BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Chelsea

woo hoo

who gives a crap about attendences

cos last night, was deffo there loss, those that saw the blackburn end in their armchairs must have been gutted

anyone got any pics, or saved it off t`telly on youtube or owt?

id love to see it

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brilliant............I've already forgotten the poor stuff we played when Tugay was out. How much better we look when he is orchestrating the midfield.

I'm particularly pleased for all the guys and gals who pay out their hard-earned cash week in, week out to support the lads. I'm sure you enjoyed the atmosphere on Tuesday night...it looked amazing on TV. I envy you!

Keep the pot boiling for the Man City game.....it would be great to finish on a real high......4-0 will do!

What a difference to have a manager who's aspirations match those of the fans.........Well done Mark Hughes and a very special mention to his support staff........I'm sure they too played a crucial role in this success. I'm off to watch a replay right now..........YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Scott, I saw the penalty appeals last night and if they had been at the other end I would have been appealing for them. The Axe had a handful of Crespo's shirt, yes he went down easily but i'm sure our players would have done the same. Lampard was caught by Zurab, he definately made contact. The Wright Phillips one was a bit more of a dive but again there definately appeared to be a little contact.

If they'd been at the other end you would have been bitching about it all week.

Got home at 12.30am, a record time of 2 hrs 20 mins...but worth all the effort ..

The atmosphere for the last 5 mins was electric..even in the Jack Walker

We're all going on a European Tour - Sept 14th first leg I believe

I cannot believe this has not been mentions biggrin.gif

"....team full of drogbas, your just a team full of drogbas...." ohmy.gif

the diving cheating chelsea scum.

Such a pity that the foreign influence had on their team as quite clearly they are a marvellous football team which jut about sums up just how far BRFC have moved on since the dark days of the past 2 years and the latter end of the Sourness regime.

Rovers achievement is magnificent, I cant wait for the Euro draw.

The atmosphere in the ground was great even if we only had 20000 and a bit more. That last 10 minutes was reminiscent of VE day.

Now on Sunday, Rovers fans have the opportunity of sending our team off for their achievements. What togetherness they showed, what spirit, what effort and oh yes, we can moan about some of the players own performances, but at the end of the day the whole team have succeeded.

Rovers into Europe. Big City club relegated, the geordie boys condemned to the intertoto, bolton and wigon put in their places, Rovers righfully established as the top team in Lancashires OLDEN boundaries.

Rovers have again taken on the big boys and have come out shining. We have a reputation of being able to mix it, being able to play football and being able to win big games.

When jose moanalot stands there in his potuguesian arrogant manner and says Blackburn DESERVE it then it has to be well received, I wonder if that prat RFW would ever come out and congratulate us in the same manner.

For me the high light of last night was the fans, the way the team battled and won their personal battles and the shear effort they put into those last 15 minutes.

I am now certain that Rovers have their wishlist, they have their exit list and those players who are leaving know why they are going.

Being a Rovers player these days is not about taking the money and running, its about earning the dosh and working as hard as one can in order to don that famous Blue and White shirt.

Roll on Sunday tinykit.giftinykit.gif

That was another brilliant result from our team last night. We have now beaten three of the top four at home. We played brilliantly in the first half and in the second, we showed commitment and character to hold off Chelsea. People will say that Chelsea had a weak team out, but that team could usually beat any team in the Premiership. I thought our defence was superb, especially as we were missing Nelsen and Neill had to fill in there. Reid had another fine game before going off, scoring another goal and making it obvious that we need to sign him to a new contract. Bellamy caused problems with his pace all night and I thought that Pongolle had a decent game, although he gave the ball away sometimes, his movement was fantastic and he and Bellamy linked up well at times.

Needless to say that I'm delighted to say that we have qualified for the Uefa Cup. It shows how Mark Hughes and all the coaching staff have turned things around here. I was glad to hear Hughes saying afterwards, how playing in the Uefa Cup can have an effect on your league performances and how he was going to make sure that didn't happen. The obvious answer to this would be buy more players, to strengthen the squad.

It was a nice touch also, to gie the Chelsea players a guard of honour onto the pitch.

Great season lads, lets finish it off with a win against Man City.

Scott, I saw the penalty appeals last night and if they had been at the other end I would have been appealing for them. The Axe had a handful of Crespo's shirt, yes he went down easily but i'm sure our players would have done the same. Lampard was caught by Zurab, he definately made contact. The Wright Phillips one was a bit more of a dive but again there definately appeared to be a little contact.

If they'd been at the other end you would have been bitching about it all week.

