BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Booked flights and accomodation today. £60 return from stansted to linz. Linz is bout 50 miles east of salzburg on main train route. 7 of us going fly out tuesday come bak saturday. Cheapest could get. First night in Linz. Booked remaining nights in hostel in centre of Salzburg. About 11quid each per night. Few hostels on hostelworld.com if anyone doing it on cheap but check location coz some of em are in midddle of nowhere. Bit concerned if we only get 700 tickets tho! seems to be lot of interest in going to this one.

Booked flights and accomodation today. £60 return from stansted to linz. Linz is bout 50 miles east of salzburg on main train route. 7 of us going fly out tuesday come bak saturday. Cheapest could get. First night in Linz. Booked remaining nights in hostel in centre of Salzburg. About 11quid each per night. Few hostels on hostelworld.com if anyone doing it on cheap but check location coz some of em are in midddle of nowhere. Bit concerned if we only get 700 tickets tho! seems to be lot of interest in going to this one.

Using which airline, website etc.?

I seem to cant find anything cheap whatsoever!

Using which airline, website etc.?

I seem to cant find anything cheap whatsoever!

Its ryanair and booked em via ryanair website. We are flyin out tuesday n returning saturday coz that was cheapest by a long way. Tuesday flight out was a quid but add taxes came to 18quid. Booked accomodation with www.hostelworld.com. Thats straight forward coz you only have to pay a 10 percent deposit now n pay rest on arrival. Every weekend away in europe i been on always booked via hostel world and the hostel has always been safe, clean, well looked after etc so i recommend it. personally cant see point payin 50 quid a night for a basic hotel when u can get more or less same for a lot cheaper price at a hostel.

That will probably be ryanair. How much is the train from linz to salzburg?

think it a bout 19 euros one way so 12 quid. dunno bout return. Its a main train route so trains are frequent and it takes hour n 15 min

Edited by david brent

no-one seems to have posted anything about the likelihood of actually being able to get tickets to the game, it's all well and good plenty of us being there but if we cant actually watch the game we might as well save our money for the group stage!

no-one seems to have posted anything about the likelihood of actually being able to get tickets to the game, it's all well and good plenty of us being there but if we cant actually watch the game we might as well save our money for the group stage!

I think it will (and should be) away season ticket holders and then season ticket holders first.

if there is any left then general sale.

cant wait for this one! :brfc:

What time does the game in Salzburg kick off (Austrian time)????

How far is the Stadium from the airport? And does anyone know if you can get easy transportation from the airport to near the stadium???

Kick off time is not known by know. Maybe in the next days.

From the airport there are 2 options to get to the stadium:

1. Bus:

IPB Image

2. Shuttlebus from "Airportcenter" to "EM-Stadion".

I think you've got to take this game in perspective really, flights are not exactly cheap in the main but its an easier trip than say Sofia or Ankara. I'd say 300 tops attended each of those two away fixtures possibly less than that. In my opinion I'd say we'd just about manage to sell 700 tickets for this one, most people I've spoken to are interested in going, a Little like our trip to Lyon many moons ago. I think everyone who fancies going will be able to get a ticket and also I've been with numerous people around Europe watch Rovers and England, many without tickets who have always got in the ground regardless of stadium size.

I'd go regardless of having a ticket or not, Europe away with your club side is such a fanatastic experience and you never know, it could be our last.

I think i'm going to have to wait for the group stages, i'm moving to my university accomdation that week and have enough to lay-out without a trip to austria as much as i'd love to. Home legs a certainty for me to go to but as for away European nights, i will just have to hope that the lads do the business.

anyone considering driving from Belgium ?

Hull to Zeebruuge ferry then a decent drive through the countryside ?

I am up for it from sunny Leyland, Den you fancy that ?

Was talking to a bloke who drove last year and it took him 3 days to get to Salzburg with a caravan on the back. He said it was a long treck and he'd not even consider it this time around.

It would seem, with FunMax's help, we're making steps towards organising a fans game as we did in Ankara. If you're intrested in get involved IN THE AWAY GAME, then let me know.

We can sort out any home leg nearer the time.

From reading their boards, it would seem they thought they'd got an easy one until they watched Rovers vs Chelsea yesterday and now they seem a bit worried.

Both teams like to play physical football and whilst we play the game much quicker they have they advantage of playing on a plastic pitch much more than we do.

Out of interest, who is posting on their board as "THE ROVER FC" ? (I;m guessing it's a poster here as they've plugged this site).

It would seem, with FunMax's help, we're making steps towards organising a fans game as we did in Ankara. If you're intrested in get involved IN THE AWAY GAME, then let me know.

We can sort out any home leg nearer the time.

count me in

Reading their review in the programme yesterday really got me thinking how tough a draw we have actually got. They are coached by Trapattoni and Mathaus and have Vonalthen (sp) who is the European Championships youngest ever scorer.

A Salzburg Card may be an idea.

EUR 34 for 3 days covers public transport and either free or discounted entry to the touristy stuff.

Been told the Salt Mines are worth a visit. Mark Hughes may even have the players working in there if they don't perform on the night.

Wish I'd checked the Linz flights, as ended up with the expensive left over Stansted flights to Salzburg. Even considered Munich, which could have got to for about £110 return from my local 'City Airport', but thought on top of the 2 hour train journey from their central station to Salzburg, may have taken a while with connections to and from the airport.

all booked up, cant wait! coach from bham to stansted leaves at 6.30 :angry: arrives at stansted about 11, go stansted to linz around 1.25, then when we arrive train to salzburg, then return on saturday about 5.30.

damn didnt realise i could have gone from cov!

i know of about 15 people going who we will be meeting up with, we should all meet up in certain pub for some singin practice like someone mentioned!

edit: we are stayin in a hostel, didnt wanna fork out loads on a hotel, think this place is like 12 quid a night or sumat, just had to pay a deposit and pay up on arrival.

http://reservations.bookhostels.com/europe...bfue9roc4fu9f4e

Edited by j_finaz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.