BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

I was referring to the round of 32 as I was answering a point about Rovers coming 2nd being OK. You are right that the CL clubs got wiped out in later rounds but in the 2nd place v CL exiled games in the round of 32, only Levski prevailed against Artmedia.

Unfortunately this is untrue. CL teams knocked out in UEFA cup 32, all by standard UEFA entrants:

Bratislava

Brugge

FC Thun

Rosenborg

What you are saying is incorrect. UEFA Results 2005-2006

Auxerre (Livorno or Partizan Belgrade could go 3rd)

Besiktas (Leverkusen a long shot to overtake them)

Liberec (Braga also a long shot for 3rd)

Osasuna (or Lens or Odense if someone else gets a stuffing)

Ajax (or Zulte-Waregem if Ajax beat them in the decider in Amsterdam)

Rapid Bucarest (this one is wide open as Hapoel, Mlada or PSG could come 3rd)

Fenerbahce (another day of destiny as Celta, Palermo or Frankfurt could come 3rd)

If we don't beat Nancy, the following are in 3rd place in the CL Groups-

Barcelona (Werder will drop to 3rd only if beaten by Barca in their last game)

Sporting Lisbon (Spartak Moscow a long shot to overtake them)

Bordeaux (an exceptional scoring feat needed from Galatasaray to dislodge them)

Shakhtar Donetsk (Olypiacos hanging on by a thread)

Steau Bucharest (again all but certain to prevail over Dynamo Kiev)

CSKA Moscow (will probably overtake either Porto or Arsenal and Rovers cannot be drawn against the Arsenal)

Lille (or Anderlecht or AEK)

Benfica (or possibly Man U whom we cannot play or a long shot Copenhagen)

Great little summery there but I would take anyone really apart from Ajax, Lisbon, Benfica and Barcelona. And I think we would have a decent chance even against those sides with the one obvious exception of Barcelona.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately this is untrue. CL teams knocked out in UEFA cup 32, all by standard UEFA entrants:

Bratislava

Brugge

FC Thun

Rosenborg

What you are saying is incorrect. UEFA Results 2005-2006

Great little summery there but I would take anyone really apart from Ajax, Lisbon, Benfica and Barcelona. And I think we would have a decent chance even against those sides with the one obvious exception of Barcelona.

We beat them under Graeme Souness. We can do it again under Mark Hughes.

I wasnt over impressed at all with the diving, cheating and theatrics of Nancy but then what do you expect from the French ?

For me the only decent player they have is Kim and if you look at his away and the clubs away stats they dont seem to play the same type of game.

Rovers need not worry about N Lorraine, two main reasons are the weather and the fact that they come up against an ENGLISH, NORTHERN OUTFIT.

2-0 Rovers, man mountain sent off for them for hauling down Benni and Bert to run riot down the right :brfc:

oh yes

chirac to accept that France's tricolour to be identified with the flag of Italy, in a nice YELLOW colour :)

Very good 1864, though you are right, Nancy shouldn't cause us too many problems. They aren't a very good side and their recent success is something of a surprise to everyone. If we don't win this one then we will have really let ourselves down.

So far, the teams coming from CL to Uefa Cup are:

Werder Bremen (one to avoid)

Spartak Moscow

Bordeaux

Shaktar

Steaua

Today, it will be decided between these teams:

SL Benfica / Man Utd

Arsenal / FC Porto / Cska Moscow

Lille /Anderlecht / AEK (not sure about this one)

So the Champions League group stages have finished and I was bored therefore I was having a look around to see what information I could get for a perspective away trip should we finish second in the group.

Werder Bremen Germany

To fly direct to Bremen it appears that you need to fly via Amsterdam. To fly out on the 13/02 and return on the 17/02 it current costs £150.

Spartak Moscow Russia

Again I checked flights from Manchester and it appears you need to change at Amsterdam. Through E-Bookers you can get a return flight to Moscow for £214.60.

Bordeaux France

BMI Baby fly direct from Manchester to Bordeaux and costs roughly £60.

Shakhtar Donetsk Ukraine

This is a tricky one as you can fly to Kiev however you are looking of a train journey in the region of 15 hours to travel by train between Kiev to Donetsk. To fly to Donetsk you can change at Munich and will pay about £450. This is based on Flying our 12/02 and returning on the 17/02.

Steaua Bucharest Romania

KLM currently charging £188.10 to fly to Bucharest via Amsterdam.

Benfica Portugal

£140.00 is the cheapest flight I can find from Manchester however British Airways are cheaper from London. To fly from Manchester you need to change at Amsterdam.

CSKA Moscow Russia

As above

AEK Athens Greece

As with the others if lying from Manchester you will need to change at Amsterdam to get to Athens. To fly with KLM they are charging £180.00

Edited by Jordan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.