SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done the lads!!!!!

Great performance tonight by all the players.

Bring on EUROPE!!!

Just a note though about the coverage on Sky, its so disgracefully bias towards southern clubs its untrue. The only one who's fair was Ray Wilkins. They didnt mention once the fact that Geremi was lucky to still be on the pitch.

The ref was awful - he was poor towards Rovers all night.

Bloody brilliant. Fantastic feeling. Had a Chelsea supporting brother watch the game with me and it was pissing and moaning all the way. "Dirty Blackburn", "OMG the air touched him - that should be a penalty!", and "we don't have our full team in".

Tell you what, what a bunch of divers that Chelsea team have, especially Wright-Phillips. The air touches him and he falls over blike a bowling ball has hit him.

That was fully deserved. We dominated the game and we could have easily had a bigger margin. It was like that. A bigger margin would have done us justice. You can't say that against Chelsea everyday. Big deal if it was a weakened team. You can only beat what is put in front of you.

I was well chuffed for Savage when he got "his" goal, but it looks like Reid got his head to it. Ah well.

I just want to point out the performance of one Khizanishvili tonight. He was absolute immense and led the defence line well. He gets a 10 out of 10 in my book. Hughes has made a brilliant signing and Rangers have done the rarest of things by losing out in a deal to us.

Zura was the bright light in a team who all played well. Even the substitutes did their job, and Mokoena did not put a foot wrong. I think he has been hard done by this season by not getting enough matches after a disastrous opener to the season, and hopefully he is given the chance next season to be in the mix a lot more. Peter was just as good, really pushing Chelsea to the limit on the left. What a prospect that man is. He'll be making headlines in a couple of seasons.

What else is their to say? Europe here we come! It is well deserved and I have very positive feelings for the summer. I'm sure we will come out on top in the transfer dealings. The players surely recognise they are onto a good thing. I'm more than confident of Bellamy staying. he has no compelling reason to leave, really. Unless Chelsea come in for him, and then surely a Chelsea purchase would see Hughes with a bonanza that would surely be put to good use.

rover.gif

Well done...thought we lost a grip of the game when chelsea went with 5 in midfield...but Zura was the best player on the pitch tonight. Reid did really well too before his injury. That's the first time I've seen him look comfortable playing in defence, which says a lot about how his game has matured.

Did you see the way Hughes and the staff celebrated, they know what a job they've done turning this club around.

Bloody brilliant. Fantastic feeling. Had a Chelsea supporting brother watch the game with me and it was pissing and moaning all the way. "Dirty Blackburn", "OMG the air touched him - that should be a penalty!", and "we don't have our full team in".

Tell you what, what a bunch of divers that Chelsea team have, especially Wright-Phillips. The air touches him and he falls over blike a bowling ball has hit him.

That was fully deserved. We dominated the game and we could have easily had a bigger margin. It was like that. A bigger margin would have done us justice. You can't say that against Chelsea everyday. Big deal if it was a weakened team. You can only beat what is put in front of you.

I was well chuffed for Savage when he got "his" goal, but it looks like Reid got his head to it. Ah well.

I just want to point out the performance of one Khizanishvili tonight. He was absolute immense and led the defence line well. He gets a 10 out of 10 in my book. Hughes has made a brilliant signing and Rangers have done the rarest of things by losing out in a deal to us.

Zura was the bright light in a team who all played well. Even the substitutes did their job, and Mokoena did not put a foot wrong. I think he has been hard done by this season by not getting enough matches after a disastrous opener to the season, and hopefully he is given the chance next season to be in the mix a lot more. Peter was just as good, really pushing Chelsea to the limit on the left. What a prospect that man is. He'll be making headlines in a couple of seasons.

What else is their to say? Europe here we come! It is well deserved and I have very positive feelings for the summer. I'm sure we will come out on top in the transfer dealings. The players surely recognise they are onto a good thing. I'm more than confident of Bellamy staying. he has no compelling reason to leave, really. Unless Chelsea come in for him, and then surely a Chelsea purchase would see Hughes with a bonanza that would surely be put to good use.

rover.gif

404195[/snapback]

i think you are being a bit generous with saying that moks didnt put a foot wrong he was awful and should be good value to go in the summer, just not good enough.

