BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Should Brett Emerton Leave Ewood In The Summer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has done really well this season and should be delighted with his performances. Now come the 2 buts....

He has to be careful with playing the other side onside, as he did against City-really early on he did that again last night.

Late on he showed why he is more dangerous as a full back-when he can run into space and is not as closely marked as when he is playing in midfield-when he struggled to get over a couple of crosses.

Apart from these things, he has done really well.

Emerton is starting to make up for lost time. He arrived in England with grand ideas about playing in midfield - something he was evidently never made out for. Remember when he first arrived, he was playing with almost a free role (the Genc game away sticks in the mind) and whilst he looked alright, he messed up the balance of the team.

At RB, he has more time on the ball, and not being a player with high game intelligence (that's a Benitezism btw) that suits him much better than right midfield. You need a certain amount of vision and intuition to play right mid and Emo hasn't got enough of that.

suggest everyone re-reads this thread from the beginning & it might stop some of the hysterical reactions we often see on here.

I'd hardly describe thinking he is rubbish after three woeful seasons of performances as being "hysteria". There is plenty of knee-jerk reaction on here but Brett is only now beginning to show the form we expected when we bough him...in 2003!

I'd hardly describe thinking he is rubbish after three woeful seasons of performances as being "hysteria". There is plenty of knee-jerk reaction on here but Brett is only now beginning to show the form we expected when we bough him...in 2003!

I also wouldn't call it 3 woeful seasons. I think it's more to do with people expecting him to be chritiano ronaldo beating his man everytime. Fact is, he ended up as our leading goal assister in each season.

He was overhyped when he came, which led people to believe he was a different type of player than he actually is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.