BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Newcastle aren't in it anymore. It is just between Bolton and us.

403794[/snapback]

That is blatantly not true.

If Rovers had Boltons' two home games, we would be expecting us to get four points, though everyone else would be expecting us to get six.

Newcastle are as in it as Bolton are, but I think we should comfortably get 6th.

I think we can be certain to see SWP start on Tuesday night which means MGP will have to be lively doubling up to cover Micky Gray.

I'm in two minds over the Nelsen injury. I wouldn't be that surprised if Sparky is playing games and Nelsen turns out tomorrow night. On the other hand, the Neil/Zura combination at the centre ought to be able to look after itself and Reid/Bentley down the right could be a promising combination.

I'd like to see Gally on the bench for this one.

I think a largely reserve Chelsea starting XI could well be more of a problem for us than the team that turned the Mancs over so easily at Stamford Bridge. It would also mean a win for the Rovers would be devalued and instantly dismissed by the press.

I think we can be certain to see SWP start on Tuesday night which means MGP will have to be lively doubling up to cover Micky Gray.

I'm in two minds over the Nelsen injury. I wouldn't be that surprised if Sparky is playing games and Nelsen turns out tomorrow night. On the other hand, the Neil/Zura combination at the centre ought to be able to look after itself and Reid/Bentley down the right could be a promising combination.

I'd like to see Gally on the bench for this one.

I think a largely reserve Chelsea starting XI could well be more of a problem for us than the team that turned the Mancs over so easily at Stamford Bridge. It would also mean a win for the Rovers would be devalued and instantly dismissed by the press.

403854[/snapback]

Count agree more with each point you make pal. I'd like to see how Gally pairs up with Bellamy. IMO their link up play could be awesome.

Also, i couldnt care how much the media devalue or dismiss any rovers victory. Chelsea could play their under 12 team, all that matters is us getting three points.

Edited by HertsRover

Good read P

With Nelsen out, what can we do?

(a Let Amo, Axe, Kuqi say bye with a goal each

Brad

Neill Amo Zura Gray

Axe

Reid Tugay Savage

Kuqi Bellers

(b Kept the same but remove MGP as he is tried, bless

Brad

Reid Neill Zura Gray

Bentley Tugay Savage Peter

Flick Bellers

(c If you play seconds so do we!

Brad

Neill Amo Zura Gray

Emerton Axe Savage Bentley

Kuqi Dicko

Any ideas what the Chelsea team will be?

With no Terry, Drogba, Makelelelelelelele and Essien. we have a decent chance but the players coming in will be fighting for their places so it could backfire.

Equally the loss of nelsen is massive for us but it seems like lucas will play CB.

I would love to see gally given a run out today. We have a very good chance to beat them but we have to play aswell as we did on saturday and take any chances we get! rover.gif

Pleasure seems to think he is friends with SWP. I have no reason to doubt him as it seems a pretty random player with no connections to Rovers at all. Although I sure I remember you saying he was set to join Rovers on loan?!

And even if you are friends with SWP, Im sure he's delighted with you telling an internet messageboard whats going on in his career(refering to the posts you made a while back on him)

403673[/snapback]

my relationship with SWP came about as follows- my bro played in the same youth sides as BWP and i used to watch him from the comfort of joe royle's office/ keegan's, with... SWP. he was 16/ 17 @ the time and a CF. he's a down to earth guy with no pretentions... unlike his younger brother, comes from SWP's background (which i wont go into on here).

i've quite a lot of connections to current city side,- spk to weaver, willow, croft, ireland, richards, jordan or regular basis.

didnt say he was poised to join, said "he would if chelski accepted". he reckons ballack's arrival with limit his chances further (although robben will leave in the summer wink.gif he still would join us, although city have already enquired about his availablity for next season. watch this space.

believe me or not...

With no Terry, Drogba, Makelelelelelelele and Essien. we have a decent chance but the players coming in will be fighting for their places so it could backfire.

Equally the loss of nelsen is massive for us but it seems like lucas will play CB.

I would love to see gally given a run out today. We have a very good chance to beat them but we have to play aswell as we did on saturday and take any chances we get!  rover.gif

404026[/snapback]

late fitness test on the admiral. medical staff are hopeful he will play.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.