404342[/snapback]

I would have been appealing, but none of them were dead certain. I admit that having had three you'd expect to get one, but I never thought to myself that they were robbed. They were all some that you get sometimes and don't others.

bennett owed us one for the penalty he gave for diouf's dive last season, so he's probably repayed us now. biggrin.gif i thought both lampard and SWP (what a diver that little one is; convinced now that he screwed elliot over as well) went down way too easily, but mokoena's was almost a rugby tackle. how that wasnt given i wouldnt know, but hell i'm not complaining!

but in sum, PROUD PROUD PROUD! tears in the eyes stuff even here in singapore. hopefully we'll not capitulate in europe as we tend to... but with sparky at the helm, i'm confident we wouldnt. now lets get some small club in the first round, and we can all look forward to 5 games in the group stages. anyone knows if we're gonna be seeded (ie: easier draw)?

To be fair SWP didn't even appeal for the penalty. As for the Lampard one I thought that was there best shout. The crespo one both players had hold of each her and it always happens in the box nowadays so you're unlikely to get them.

I knew we would get something from this game!

What a season! O and Jose, Shut the **** up! geez man u've just won the title just enjoy it ph34r.gif u put out a reserve team what do u expect? you arent invincible as the champions league and FA cup has shown.

I look forward to hopefully travelling to some UEFA games with the blue and white army abroad.

This rover is certainly proud to be a rover tinykit.gif

I cannot believe this has not been mentions biggrin.gif

"....team full of drogbas, your just a team full of drogbas...." ohmy.gif

Rovers into Europe. Big City club relegated, the geordie boys condemned to the intertoto, bolton and wigon put in their places, Rovers righfully established as the top team in Lancashires OLDEN boundaries.

Rovers have again taken on the big boys and have come out shining. We have a reputation of being able to mix it, being able to play football and being able to win big games.

When jose moanalot stands there in his potuguesian arrogant manner and says Blackburn DESERVE it then it has to be well received, I wonder if that prat RFW would ever come out and congratulate us in the same manner.

Roll on Sunday tinykit.gif  tinykit.gif

404351[/snapback]

too right. you can only beat the team infront of you and it'll forever say in the recordbooks.... rovers 1 chelsea (champions) 0

rover.gif

anyone got any pics, or saved it off t`telly on youtube or owt?

id love to see it

404322[/snapback]

Scott I did fanzone last night and have the whole game on DVD. I'll try and burn you a copy and drop off at the Ewood Arms at the City match.

What a night that last night was. I wish i had got my ticket in the BBE and not in the Jack Walker stand now, cosndiering the attendence the atmosphere was f'in amazing. That win was like winning the league to me last night just because of the ramifications of it. European football, bring it on!!!

I'm a season ticket holder but cant attend this match cause I have a massive 3 hour exam on thursday and need to revise my ass off for it. Does that make me a bad fan? Some things come first you know.

404121[/snapback]

prom, youre not included- youre a STK holder and therefore have contributed.

as for flopsy,- i would do the 3 hr trip (already attend most away games, inc. all midweek ones).

Without criticising him overall MGP was quite awful on the night. He clearly needs a rest

Peter on the other hand put in a stunning cameo.

404263[/snapback]

Firstly (and I don't really want to criticise anyone after a great season for Rovers) MGP needs more a rocket up his jacksy rather than a rest!!

Secondly, I am glad you mentioned him Rev because I thought his performance, although only a few minutes long, showed that the lad has quality and so much self belief. I will be very surprised if he doesn't feature more next season.

Reid it and weep Jose!

Daily Mirror.

"Chelsea boss Mourinho - who called Rovers a "pub team" after a bruising encounter at Ewood Park last season - later grumbled about the nature of the victory, complaining that his side should have been awarded at least three penalties.

As usual his mean-spirited message was wide of the mark."

special mention to Mickey Gray last night. Who looked 2yards quicker than he has in recent weeks. Deserves a new 1 year deal IMO.

Also thought Mokoena done very well when he came on. Done very well against one of the best left wingers in the league. Yes he could have given a pen away, but so could have Zurab and Neill.

Reading this thread...1864 got the mood and optimism in lancashire exactly right.

Evening Telegraph for today reports Mark Hughes as ready to shake hands on a new agreement.His back-room staff and Hughesy's will to win are the fantastic added value he brings.

A bit hoarse this afternoon.Expecting a lot from the extra 10,000 fans on Sunday cos the 17,000 Roverites last night had to do the work of 2 fans each.We could not hear you in the pubs and armchairs unfortunately!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.