BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

There's no way our game will be on TV. Why would any TV channel waste money on live rights for Rovers - to try and compete for the (limited midweek) football watching audience against Newc / Spurs / West Ham?

If they all get eliminated and we don't then someone might take an interest in our games in the group stage. Boro managed to get on the box a bit last season.

But lets be realistic - when you've had Tues and Weds watching the Champs League, there isn't much demand to watch second rate matches on a Thursday involving unpopular teams.

There is in my house! :tu:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way our game will be on TV. Why would any TV channel waste money on live rights for Rovers - to try and compete for the (limited midweek) football watching audience against Newc / Spurs / West Ham?

If they all get eliminated and we don't then someone might take an interest in our games in the group stage. Boro managed to get on the box a bit last season.

But lets be realistic - when you've had Tues and Weds watching the Champs League, there isn't much demand to watch second rate matches on a Thursday involving unpopular teams.

Miserable ****

Miserable ****

What's this weeks forecast got to do with next weeks weather?!?!

It's going to p!ss it down, there are no decent bars there, you won't get tickets, if you do the view will be crap, the plastic pitch will be unplayable cos of the rain, Nelsen's injured, remember Ankara, we're always sh!t in Europe, you'll get whacked on the head with a wooden club (again).

I'm glad to be stuck in the office - I've never liked Austria anyway.

:ph34r: :rolleyes:

So its definatly not going to be shown on tv at all then?

Its a long shot but doesnt Channel 5 get UEFA cup games early on in the rounds? i'm sure that Boltons first round games were on there last year, might be mistaken though.

Channel 5 are showing two games, Newcastle and Spurs.

Debs went down at 7.45am and had around 25 other people in front of her, first guy arrived at 5am! Many seemed to be buying several tickets for friends and family. She left at around 9.20am and said at least 50 people were still in the queue. I think you'd have to assume that all the tickets will easily be snapped up so don't put things off for to long if you fancy going.

I was at Ewood around 1100 buying Boro tickets. There was one person in the queue ahead of me, and he wasn't getting European tickets either.

Either they've sold old already or there was just a surge first thing.

So its definatly not going to be shown on tv at all then?

Its a long shot but doesnt Channel 5 get UEFA cup games early on in the rounds? i'm sure that Boltons first round games were on there last year, might be mistaken though.

Channel 5 are showing two games, Newcastle and Spurs.

West Ham on ITV4

Rangers on BBC1 Scotland

Rovers on diddly squat

Well we were on Eurosport for our second leg against that Turkish side last time.

Also, i seem to remember sky1 (yes, sky1, not skysports1) doing a couple of Uefa Cup games last season although that may have been for the later rounds.

Bravo dont usually do Uefa Cup games so i doubt we'll be on there either

Oh well, i guess it means that it'll be a bigger gate at Ewood then.

It was just the usual early surge. Just over 200 sold.

How does the allocation work then Lee? just over 200 sold and possibly another 100-200 put aside for the travel club? so around 300 left?

Just wondering as a couple of people I know don't have season tickets and are getting rather worried :o

Flights ............. Check :rover:

Hotel ............. Check :rover:

Ticket ............. Check :rover:

Come On You Blues :brfc:

Nobody heard anything from Waggy yet??

Can't believe he would miss this one

Is your uncle going?

Giddy Goat and I saved him from a pair of security guards in the Hotel Rodina in Sofia - he was having a kip on the floor by the lift.

Ha ha I remember it well Tris, but unfortunately, no due to his wife already being booked on a holiday with the girls in Greece.

He couldn't remember anything about getting back that night and then that picture appearing on the t'internet the week after was priceless!!

Was great having 75% of travelling fans all in the same hotlel though, especially with Tugay working on the top floor of the Hotel!! :D

Is your uncle going?

Giddy Goat and I saved him from a pair of security guards in the Hotel Rodina in Sofia - he was having a kip on the floor by the lift.

You and giddy goat tried to trap his head in the lift doors, then you tried to roll him in the lift and send him up and down the down hotels 30 floors..........I SAVED HIM FROM THE SECURITY then he tried to attack me when he came round :o That's gratitude for ya!

You and giddy goat tried to trap his head in the lift doors, then you tried to roll him in the lift and send him up and down the down hotels 30 floors..........I SAVED HIM FROM THE SECURITY then he tried to attack me when he came round :o That's gratitude for ya!

So the truth comes out!!! He did remember the security and someone rescuing him - they were some drunken nights on a great trip though!

I have only just remembered the dancing bear outside the hotel too! :rover:

And all we wanted was more beer!!!

Was it???

As a naive 18 year old I could not believe my luck.

Hopefully Austria will be just as good.

Glenn, have you had a reponse from the pub yet. Sorry could not be bothered scrawling back through pages.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.