BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Brett Emerton Leave Ewood In The Summer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is behind both Reid and Bentley in the team. He is not considered a decent option for the bench. And a new right winger is a possible purcahase in the summer too.

Not looking too good for him! I would be instructing my agent to look at options if i were him.

And from Hughes pespective Brett has to be the most saleable player at the club, mainly because he is the only surplus player who we might actually get some money for (Amo, Gresko, Matteo have no future at the club, but who in their right mind would pay anything for them?).

Wouldn't say he's definitely leaving just because he hasn't featured the last few games, but I agree - he's surplus with the form he's showed. Having Peter on the bench instead is a sign, but the last four places is obviously destined for other positions - a defender (Mokoena) and two strikers (with Gally, Dickov and Kuqi) plus the goalkeeper.

If we can get £2m for him, I'd be very pleased, even if he has all the physical attributes.

I'd agree with that Philip, if Emerton was on squad player wages. However, he arrived with a great fanfare and supposedly a host of top clubs chasing his signature and he'd just been included in UEFA's team of the season.

He must be a very high earner and it would be a waste of resources when you can have someone a lot cheaper to warm the bench and come on for 15 minutes at the end of games.

Problem is, such has been Emerton's fall from grace, I can't see anyone in England wanting him on the wages he'll demand.

Edited by rover6

We need a large squad for Europe next season and maybe keeping him would be a good thing. But then again if an offer of 2million plus came in IMO we would be stupid not to accept as Sparky needs all the money he can get to buy a left back, midfielder and a striker.

We need a large squad for Europe next season and maybe keeping him would be a good thing. But then again if an offer of 2million plus came in IMO we would be stupid not to accept as Sparky needs all the money he can get to buy a left back, midfielder and a striker.

404329[/snapback]

lol.

Two things that cannot be coached. Ability and desire. He's got plenty of ability but no fire in his belly, and one without the other is useless.

I think he will be on too much bunce to remain a bit part player.

Just like Bothroyd Emerton has disappointed me greatly because he does sometimes show the quality that he is capable of but it's nowhere near enough overall. Replace him.

I think you will find he is injured as when we visited brockhall the other day he was limping quite badly

404353[/snapback]

Are you sure he was injured 1864, seems like normal to me? tongue.gif

As I have said for the past 2 n half seasons - YES get rid.

yeah i'd let him go:

he's got to be on fairly high wages

he could have a decent world cup which would make him more saleable

we have plenty of cover on the right (reido, bentley)

he blows hot and cold all the time

tinykit.gif sounds like a good move to me. could also help fund a decent striker to help bellers.

No. I think he's looked very good at times this season and I still think that he could come up with the goods. I just don't think we'll get enough money for him to make it worth while given the size of squad we have anyway.

On the whole I think he should go, we have ample cover at both right back and right midfield and he hasn't shown anything on the pitch to suggest he's worth keeping.

In saying that we are going to need a much bigger squad next season and he will get more opportunities, and he isn't the most saleable asset unless he has a good World Cup (only has 12 months left if I recall correctly). Wouldn't be surprised either way.

I have always been an emerton fan, his stats are always the best from any rovers player. He may not always look the most confident but he most definately has a role to play for us.

With reidy looking more and more a CM with real venom. That leaves Bentley and Emerton for the right spot and i am yet to be convinced by Bentley. He is good at the AM role but as RM he doesn't give us the ability to cross that Brett does.

Out of all our options i prefer Lucas as the RM but he is so valuable in defence we can't afford to move him further forward.

No. I think he's looked very good at times this season and I still think that he could come up with the goods. I just don't think we'll get enough money for him to make it worth while given the size of squad we have anyway.

404373[/snapback]

'Dream on dreamer' Jeepers Eddie - so you are happy for the 'non footballer' to amble through another 3 seasons picking up wages for doing next to nothing? blink.gif

Some people really are blind to what is so apparently obvious - he has been given ample opportunity and has failed miserably - which is no surprise to me considering what I saw in his first season never mind since.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.