BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

Well folks enough of this lets all hold hands and share a packed lunch nonsense,lets get down to the real issue here.....are we going to do ourselves justice or are we going to be left looking like the European stiffs of years gone by?

Rovers Low on confidence,Salzburg on a high and a plastic pitch to boot...........OH FFS!!!!!!!! :(

Salzburg 2 Rovers 1

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is hanging around after the match, and happens to be in Munich on Saturday (and fancy a half-time stein, especially if Rovers are in front)....

When will Oktoberfest 2006 take place?

On Saturday, September 16th, the Schottenhamel tent is the place to be, if you want to catch the official opening ceremonies. At noontime, 12pm, the lord mayor of Munich will have the honor of tapping the first keg of Oktoberfest beer. Once the barrel has been tapped, all visitors will then be allowed to quench their thirst. It pays to arrive early in order to experience the festivities up close and personal and it’s quite common for visitors to come around 9am to secure good seats. The festival will last until October 3, 2006.

What are the opening hours?

Beer Serving Hours

Weekdays: 10am - 10:30pm

Saturdays, Sundays and holidays: 9am - 10:30pm

Daily Tent Closing Time: 11:30pm

The "Käfer Wiesn-Schänke" and the "Weinzelt" are open until 1am. Last call for alcohol: 12:15am.

traveling as a Billy no mates from Dubai and looking to catch up with the Rovers fans along the way . Land in Munich at 0630 on Thursday and then traveling down by train, would welcome a freindly face for the journey. Where are most of the crowd going before the game? If anyone can get in touch my mobile will be able to take texts but not calls

+971 505756645

Cheers

Jacko

By paying Sky an astronomical amount of money to carry Rovers TV for a few hours, flogging the rights of the match to Rovers TV (which I presume is a seperate company - so could be a useful "tax dodge")

Come on Tris, you know how easy that would be to do. :o

Thanks for that (And you too Tris), but you seem to be talking pure arse. I won't even begin to point out why what you said simply isn't the case. But I will point out that there are various sky channels that are quite capable of filming the game themselves. And we would certainly get something called 'money' from this process. Even if it was just a few grand, I see no reason not to. Thanks for taking my words ('putting it on the telly') out of context too, when it was clear within the context that I was referring to offerring it cheaply. And on top of all that, thanks for being a condescending tool ;)

Furious that it's not on telly. There's no chance of my debt-ridden ass going to Austria for this one, so it appears that I won't get to see it live. Even bloody Derry are on the tube (Twice...spurs are on two channels too). Can't we just flog the rights cheaply to some naff station? I mean, it's not like the club really get money from our away support in Austria, right? So they could at least help all the fans who can't pull off a trip like that by putting it on the telly.

Thanks for that (And you too Tris), but you seem to be talking pure arse. I won't even begin to point out why what you said simply isn't the case. But I will point out that there are various sky channels that are quite capable of filming the game themselves. And we would certainly get something called 'money' from this process. Even if it was just a few grand, I see no reason not to. Thanks for taking my words ('putting it on the telly') out of context too, when it was clear within the context that I was referring to offerring it cheaply. And on top of all that, thanks for being a condescending tool ;)

Before getting cocky and abusive, perhaps you would explain how Rovers can force any TV channel you care to mention to buy rights for a game which don't even belong to Rovers to sell?

:wstu::wstu::wstu::wstu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.