BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

There is only one person talking arse bruce. And I'll give you a clue, it wasnt me or Tris.

HTH. ;)

Before getting cocky and abusive, perhaps you would explain how Rovers can force any TV channel you care to mention to buy rights for a game which don't even belong to Rovers to sell?

:wstu::wstu::wstu:

Now, see how polite I am!!! :lol:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before getting cocky and abusive, perhaps you would explain how Rovers can force any TV channel you care to mention to buy rights for a game which don't even belong to Rovers to sell?

:wstu::wstu::wstu::wstu:

I think your whimsical 'I'm with stupid' signs started the cockiness and abuse. And I'll tell you again, since you don't seem to have grasped it on the previous post, I wasn't saying they could 'force' any TV channel to buy the rights. I'll admit though to being previously unaware that the rights to televise the game in this country only belong to Salzburg. I'd still imagine we could have tried asking Salzburg to tout the game cheaply to British broadcasters, though they'd probably be less willing to do so since the ticket proceeds go to them.

As for you, Stu, I simply can't compete with that rapier wit. So I won't try.

Bruce has had a lot of extremely unfair stick on this thread, it surely wouldn't have been beyond the wit of Rovers to negotiate a beamback arrangement once it was clear it wasn't being shown on TV anywhere.

Then again, it might have impacted on the sale of 579 executive packages. :ph34r:

And in many ways it's not fair on those who have invested considerable time and money in time off work and travelling to the game etc.

Bruce has had a lot of extremely unfair stick on this thread, it surely wouldn't have been beyond the wit of Rovers to negotiate a beamback arrangement once it was clear it wasn't being shown on TV anywhere.

Then again, it might have impacted on the sale of 579 executive packages. :ph34r:

And in many ways it's not fair on those who have invested considerable time and money in time off work and travelling to the game etc.

Beam back a UEFA Cup game to Ewood!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if the Salzburg fans are gathering in a local watering hall like we did over there.

Haunts such as the Fox and hounds, Moorgate and white bull will be short on Red bull come the close of business tonight!

Just spoke to one of the girls who looks after the corporate side,

who said rovers had sold almost 18,000 for tomorrow night. Thats better than i expected :)

That probably includes the gratis Season Ticket holders as well whether they turn up is another matter!

Just spoke to one of the girls who looks after the corporate side,

who said rovers had sold almost 18,000 for tomorrow night. Thats better than i expected :)

But that'll include season ticket holders (what is it about 13k?) of which, 2/3rd might attend due to it being midweek. Still looks like a crowd approaching 15k might be on the cards

I've become very worried. The game is supposed to be shown on Eurosport right? I just looked at Eurosport's website and their tv planner. It shows that at 7:30pm tomorrow, they're showing Tottenham vs Slavia Prague. Incidentally that game is also being shown on ITV4. Doesn't show on eurosport 2 either.

Edit- Nevermind, just checked a little bit more and it is on British Eurosport, so it's fine.

Edited by bluebruce

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.