BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to thank 1864roverite for posting what he did earlier and causing myself and the football club to get numerous phone calls about it.

:(

Salzburg have building work at their stadium as they improve it before Euro 2008, they currently have an 18000 capacity and sellout every week so I've been told.

Expect a ticket allocation of 700

And as I've wrote on the official site:

Club officials are in the process of putting together an away travel package at this time, if any fans would to find out more details when it is finalised then email Barbara Magee at bmagee@rover-mail.co.uk or for our executive travel package please contact Donna Middleton at dmiddleton@rover-mail.co.uk or call on 01254 690909.

Edited by Lee

I'd just like to thank 1864roverite for posting what he did earlier and causing myself and the football club to get numerous phone calls about it.

Yeah it was really hilarious......pretty much what we've come to expect

I don't speak a word of German, but their forum is pretty amusing stuff. 'McDonalds mit walk-through' indeed.

blackburn rovers ist sicherlich ein cooles los. gegen die zu gewinnen ist nicht unmöglich, aber trotzdem sehr sehr schwierig.

die stadt selber ist nix besondres. so eine typische englische, graue und verregnete industriestadt. die bevölkerung ist im nordwesten englands eher arm (im vergleich zum süden), der slang ist fast so arg wie in schottland, und es herrscht dort ein irrsinnig hoher ausländeranteil. hauptsächlich inder und pakistanis. -> die besten kebabs der welt gibts in blackburn.

das stadion liegt eher am stadtrand, aber rundherum sind direkt die reihenhäuser der wohngebiete. gleich gegenüber vom ewood park gibts einen mcdonalds (mit walk-through!). das stadion selber ist zu 3/4 neu und modern. der riverside stand ist noch eine typische alte englische tribüne, mit stehern, die das satteldach tragen, und die sicht verstellen...

wird sicher ein heißer tanz dort!

Salzburg forum discussion about Rovers

I dont speak a word of whatever-it-is-they-are-speaking, but I think they might be having a bit of a laugh at our first two Prem results.

Accyrover

blackburn rovers ist sicherlich ein cooles los. gegen die zu gewinnen ist nicht unmöglich, aber trotzdem sehr sehr schwierig.

die stadt selber ist nix besondres. so eine typische englische, graue und verregnete industriestadt. die bevölkerung ist im nordwesten englands eher arm (im vergleich zum süden), der slang ist fast so arg wie in schottland, und es herrscht dort ein irrsinnig hoher ausländeranteil. hauptsächlich inder und pakistanis. -> die besten kebabs der welt gibts in blackburn.

das stadion liegt eher am stadtrand, aber rundherum sind direkt die reihenhäuser der wohngebiete. gleich gegenüber vom ewood park gibts einen mcdonalds (mit walk-through!). das stadion selber ist zu 3/4 neu und modern. der riverside stand ist noch eine typische alte englische tribüne, mit stehern, die das satteldach tragen, und die sicht verstellen...

wird sicher ein heißer tanz dort!

My wife teaches german and she has told me the gist of this. Basically they say that Rovers is quite a good draw for them. They reckon winning is possible but will be very difficult. They say the town of blackburn is nothing special (cheeky sods!) They say its a typical english industrial town which is grey and rainy. The population in the north of england is poor compared to the southand the accent is almost as strong as scottish. It says the population is full of an ever increasing number of foreigners, particularly indians and pakistanis but you can get the best kebebs there. The stadium is on the outskirts of the town and is surrounded by terraced houses, opposite the ground is a mcdonalds (with drive through!) The stadium is 3/4 new and modern with the riverside still being the typical old english traditional cowshed. It says it def be a good party there!

So some good and some bad eh?!

I really fancy going to this.

I'm not sure whether to wait for the official package to be confirmed.

Anybody travelled with the official travel before - is it worth while? I imagine it is going to be a little more expensive.

Definitely need to go - just need to sort it out.

Anybody yet to book and need a travel buddy? ;)

I really fancy going to this.

I'm not sure whether to wait for the official package to be confirmed.

Anybody travelled with the official travel before - is it worth while? I imagine it is going to be a little more expensive.

Definitely need to go - just need to sort it out.

Anybody yet to book and need a travel buddy? ;)

I travelled with the club many moons ago and it was ok for convenience, you flew the day before but returned straight after the game which was a nightmare. You can bet it'll be expensive also.

I've just been told Ryan air from Stanstead to linz (1hour by train from salz) is £65 return if anyones interested.

If I do end up finding the finances I might end up being alone if the others decide it is too expensive. I'll let everyone know. Also might depend on if I am able to even get a ticket.

I travelled with the club many moons ago and it was ok for convenience, you flew the day before but returned straight after the game which was a nightmare. You can bet it'll be expensive also.

I've just been told Ryan air from Stanstead to linz (1hour by train from salz) is £65 return if anyones interested.

How much would the train be? I'm thinking of either that or Graz.

Are the club obliged to put some tickets on sale that are not part of their travel package?

Is Lee suggesting above that Barbara Magee might dish out the 700 available to Rovers fans exclusively as part of an inclusive deal?

Answer to both questions is probably no.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.