This game felt and looked like VE day against t'barcodes so many years ago.

Very happy. Will bragg about being a Rovers fan to anyone who will listen and will make wearing my Rovers shirt at the World Cup even sweeter.

Very disappointing gate though. Where were you all? I've got an excuse. I live 14000 miles away. Those stay-at-homes how watched the game on their sofas should take a long hard look at themselves, and should keep their mouth's shut if we can't buy who we really need this summer.

i think you are being a bit generous with saying that moks didnt put a foot wrong he was awful and should be good value to go in the summer, just not good enough.

404201[/snapback]

Oh please! Mokoena was on for 18 minutes and he was awful?? He came on and fitted in nicely in defence, what did he do wrong in your world??

Really pleased for the whole team including Sparky. They deserve it this season! Great turn around! Really didn't expect to see us back in europe so quickly!

As for Chelski, they we're shocking at times. There passing was all over the place, granted they didn't have ALL of their first team but even so.......

Futures looking good for Rovers, just hope our important players stay in the summer and we buy a half decent striker to a have a good go at europe.

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

a good win to start with, but even better when we qualify for europe at the same time.

morten is starting to ###### me off with his apparent lack of effort when he don't have the ball.

404203[/snapback]

Blimey. How come Hughes has played him for 90 minutes in the last two (must win) games if he's so lazy as you say? And with a fit and hungry Peter at the ready as well?

I agree he has not been his usual self for some time, but to say he doent work hard is harsh.

Well done...thought we lost a grip of the game when chelsea went with 5 in midfield...but Zura was the best player on the pitch tonight. Reid did really well too before his injury. That's the first time I've seen him look comfortable playing in defence, which says a lot about how his game has matured.

Did you see the way Hughes and the staff celebrated, they know what a job they've done turning this club around.

404196[/snapback]

Reid is the most improved player in the Premiership. His distribution from right back was amazing - as were his runs down the right. Zurab was exellent, as was Neill - Tugay showed what he can do when you give him space. Nice to see Peter's little cameo - I would be worried if I were MGP - this looks the best youngster we have had for a while.

All in all star player for the season - gotta be Mark Hughes and the backroom staff - they have got the best out of some average players - and improved average players beyond recognition. Lets not forget Bellammmmmmyyy - was out for large parts of the season - where could we have ended up with him fit for the season. However - now is not the time for what might have been - time to applaud the whole club on a marvelous achievement. rover.gif

Because I am an idiot and I over slept I missed the first half so obviously what I say has to be read in that context.

I wa amazed how welll we performed as a defensive unit today, especially considering how makeshift we were. Gray particularly had a great second half (although he shuld of had a shot at the end of that run!) as did Kishi who showed great technique and, suprisingly, Nelsen levels of composure. Reid showed that if Neill does go to AC Milan (Ha!) or Spurs (more likely...) we have a more than capable deputy, although you wpuld have to wonder whether he would be wasted back there!

The midfield was a bit strange. Played some decent throughballs but id reallt get their foot on the ball too often. Really most of the damage was done by the full backs overlapping. That said Bentley looked good again (he was, like at Charlton, given a lot of space).

Up front I remain a little mystified as to why Pongo is rated so highly. While he is the best option at the moment as a partner to Bellers (although I would like to see Gallagher given a shot), like every other game I have seen him in he plays final ball that are utterly worthless, loses posession under little pressure and never troubles the keeper with shots on goal. If we could get him for very little cash it might just be worth it, but for a substantial fee we should look elsewhere.

However:

Great performance by the team generally. Next season is going to be exciting! Come on the UEFA cup!

a good win to start with, but even better when we qualify for europe at the same time.

morten is starting to ###### me off with his apparent lack of effort when he don't have the ball.

404203[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about? He was constantly tracking back and covering SWP and Cole, much more so than Bentley did on Duff on the other side. I reckon that he covers more ground in a game than any of our other midfielders bar Savage. Defensively he is excellent for a wide player.

Still I would like to see Peter get a start. His performance again today was encouraging.

ps. Oh and those giving the ref stick: he didn't give an ovious penalty against Moko and a boarderline one against Neill earlier on. And, inexplicably, he blew for time 45 seconds early.

He did, at least in the second half, a favour!

Edited by joey_big_nose

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.