Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:

a) What round do we enter in?

cool.gif When is the draw for this round?

c) What are the dates (if decided) of the first / second legs of the match?

d) Who are the potential opponents from other leagues? Also - are we seeded to avoid (eg) a big spanish team in the 1st round?

Edited by OJRovers

IMPORTANT QUESTIONS:

a) What round do we enter in?

cool.gif When is the draw for this round?

c) What are the dates (if decided) of the first / second legs of the match?

d) Who are the potential opponents from other leagues? Also - are we seeded to avoid (eg) a big spanish team in the 1st round?

404441[/snapback]

another one to add to the list:

e) WHERE IS THE FINAL BEING HELD?

also, I want to get through to the group stages before we go to some big teams countries.

............Rovers v ....Armenia Fc (or whatever an Armenian clubs called) please......... biggrin.gif

Edited by greggyk

Prague would be good - cheap beer!!

Otherwise to start with id prefer either a team from France, Portugal, Italy, Spain or Germany.

404458[/snapback]

Id agree with that...although Scandanavia would be good also! So long as it isnt to the far reaches of eastern Europe like the last two times!

Format of UEFA cup explained.

Still not sure what round we would enter.

404449[/snapback]

and the full .pdf of the rules are here: Click ME!

I'll be perusing them soon to try and ferret out some details.....

edit: these are the 2005/2006 rules, and MAY not be valid for 2006/2007, annex 1A says we'd enter first round, but AFTER the qualifiying rounds, which means any team is in play, even teams losing in the CL.

We'll get one home and away, and then when we move on, there'll be a group round, groups of 5 teams, top 3 advance.

Ithe "draw" appears to be seeded, by a formula in Secion IV 6.03 of the .pdf. But with the Defeated CL teams entering, and the Qualifying round to be played, I'm not sure how early that can happen.

Edited by USRoverME

From Portugal, Vitoria Setubal would be the easiest.

Plus, it's Mourinho's home town, the club where he played. So it would make it even better to beat them.

404471[/snapback]

Stayed right next to their ground for the Euro 2004 Championships - however not much there in terms on nightlife but its only 1/2 hour from Lisbon on the train (which is regular and on time) which when we where there cost about 70p one way

Stayed right next to their ground for the Euro 2004 Championships  - however not much there in terms on nightlife but its only 1/2 hour from Lisbon on the train  (which is regular and on time) which when we where there cost about 70p one way

404480[/snapback]

If you play in Setubal, staying in Lisbon is a far better option. More places to stay and visit. wink.gif

After hearing about that Liverpool fan...NO THANKS.

404482[/snapback]

Thats Liverpool - not Rovers

Bulgaria was tremendous and an experience as many will testify

Edited by CAPT KAYOS

I'd fancy a match-up with Start Kristiansand. That way we can get a good view of that Haestad kid...if he's still there, of course...or Lyn Oslo to say hello to our old friend Henning...

Plus, Bet24 would love either of those match-ups

I'd absolutely love it if Rovers came to Gothenburg to play IFK. My two favourite teams in the world, both playing in blue and white (Well not in that specific game ofcourse). Could perhaps also open Hughes eyes to a couple of good youngsters at the club, such as Oscar Wendt, Karl Svensson, Marcus Berg and Pontus Wernbloom.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.