Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rooney Carried Off

den

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On another tack

The third choice goalie went from one who played for Norwich to one who played for Sheffield Wednesday (albeit on loan from Liverpool), while the fourth choice is now someone who spent the season at Watford (albeit on loan from Manure). Says a lot about the state of English goalkeeping really

Edited by Jan

I have had a bit of a think about this and reckon there really isn't much point taking Defoe and leaving Rooney behind.

If Owen makes it then we are going to play a Gerrad-Owen combination up front with Crouch coming off the bench with Walcott employed as a supersub to hit other teams on the break. For Defoe to start he will need, I reckon, both Owen and Crouch to be injured as well as Rooney. His involvement would be negligiable if he is on the bench as I rekon Walcott woul dbe preferred as an impact player. So any which way you look at it Defoe is in a bind.

It's going to be strange, playing without two 'proper' strikers, but I rekon it could well be interesting and produce some attractive footie.

We should be able to win our group games without him. We have some excellent players in our squad. Then bring him in during the later stages.

I think the Belarus game showed how they would go without him

I think the Belarus game showed how they would go without him

C'mon Neekoy, without half the first team playing and and indifferent attitude to the game, you could hardly take the result seriously :blink:

With the correct defence (no Hargreaves at RB) and midfield (Gerrard, Beckham and Lampard)on and in tournament conditions you will get the right result.

Edited by AussieinUk

• 2 weeks later...

Rooney's been told he can play in the World Cup if he gets a Cortizone Injection.

David Beckham has said....................

"If that fat f****r's having a new car, then so am I"

There are reports in today's papers that Rooney was doing some pretty rigorous training yesterday. The bloke has two fractures in his foot, there is no way that the injuries could have healed sufficiently. It may not be hurting but will the affected area be able to withstand sustained match pressure?!

There are reports in today's papers that Rooney was doing some pretty rigorous training yesterday. The bloke has two fractures in his foot, there is no way that the injuries could have healed sufficiently. It may not be hurting but will the affected area be able to withstand sustained match pressure?!

To be fair it has been what, just over 5 weeks now in what was predicted to be a 6 week recovery, so it would make sense if he were on or ahead of schedule that he should be doing some pretty serious training. I am not a doctor, but I'll put my faith in the England and Manchester United medical staff, especially because of the fact that the Manchester United medical staff are involved so they won't want to see him rushed back.

It took Gary Neville 21 weeks to recover from a metatarsal injury. Michael Owen broke the same bone on New Year's Eve. He still isn't fully fit.

Nugent had the same injury and played and scored 7 weeks later. Rooney will have a huge advantage in the fact that he is so young, it will help his recovery time no end. It will depend on the individual, but based on everything I have heard from doctors there is no reason why you can't recover from an injury like this in 6-8 weeks time.

It took Gary Neville 21 weeks to recover from a metatarsal injury. Michael Owen broke the same bone on New Year's Eve. He still isn't fully fit.

you cant compare players recovery times. varying builds of the athletes and general fitness etc.. mean that recovery times can vary.

from the pics i seen on the front of the newspapers this morning with rooney doing a sissor/pele style kick he looks well on the road to recovery.

i bet the scot at manky wasn't to happy when he saw those!

i sypathise with fergie. i wouldnt be happy if it was bellers being risked. i expect the meeting between england doctor and man utd medical staff to be 'explosive.'

now with my english head on, he trained this morning.... woo hoo!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,27-2212780,00.html

Hopefully he will play and aggravate the injury so he misses the start of next season. Or maybe Alex will fall out with him and we know what usually happens as a consequence to that.

Or England winning the world cup and the thug missing every game would be good.

Edited by Anti-Man Utd

Hopefully he will play and aggravate the injury so he misses the start of next season. Or maybe Alex will fall out with him and we know what usually happens as a consequence to that.

Or England winning the world cup and the thug missing every game would be good.

He is not a thug.

Talk about living in the past. When he was subbed against Spain, he looked like he might be becoming a thug. But since then, he has been nothing but a brilliant player, and good role model to the younger generation.

He's nothing but Man Utd scum. Rooney is no role model he's a foul mouthed thug and he always has been. The only player at Man Utd I consider role model material in recent years is David Beckham.

Rooney will show his true colours soon enough.

Grow up.

He's nothing but Man Utd scum. Rooney is no role model he's a foul mouthed thug and he always has been. The only player at Man Utd I consider role model material in recent years is David Beckham.

What's the odds for a Beckham type red?

Ah, Bucky, keep up with the Kool-Aid...

I guess 30 seconds of F-bombs shows a great maturity.

I'm for certain going to make 2 bets on the World Cup. First, Brazil not to make it past the first round (only for the odds) and second, for Rooney to get sent off.

Wheres all the hatred over Man Utd come from, cos its certainly covering your eyes over Rooneys undoubted talent.

You really think he would balls up for us in the World Cup given the chance? dont talk rubbish

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.