BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About 10-12 years ago I got a game for my state-of-the art 486-DX266 PC that was, I think, one of the early versions of football manager, or championship manager. Anyway, I played it for ages taking lowly Halifax (the worst team in the game) from the bottom of the old 4th division up the leagues. I played for hours on that game, constantly analysing cheap players abilities and wondering whether they'd add to my team and could I afford the wages, should I increase the ground capacity or buy a new left-back etc etc. And then, somebody gave me a cheat for it that gave me infinite money. Basically, I just built up the stadium until I'd reached the limits of the software and I took Halifax to a number of titles in a very short space of time. I even won the European Cup with them. However, it didn't take long before I tired of it - it was boring just buying the best players whenever I felt like it and after ages playing the game, within a week or so of getting the cheat I'd ruined it and didn't want to play anymore. Basically, it just devalued all the achievements.

Anyway, enough of the nostalgia. Hopefully I'll get away from work in time to see us just pip this one. My guess is that Chelsea without Terry will be a little less resilient and we know Bellers can cause them problems. 2-1 to us in front of 27,000

I can see cfc allowing all the fringe players a game

cudicini, huth, johnson,gudjohnson,maniche,cole c,swp,diarra and geremi

thats some reserve line up !

Nothing to play for in the league

Out of the cup

all the star players preparing for the world cup

no other premiership record on the line

lets hope they all had a good pi$$ up and are still suffering ohmy.gif

1-1

Bellamy

...and 1 point could be all what we need...

It's up to us now!!!

Blue and white rover.gif

403650[/snapback]

1 is all we need. wont be easy though, i'm having nightmares over nelson missing out and SWP roasting gray, not to mention him taking the ###### out of me (as he always does).

we won at charlton, without me predicting, so i'm gonna abstain again.

1 is all we need. wont be easy though, i'm having nightmares over nelson missing out and SWP roasting gray, not to mention him taking the ###### out of me (as he always does).

403655[/snapback]

Errrrrrr.............might be reading this wrong but do we have one of our players amongst our number on here? huh.gif

Pleasure seems to think he is friends with SWP. I have no reason to doubt him as it seems a pretty random player with no connections to Rovers at all. Although I sure I remember you saying he was set to join Rovers on loan?!

And even if you are friends with SWP, Im sure he's delighted with you telling an internet messageboard whats going on in his career(refering to the posts you made a while back on him)

Errrrrrr.............might be reading this wrong but do we have one of our players amongst our number on here? huh.gif

403670[/snapback]

um, pleasure is a bit 'eccentric' with his posts. Fact occasionally blurs with fiction...

I am just wondering why SWP is so interested in 'roasting' gray. Add I'm not sure Blackburn's more conservative fans will think that's value for money on tuesday evening. I mean, you could get a video for a tenner.

rover.gif i was one whats pathetic about it?as for the game sven should be on the phone to mourinoho.

england need cole/terry/lampard in germany so they should not play,if they do and get done so be it,a draw is on the cards,score draw more favourable than most tinykit.gif

Jesus, I want to leave work. Bored, bored, bored.

My side for tuesday:

Bellamy  Pongolle

Peter      Savage      Tugay    Reid

Gray    Nelsen(!)    Zurab    Niell

Freidel

Subs: Encks, Moko, MGP, Bentley, Gallagher

If Nelsen is not fit we are going to get tanked. The whole defence will lose confidence in itself. The best option in that scenario is to do the samething as we did on sat: Niell at CB and Reid at RB with Bentley on the wing. Moko cannot go in at centreback. Him and Zurab there would be suicidal!

Even with Nelsen in we are up against it. We will need Bellamy to be at the top of his game.

As for Pedersen, I have not been as critical as some, but you have to say that he is more adversely affected by fatigue than pretty much any Rover I have ever seen. He just disappears if we play a couple of games in quick succession. Might as well have Peter on for this game and have a fit Ped next weekend.

Edited by joey_big_nose

home defeat sad.gif  but who cares if spuds have done bolton later today

403502[/snapback]

.......... but as 1864roverite said 'who cares' because if Notlob lose to the mighty potatoes we will all but have 6th place...........

403540[/snapback]

Oh right, fine. I'll just stop at home. Clearly it was a waste of time spending all day at work yesterday to ensure I'm at Ewood for KO. Never mind that we have the first chance to beat the PL champions, forget the fact we need at least a point and possibly three to guarantee 6th spot, UEFA qualification and £4.5m in prize money. Lets just give up, lose the next two games and settle for eighth. Now can someone remind me why Rovers bother to play the game or we turn up to watch?

Anyone who doesn't care about this result should watch on Sky.

Now can someone remind me why Rovers bother to play the game or we turn up to watch?

403733[/snapback]

For the same reasons as 11 years ago. 8th May 1995.

Only those there could experience the nervous tension, excitment, and eventual release joy, both on and off the field of play.

Need I say more.

For the same reasons as 11 years ago. 8th May 1995.

Only those there could experience the nervous tension, excitment, and eventual release joy, both on and off the field of play.

Need I say more.

403735[/snapback]

Nope! I can see Shearer scoring. My wife tried to make me sit down, she thought I was going to have a heart attack! biggrin.gif

rover.gif after the game i will be selling 5 rovers badges.

in the back room off the aquduct

i have a 1975 3rd division championship badge

a very very rare junior rovers badge

a 1995 premier league champioms badge

a mcewans player with scarf

and 'arte' the mascot badge

all offers will be considered tinykit.gif

Anyone who doesn't care about this result should watch on Sky.

Calm Down Paul!!!!

The game means loads to all of us Rovers fan and as such i for one am making the trek to Ewood Park tommorrow night, taking the day off sixth form, spending the money on my train journeys, hotel and it were me who said the

but as 1864roverite said 'who cares' because if Notlob lose to the mighty potatoes we will all but have 6th place.....

lol

Looking forward to a good game! I wish Sky weren't showing the match as we might have got more people from out of the pub and into the stadium.

Crespo will too despite all the unrest stories you read, mainly re-hashes of one interview given over a year ago. The man's just won the league for the first time in his career (unbelievable I know!),

Crespo won the Italian league at Lazio, didnt he?

Edited by frosty

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it, but apparently Mourinho will help Sven out by rapping Terry, Cole and Lampard in cotton wool for the rest of the season. So I presume this means that they won't be playing tomorrow night, especially Terry who's injured. Not that this will make much difference to the team, because they'll just play Huth, Maniche and Robben instead! There's a nice problem to have.

Rovers need to win this game, because they don't want to leave it to the last day to secure European football. We are at home, where we have been playing well and hopefully Chelsea have a hang over for this game, which we take full advantage of.

Rovers: 2 - Bellamy & Pongolle

Chelsea:1 - Crespo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.