SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that for sure?

UEFA should come down hard, espically with what happend to Gamst Pederson last week

Pedersen only received a bit of beer on his head. That's a real crime.... :wacko:

We've had a suspension from European Football already during the late 90's and we also had to play a game without supporters last season in the Uefa Cup so we're totally f*****

Pedersen only received a bit of beer on his head. That's a real crime.... :wacko:

We've had a suspension from European Football already during the late 90's and we also had to play a game without supporters last season in the Uefa Cup so we're totally f*****

The solution is simple. Stop being violent madmen. Put them in prison and ban them from the ground.

Pedersen only received a bit of beer on his head.

It's as serious as throwing a coin or any object and something that football has worked very hard to stamp out.

You lot have screwed up big time and i can only see a hefty ban (supporters and maybe team) and a minimal fine heading your way. You were under heavy observation after last time, just thankful that our game went off without to many problems.

The solution is simple. Stop being violent madmen. Put them in prison and ban them from the ground.

It's not that simple.

Feyenoord received 1300 official tickets and sold them to good and well behaved Feyenoord supporters. However there were about 2500/3000 Feyenoord fans in France , and Nancy decided to sell a a lot more tickets to Feyenoord fans (hooligans) and those people caused the trouble. Problem is that those people are not identified by Feyenoord because it could have been you and me there and they wouldnt know...

Nancy shouldnt have sold those tickets....

Fair enough. The Nancy boys messed up then. Still, maybe the 'nice' Feyenoord fans should put pressure on the hooligans and kick them out. Not sure how that can be done though.

It cant be done by fellow Feyenoord fans.

Police in France we're pretty stupid because the good fans were sitting on the left side (1300 official ticket holders) and most of the hooligans was on the right hand side. They should have closed the right hand side of the stand. They could easily take those people's identities and send them to police in Holland.

I guess most of the hooligans are sitting in the car right now back to Holland.

If that is true SCF, Nancy broke UEFA rules and could be in hot water as well. Is there any footage of who was lobbing the tear gas? Questions will be asked if Nancy did not communicate with the UEFA officials before the police started tear gassing the crowd.

However, Feyernoord are looking at a massive fine and ban:

- history of trouble

- previous bans

- Pedersen incident to be considered

- Pre-match riot in Nancy

- events during the game.

The Nancy supporters all behaving themselves makes it even tougher for Feyernoord because there was zero provocation apart from being on the wrong end of a right thrashing on the pitch.

Why can't it be done by the fans?

It strikes me the Dutch authorities arent interested in solving the serious problems with Feyenoord and other clubs over there.

Im sorry, when this was "the english disease" we were excused from Europe for years. now it isn't and no one is interested.

The English managed to identify the idiots and ban them, surely our colleagues in Holland can to? And if they dont, they dont allow them to play.

If these rogue tickets got into the hands of dodgy Feyenoord fans, then how come all the trouble came from the same fenced in by plastic/glass area? it appeared to me from watching it this evening, that the Feyenoord fans were put in a similar confined space as Rovers fans were at De Kuip seven days earlier.

Did Rovers fans smash their way out of it? No.

Did Rovers fans throw seats on the pitch? No.

You can't surely blame Nancy for that.

Group E update

Edited by Lee

I feel sorry for decent Feyernoord fans like SCF08 but UEFA have to act. The prospect of a Feternoord v Krakow game deciding which of those two qualify sounds like a recipe for a disaster in terms of crowd problems.

Even more credit is due to the Rovers' travelling support for not getting into any trouble in either Krakow or Rotterdam.

With one round of games to go, Rovers' opponents in the round of 32 will be:

If we beat Nancy, the following are in 3rd place in the UEFA Groups-

Auxerre (Livorno or Partizan Belgrade could go 3rd)

Besiktas (Leverkusen a long shot to overtake them)

Liberec (Braga also a long shot for 3rd)

Osasuna (or Lens or Odense if someone else gets a stuffing)

Ajax (or Zulte-Waregem if Ajax beat them in the decider in Amsterdam)

Rapid Bucarest (this one is wide open as Hapoel, Mlada or PSG could come 3rd)

Fenerbahce (another day of destiny as Celta, Palermo or Frankfurt could come 3rd)

If we don't beat Nancy, the following are in 3rd place in the CL Groups-

Barcelona (Werder will drop to 3rd only if beaten by Barca in their last game)

Sporting Lisbon (Spartak Moscow a long shot to overtake them)

Bordeaux (an exceptional scoring feat needed from Galatasaray to dislodge them)

Shakhtar Donetsk (Olypiacos hanging on by a thread)

Steau Bucharest (again all but certain to prevail over Dynamo Kiev)

CSKA Moscow (will probably overtake either Porto or Arsenal and Rovers cannot be drawn against the Arsenal)

Lille (or Anderlecht or AEK)

Benfica (or possibly Man U whom we cannot play or a long shot Copenhagen)

Edited by philipl

In the champions league you are forgetting that results between the two sides takes priority over goal difference, hence Steau already 3rd and Copenhagen already out. Like i've said previously the Champions League potential opponents don't look any tougher than the 3rd place teams from the groups.

In the champions league you are forgetting that results between the two sides takes priority over goal difference, hence Steau already 3rd and Copenhagen already out. Like i've said previously the Champions League potential opponents don't look any tougher than the 3rd place teams from the groups.

I don't agree. I think we need to finish top to get the best chance to progress. Just because a team comes from Eastern Europe doesn't necessarily mean they're crap. The Nancy game has got a lot riding on it.

I feel sorry for decent Feyernoord fans like SCF08

And also the Nancy fans who only got to see 80 minutes of one of the biggest games in their history due to idiotic Feyenoord fans. As their will most likely be a fine they should use this money to re-emburse the Nancy fans for their tickets.

I don't agree. I think we need to finish top to get the best chance to progress. Just because a team comes from Eastern Europe doesn't necessarily mean they're crap. The Nancy game has got a lot riding on it.

There was a big article in the Times last week about the decline of Eastern European football and how they almost certainly won't have any teams in the next stage of Champions League. Aside from CSKA Moscow who have a wealthy backer the Russians have been awful even with home advantage. Spartak have an artificial pitch but it hasn't done them any favours. By and large they just have not challenged this year and even went out of the Uefa 1st round in large numbers.

I don't think it would be easy but i'd fancy our chances ahead of those sides from the Uefa. All depends upon the draw though as either way it could be very tough or not bad at all.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.