BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

We've booked in here

hotel Belmondo

£60 a night and in the area we stayed last time which is close to the station and old town

Pub - Almost Sorted

We went in O'Mally's last time. By the river just on the edge of the old town (but it was very busy)

(Debs not Gav)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldnt be rocket science to assume that those on an official trip would get priority tbqh. Hope theres a few left afterwards, as i'd rather put pins in my eyes than travel with the flask and travel rug brigade.

You can thank you support a decent club then as more high profile clubs have been known to say "its us or nothing" on trips like this.

Obviously the club will always advise fans that they are better off going on the official trip, but certainly with a nice place like Austria it is never going to be mandatory.

We've booked in here

hotel Belmondo

£60 a night and in the area we stayed last time which is close to the station and old town

We went in O'Mally's last time. By the river just on the edge of the old town (but it was very busy)

(Debs not Gav)

It's the guys from O'Mallys and Shamrock I'm waiting to hear from (two pubs, same idea, same owners)

I shall be picking up a passport application form tomorrow for hopefully group phase games.

May get permission from the bank manager for 1 little trip....

- anyone who I know from the BBE bar please dont mention to the missus :o;)

Looks nice and tidy, we should create a good atmosphere. Wonder how many will travel? 500 shouldn't be too much to ask.

the pictures from the ground are from the year 2003 when SV Austria Salzburg was playing there. Red Bull turned - after killing the club SV Austria Salzburg - the football stadium in the year 2005 into something like a "disco" - laser lights + techno music during the game, red bull graffiti on the walls, the atmosphere is like watching a beach volleyball game :(

article in WSC: http://www.violett-weiss.at/img/wsc.jpg

I hope you'll win against the 'mad cow disease'!!!

FC Red Bull - SHAME OF FOOTBALL!!

Is everybody else going just for the game? If we go, we would spend a day or two in the area and then travel home the day after the match.

Think you'll find most people are going Wednesday and coming home Friday, we're Tuesday to Friday.

Lee, will away season ticket holders be automatically sent a ticket for the game?

Flight sorted courtesy of Percy/Scotty. Looking forward to it.

Martin...if you are struggling to travel with someone then you will be fine on your own in the City. Meet up with us lot if you want. I hope you like a drink these days!!

Salzburg - Clubs Pubs and Restaurents

Edited by Jordan

You can thank you support a decent club then as more high profile clubs have been known to say "its us or nothing" on trips like this.

As I remember it, Rovers tried that for the Lyon game but had to back down in the end due to lack of interest in the official trip. There isn't usually much interest in the official trips. Usually they're extremely overpriced and have a very badly thought through itinery.

(debs not gav, can't be bothered logging out and back in again)

B)-->

QUOTE(ste b @ Aug 25 2006, 19:40 ) 439107[/snapback]

It wouldnt be rocket science to assume that those on an official trip would get priority tbqh. Hope theres a few left afterwards, as i'd rather put pins in my eyes than travel with the flask and travel rug brigade.

not if the flasks have alcohol in them

like we did last saturday :rover:

slater tours will hopefully be departing from manchester on wednesday

altho slater tours does have abackup for thursday set off

all at a reasonable slater tour price :D

Booked.

Date Flight No. From Departs To Arrives

13/09/2006 TOM 5283 Coventry 12:00 Salzburg 15:20

15/09/2006 TOM 5284 Salzburg 16:45 Coventry 18:05

There must be one hell of a wind blowing permanently East to West! :lol:

I'd just like to thank 1864roverite for posting what he did earlier and causing myself and the football club to get numerous phone calls about it.

:(

Salzburg have building work at their stadium as they improve it before Euro 2008, they currently have an 18000 capacity and sellout every week so I've been told.

Expect a ticket allocation of 700

And as I've wrote on the official site:

Club officials are in the process of putting together an away travel package at this time, if any fans would to find out more details when it is finalised then email Barbara Magee at bmagee@rover-mail.co.uk or for our executive travel package please contact Donna Middleton at dmiddleton@rover-mail.co.uk or call on 01254 690909.

Yeah it was really hilarious......pretty much what we've come to expect

I did apologise and it was only a jest for those who rapidly booked their cheap seats before full confirmation fo the match dates !

Paul dont be too down about it as you used to upset a few on the buses as well !

As I've never followed the Rovers away in Europe (excluding Manx cup games and Celtic ( thanks Gav/Debs/GiddyG)) I'm pretty detemined to get to Salzburg ( been to the city before from Kitzbuhel, not overly impressed as far as potential Euro destinations are concerned).

Looking forward to seeing what BRFC have to offer ( are PA Travel no longer arranging things?)....

What time does the game in Salzburg kick off (Austrian time)????

How far is the Stadium from the airport? And does anyone know if you can get easy transportation from the airport to near the stadium???

Looks like trains run every 15 minutes or so from the airport to the main station and take approximatly 21 Minutes

I've been thinking about this and I reckon I'm just gonna go to the match and worry about the cost later, the only thing I'm worried about is booking it all and not getting a ticket, what do people think are the chances of us non-season ticket holders actually getting one?

Red Bull Salzburg are a pretty decent team. Talked to my Austrian journalist friend and he told me that no Austrian team has ever knocked out and English team in Europe.

Theyre managed by Trapatonni. Had a multi-millionaire owner (Red Bull). They have Niko Kovac (Croatias national team captain although now 35), Alex Zickler (Ex-Bayern striker), the new Oli Kahn, a monster in goal called Oofs I think it was. They rate him highly and say that he is the future Kahn.

Finally, and possibly the most exciting player they have is Johan Vonlanthen of Switzerland who is one of Europes most highly rated young strikers, and the youngest ever goal scorer at the Euro Championsships.

He thinks Blackburn should beat them, but dont forget they gave Valencia a run for their money in the Champs League qualifiers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.