BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Final Curtain - Rovers V Man City

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm delighted that we have finished the league off with a win. Kuqi ended the season with 7 league goals, which isn't bad for the big oaf. I was glad to hear that Gallagher got a game and sounded like he played well. I'd like to see how he does under Hughes next season and I hope that he is given more games over Kuqi or Dickov. Did McEveley get a game?

Well done Rovers, this has been one of our best seasons in a long while. Mark Hughes, his staff, the people at the club and all the players have turned Blackburn's fortunes around and have made us into a top club again. We'll have to add to the squad and work just as hard next season, to make sure that this season wasn't a one off.

(Also, Spurs didn't make the Champions League, yesss! biggrin.gif )

It's really an honour to be supporting blackburn, considering it's not really a BIG club. 6th place 63 points.... excellent stuff from the lads this season. If sparky can build from this, BIG club status is not far away. thumbs-up.gif

Did McEveley get a game?

405687[/snapback]

It looked like it was planned for him to come on but everything had to change when Mokoena had to go off early on. Gallagher would also have had longer on but for Tugay's sending off.

Well done Rovers!

Spurs deserve to finish 5th anyway, after trying to get the game called off. Interesting to see what their lineup was.

EDIT: Att was just under 26,000 smile.gif

Edited by frosty

Excellent end to a very good season. We were so close to the CL. If we hadn't dropped all those silly points it would be us and not Arsenal sitting in fourth place.

Anyway, at least Spurs missed out. biggrin.gif

Edited by Rovermatt

Looks like there are going to be "afters" to this game. Sommeil is to be investgated by the FA for spitting at Dickov in the first half. Perhaps Tugay can appeal his red card if the camera does show that contact was as minimal as being claimed.

Was it brutal in the second half?- six yellows and a red suggests that there were no prisoners taken and the ref was losing it.

Anyway, a nice result and a fitting way to celebrate an excellent season.

Jay would have got a game if Tugay didn't go all Karate Kid on the Manc Citeh player.

I was really, really impressed with Shefki Kuqi today as for all this season i have given him no credit what so ever and today he deserves some. Well played Kuqi!!!!!

I was also fairly impressed with Bert for a change, once he settled into the game he played quite well at right back, but he was only playing against a poor Man Citeh outfit.

Roll on August!!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.