SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rooney Carried Off

den

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's those stupid fricking fairy boots these gaylords flounce about in.

They need to start playing in hob-nailed boots again.

403374[/snapback]

Jeeps Bryan where ya bin mucka?

IMO do you know how spot on you really are?

Anyway, how the hell do people think we stand a chance with pumpkin/lettuce/tomato/swedish cabbage in charge?

Blame the FA - does exactly what it says on the tin.

Heard a medical expert on the radio this morning say he will probably not be able to run for 5-6 weeks and has no chance of playing in the group games. Sven will have to decide on Rooney or Owen I reckon because he can't take both if neither will be fit for the start. In reality they are probably both out so its Crouch and DeFoe then.

What is it with England players and metatercels?

Lets just face it, Rooney will NOT play any part in the WC. Didn't he get the same injury at Euro 2004 versus Portugal and he didn't play again until October/November in the Champions League when he scored that hat-trick.

Without Rooney who i feel is the only player we have who other nations truly fear, we have got no chance of even making the semi's nevermind winning it. add no Owen to that mix, going to the WC with starting line-up strikers of Defoe & Crouch does not fill me with confidence.

Although saying that, the same thing happened in 1966 with Jimmy Greaves being out of the tournament and he was a first choice striker and look what happened. Maybe it could be the tournament for somebody to really make a name for themselves.

This is an absolute disaster! Englands equivalent of Ronaldinho! Bye bye world cup! Rooney makes us tick! Complete disaster! Im gutted. Every major tournament England suffer a host of injuries! It not even funny anymore!

Lets just face it, Rooney will NOT play any part in the WC. Didn't he get the same injury at Euro 2004 versus Portugal and he didn't play again until October/November in the Champions League when he scored that hat-trick.

403468[/snapback]

I thought he broke it last time, this time it is a fracture. I think.

We are screwed, it took Rooney 3 months to get back lastt time, it took Owen 4 months to play his first game and it was still bothering him so it doesn't look too good. I know the injuries aren't all the same but they are similar. Without Rooney we have no chance of winning the World Cup. Hopefully he can be fit to play fromt he second round onwards as we should be able to cope without him in the Group stages.

Edited by Rovers_4_life

for the world cup we need players that are a 100% match fit and its safe to say that he will not be. you can be the greatest ever but if you are not fit you will be found out at the highest level.

Its a great shame for the lad and for england but for me he will not be match fit for the world cup.

Owen could still play

Still, I wouldn't want to rest my world cup hopes on him.

We still have goal scorers in Cole, Gerrard and Lampard. Maybe we should play Crouch up front, and 5 in midfield.

Could this be Beattie's chance to get in the world cup squad?

Does anyone know when the squad gets announced?

Eddie, what's the difference between a break and a fracture?

403503[/snapback]

Technically I don't think that there is one. However, fracture is often used when the damage done to the bone is a a thin break, something like a hairline fracture. I've found that when the media reports something as a break or a fracture the fracture tends to be less severe.

I thought a fracture was when the bone is moved out of place, therefore it doesn't actually have to heal, but just be moved back into place and given time to regain strength.

A break is when the bone actually, well, breaks.

Possibly wrong, but that's what I always thought, though it's a while since GCSE PE took place.

Taking both Rooney & Owen to the world cup, when they`re both not fit could end up being the single biggest England disaster ever! huh.gif

What do you do? take a gamble with them or play safe by giving other fit players a chance in the squad? Both Beckham & Gerrard were carrying injuries during the European championships & they had poor performances by their standards.

Sven gets paid a hell of alot of money to make these decisions. At the end of the day he could end up being remembered as a great England manager or the man who took a gamble & lost big time.

What will Sven do? huh.gif

I`d take the safer option & take two fit players as i fear the gamble is too big.

I thought a fracture was when the bone is moved out of place, therefore it doesn't actually have to heal, but just be moved back into place and given time to regain strength.

403510[/snapback]

That's a dislocation.

I think "break" and "fracture" can be used interchangably. An open (green?) fracture is when the bone pokes out of the skin.

I just hope Rooney's a quick healer. I'd put him in the squad anyways. And I'd certainly be taking Defoe now.

Just say if and it's a big if that Owen and Rooney did miss the world cup, then there's no doubt that we'd be screwed. I suppose our best option then would be Crouch and Defoe, but I've never really rated the latter at International level, and Crouch is also unproven at the top level. What other strikers are there? Beattie/Johnson, Ashton/ Bent? They hardly wet the appetite do they?

That's a dislocation.

I think "break" and "fracture" can be used interchangably. An open (green?) fracture is when the bone pokes out of the skin.

I just hope Rooney's a quick healer. I'd put him in the squad anyways. And I'd certainly be taking Defoe now.

403515[/snapback]

Of course, you are but correct....

Incidently, this is the time I wish we had Scolari as manager.

He would simply decide if Rooney was fit enough, or going to be, and make a decision. We need to know one way or another if he's going, as the uncertainty is just as bad as the injury itself.

Taking both Rooney & Owen to the world cup, when they`re both not fit could end up being the single biggest England disaster ever!  huh.gif

403512[/snapback]

If both of them can be fit for the second round onwards then i would take them and risk it, rather than take ashton or bent in their place and weaken the team unit.

Looks like owen is fine anyway, he just needs a couple of outings which he should get and then we will be jsut talking about rooney as a doubt. (touch wood)

To be honest, if Rooney doesn't make it i would stick Gerrard up front. I think he would do a better job of it than Crouch or Ashton or anyone else.

But if we are going to have realistic chance of reaching the final we need roon fit!

403384[/snapback]

For just a small fee I could fix Kuqi up with the necessary documentation to show his English grandparents. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Fife Rover

That's a dislocation.

403515[/snapback]

An open fracture is a compound fracture.

A greenstick fracture is akin to a bend in the bone as is commonly seen in wrist injuries.

The England provisional squad has to be named in 8 days so apart from Defoe, Crouch, Owen, who else is Sven going to take if he cannot take Rooney. IMO it has to be Darren Bent, he is the top scoring Englishman in the Premiership.

As for Rooney i cannot see him even being fit for the second round nevermind the group stage, it would be a bit unfair on the lad to throw him in against our second round opponents which could be the Germans with no match practise and short of fitness. It is a very unlucky blow for us as a nation but an even mroe unlucky blow for the lad himself especially after the way his European Championships ended as well. He would have no doubt have been one of the stars of the tournament, but hey miracles can happen, he may still make it. But probably won't happen.

What a shame.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.