BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Im hoping I can go to an away game.

Not sure which one,but obviously want it to be sunny smile.gif .

404561[/snapback]

That will probably mean we'll end up with someone from Iceland.

I'd fancy an early fall sojourn into Prague, the beer is brillant.

Bulgaria has a great selection of 'spirits'. I'm still hungover!

Where the Rovers must venture, I just hope that the league form

doesn't suffer, we've had too many examples of this.

rover.gif

Edited by blue/white

that is very true blue/white, i do not want our league form to suffer to the point that Boro's has as we need to push on and try and keep the 6th place next season. If notloB can do ok in the Uefa Cup and keep a decent position in the Premiership then i am sure we can do the same.

that is very true blue/white, i do not want our league form to suffer to the point that Boro's has as we need to push on and try and keep the 6th place next season. If notloB can do ok in the Uefa Cup and keep a decent position in the Premiership then i am sure we can do the same.

404581[/snapback]

Or as Mr Negative (aka Souness) would say "Our first priority is survival".

sad.gif

Would you care to comment Mr Hughes?

biggrin.gif

404581[/snapback]

Must admit that squad size is a worry - as some players have looked visibly tired towards the end of the season.

But, in these post bosman days, and with the "Big" clubs carrying big squads with plenty of loan opportunities I am sure MH will have us covered by August.

I'm absolutely delighted that we're in Europe again.

For those of you who remember Spenny, he is also over the moon.

But in his usual pessimistic way says, " I'm not looking forward to going out on the away goals rule to a team from Estonia made up of postmen and brickies".

It's time he realised that our manager is Hughes and not Souness. Unlike Souey, Sparky yearned to qualify for Europe, rejoiced when we did and will give it his best shot.

That's good enough for me.

Roll on next (European) season. rover.gif

Wow, I love Jan's proclamations of wealth. It just ooozes classiness don't you think?

The squad size thing is a good point. We have used around x players 'happily' (a bit subjective, but i guess the definition is that, generally, we were not too uncomfortable about them starting a game) this season:

Friedel

Todd

Nelsen

Zurab

Niell

Gray

Reid

Savage

Tugay

MGP

Peter (a bit boarderline)

Bentley

Bellamy

Pongo (a bit boarderline)

So thats only really 14 players. The likes of Axe (when playing anywhere but the holding role in a 4 man midfield), Dickov, Emerton, Kuqi, Amo, Matteo, Gresko and Gallagher are all players who can fill gaps but not inspire confidence....

For Europe we need a minimum of 16 players who the manager can be confident can come in and do a good job. I think we will see a revolving door this summer!

As long as we don't get drawn against Gretna...........

404708[/snapback]

Why? I think it would be great to play Gretna.......... I was at Celtic Park a couple of years ago and the atmosphere was fantastic, the Scots were all really nice before the game and the drinks were cheap after it!!

Plus its gotta be an easy first rounder...

As long as there's a Rocco Forte or Orient Express hotel, I'll be happy wink.gif

404699[/snapback]

Wow, I love Jan's proclamations of wealth. It just ooozes classiness don't you think?

404714[/snapback]

Except this time all she's done is made herself look rather silly. Rocco Forte is the name that the Europeans use for their motorway service stations and the Orient Express is actually a train. And not a very good one at that (I seem to remember someone was murdered once).

Jan, you'd be better off just flying to wherever it is we'll be playing rather than driving or using the trains. It'll be quicker and give you more time to get roaring drunk. You can then stop in a local doss house at 2 Euros a night 'cause as we all know when you're really drunk all you actually need is a mattress and a blanket.

More top travel tips to follow soon.

Why? I think it would be great to play Gretna.......... I was at Celtic Park a couple of years ago and the atmosphere was fantastic, the Scots were all really nice before the game and the drinks were cheap after it!!

Plus its gotta be an easy first rounder...

404717[/snapback]

I was at Celtic Park too and had a good time. We sang them out of the park, until they scored! I spent 3 hours on pressing redial on the Rovers ticket office phone number before I got through (I was at work in Liverpool at the time)

The reason I'm not too keen on Gretna is because it feels like a Trelleborgs!

Rovers face expulsion from Uefa Cup.......

UEFA have confirmed they have made steps to remove Blackburn Rovers from next seasons Uefa Cup. It is believed, Lennart Johannsen, head of UEFA has met FIFA president Sepp Blatter amid concerns Blackburn weren't big enough to compete. The town team, who were nearly relegated last season have been turned around this season, under the guidance of ex Manchester United stalwart Mark Hughes. However, Uefa believe Blackburn are a small fish in a big pond, and are set to shoot them out of it.

Birmingham City's board of directors first lodged the complaint about Blackburn being too small to compete, despite being relegated themselves. The midlands side, known as ''massive club'' by many neutral fans because of their 30,000 capacity gates at St Andrews.

The club, with over a 1,000,000 population to choose from, have been praised by many at attracting such a fan base from this size of population to watch the likes of Emile Heskey, Martin Taylor and Kenny Cunningham put in dreadful performances week in, week out. Director David Sullivan, still seething at losing Robbie Savage to Blackburn is said to be delighted at Blackburns proposed expulsion from the competition.

It is thought Birmingham will appeal at their relegation to the Championship in the coming weeks, and could even apply for the soon-to-be vacant Uefa cup place. Sullivan, speaking at the launch of his new Dildo, the 'Brucey'. said ''Its about time a club as massive as ours gets recognition for having a superb fan base, an amazing team and a great manager in Steve Bruce who loves spending our money''.

More to follow.....

Sullivan, speaking at the launch of his new Dildo, the 'Brucey'. said ''Its about time a club as massive as ours gets recognition for having a superb fan base, an amazing team and a great manager in Steve Bruce who loves spending our money''.

More to follow.....

404780[/snapback]

LOL... probably not the right place, but David Gold has launched a new Birmingham City sex doll. Its massive, takes ages to go up and will go down before it gets f*****

Except this time all she's done is made herself look rather silly. Rocco Forte is the name that the Europeans use for their motorway service stations and the Orient Express is actually a train. And not a very good one at that (I seem to remember someone was murdered once).

Jan, you'd be better off just flying to wherever it is we'll be playing rather than driving or using the trains. It'll be quicker and give you more time to get roaring drunk. You can then stop in a local doss house at 2 Euros a night 'cause as we all know when you're really drunk all you actually need is a mattress and a blanket.

More top travel tips to follow soon.

404726[/snapback]

Oh dear- the ignorance is overwhelming wink.gif

My friend and I are already in the process of putting together a map of europe with the teams already qualified, overlaid with nice hotels and good places to buy shoes and handbags.

Seriously looking forward to Albania though! Grey sheets and "bring your own tins of baked beans!!!

And I don't drink alcohol!!!

Edited by Jan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.