) killed me totally. I went from 21 down to 38. I guess my average is around 25-27, but i have missed 1 day.

Currently waiting on mario soccer from hmv. I am starting to get bored with wii sports and i am playing wii play alot more to improve my controller skills. I still need another nunchuck though £15! :blink:

Eddiewac, i have added you but i can't send a message to you for some reason.

Whats your wii number eddie?

Ye me internet is playin up at the minute for some reason, so mayb thats why cos the wii can't connect to the internet but i think it's just the network key i need to enter so i'l get that done tonight :tu:

Mario strikers has just been dispatched. Should have it in a few days, can't wait! However still no news on the cheap nunchuck that hmv have £15, rather than £18 and with free delivery.

I think i have broken the tennis game, my ranking is now 1993, but baseball annoys the hell out of me.

Eddie, i had all of my fitness tests yesterday as the 3 boxing ones. Properly bad on the old fitness and the wii age.

Advice required - I have a 360 for my own indulgence but am considering getting a Wii for "party mode". I don't want to go overboard with cost so what do I need? Specifically some comments on:

Remotes/Controllers/Nunchucks - what they do? how many needed? price

Games - must haves / nice to own / fun

Cables - options / visual impact / price

Also, would 360/wii be able to connect via same broadband router (bt 8mb)?

Thanks

if you just buy a wii (no bundle) it will come with one remote and one nunchuck. an additional remote costs about £25 and another nunchuck costs about £15 but not all games require the nunchuck. you can probably get a bundle that includes a couple of games and an extra remote and end up saving a little ca$h.

as for the cables i don't think it's that important as the wii doesnt do HD. and you should have no problem with the router. if it's a wireless router you can connect the wii that way, it has wireless built in. or just run a cable, the xbox shouldnt cause any issues.

i can't really say what games to get, because i haven't been able to play mine much thanks to my little bro being addicted to mario strikers online.

Weird, maybe you need to open up the 3 boxing challenges before you can do it?

Ah that explains it, i quite like them even though they aren't the easiest.

Wii age is about 25 at the moment. Still waiting for mario! :rover:

Yeah, I tended to opt out of the Nunchuck tests when I first started but I love them now!

Damage, if you're really going to party mode then maybe have a look at some of the reviews of Warioware Smooth Moves, I think up to 32 players can play (if I remember right) and it basically invloves loads of quick fire tasks that last a few seconds before switching to the next player. There's about 4 multiplayer modes that can be unlocked. But it is weird, so it might not be your thing :)

Edited by Hainesey

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.