Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nintendo Wii

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Love my Wii, even moreso since I've recently splashed out on a new 32" LCD telly, looks pretty good.

Also like the fact that you can still play the old Gamecube games and have been picking up a few via ebay for cheap.

Looking forward to seeing what titles are lined up for 2008.

Got a controller for around £7.99 and a gamecube memory card for around the same.

Gamestation (at least round my way) have an offer on certain GC games too where it's 2 for £20 or 4 for £20. Some of the GC games are pretty decent, having picked up Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker Special Edition (includes the LoZ Ocarina of Time from the N64 as a bonus disc) and Tales of Symphonia (into my RPG games :) ) as well as NHL 06. Just need a decent GC footy game now.

• 1 month later...
For those into retro gaming, it looks like there'll be more games added to the Wii Virtual Console with the C64 and Sega Master System catalogues being added.

http://www.totalvideogames.com/news/C64_Jo...2828_5386_0.htm

There's retro gaming and then there's just too bloody old to get any enjoyment whatsoever out of it. The early 80s arcade games on Xbox Live are just utter pointless to play even for a retro nostalgic feeling. There's some good games on the master system which might be worth it (well would be worth it if you couldnt just download them for free on the PC) but the C64 is a step too old, you might think you loved all them games back when you were 5 but play them today and the whole memory gets ruined. At least that's my experience of these really old games. Even Dizzy is losing its charm.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
get in, just got a txt from game sayin my mario kart wii will be ready to pick up tomorrow!

I am not being funny or mean to cause any offense when I say that up until now I haven't been bothered about any game on the wii.........that is of course until now.

I spent ages playing the old Mario Kart and this is meant to be back to its best.

Are you getting the little wheel with it two? I am told it works very well.

I am not being funny or mean to cause any offense when I say that up until now I haven't been bothered about any game on the wii.........that is of course until now.

I spent ages playing the old Mario Kart and this is meant to be back to its best.

likewise, apart from zelda, which i stil havent completed, i havent really been too bothered about any games, this is the first iv pre-ordered, hopefully the controls do work wel, iv read that they do but that was in the official nintendo mag soooooo but ye mario kart is always a must! ye i'll be gettin the wheel, not sure if it'll be included in the order though

but ye mario kart is always a must!

No it isnt. Can't be sure what system the last one I played was on - think it may have been the game cube but it didnt have the same feel as the older one. Dont know if anyone else played it but you had two of the characters on the one Kart. Crash Bandicoot did a similar thing around the same time I think which was also poor.

• 3 weeks later...
No it isnt. Can't be sure what system the last one I played was on - think it may have been the game cube but it didnt have the same feel as the older one. Dont know if anyone else played it but you had two of the characters on the one Kart. Crash Bandicoot did a similar thing around the same time I think which was also poor.

It was the gamecube I think and, like you, I don't recall it being particularly good. Ditto the Crash Bandicoot one, I bought Tag Team Racing having absolutely loved the original and Crash Nitro Kart and it was terrible, don't think I drove more than half-a-dozen circuits.

Edited by Tango

• 2 weeks later...

it wasnt, although Stoke Toys R Us had and I am now a proud owner of a Wii with Mario Kart, its rather good, once I've worked out how to get it linked to the t'interweb anyone up for playing?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.