BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Champions League group stages have finished and I was bored therefore I was having a look around to see what information I could get for a perspective away trip should we finish second in the group.

Werder Bremen Germany

To fly direct to Bremen it appears that you need to fly via Amsterdam. To fly out on the 13/02 and return on the 17/02 it current costs £150.

Spartak Moscow Russia

Again I checked flights from Manchester and it appears you need to change at Amsterdam. Through E-Bookers you can get a return flight to Moscow for £214.60.

Bordeaux France

BMI Baby fly direct from Manchester to Bordeaux and costs roughly £60.

Shakhtar Donetsk Ukraine

This is a tricky one as you can fly to Kiev however you are looking of a train journey in the region of 15 hours to travel by train between Kiev to Donetsk. To fly to Donetsk you can change at Munich and will pay about £450. This is based on Flying our 12/02 and returning on the 17/02.

Steaua Bucharest Romania

KLM currently charging £188.10 to fly to Bucharest via Amsterdam.

Benfica Portugal

£140.00 is the cheapest flight I can find from Manchester however British Airways are cheaper from London. To fly from Manchester you need to change at Amsterdam.

CSKA Moscow Russia

As above

AEK Athens Greece

As with the others if lying from Manchester you will need to change at Amsterdam to get to Athens. To fly with KLM they are charging £180.00

You lazy git. Where's the list if we finish first :P

So the Champions League group stages have finished and I was bored therefore I was having a look around to see what information I could get for a perspective away trip should we finish second in the group.

Werder Bremen Germany

To fly direct to Bremen it appears that you need to fly via Amsterdam. To fly out on the 13/02 and return on the 17/02 it current costs £150.

Spartak Moscow Russia

Again I checked flights from Manchester and it appears you need to change at Amsterdam. Through E-Bookers you can get a return flight to Moscow for £214.60.

Bordeaux France

BMI Baby fly direct from Manchester to Bordeaux and costs roughly £60.

Shakhtar Donetsk Ukraine

This is a tricky one as you can fly to Kiev however you are looking of a train journey in the region of 15 hours to travel by train between Kiev to Donetsk. To fly to Donetsk you can change at Munich and will pay about £450. This is based on Flying our 12/02 and returning on the 17/02.

Steaua Bucharest Romania

KLM currently charging £188.10 to fly to Bucharest via Amsterdam.

Benfica Portugal

£140.00 is the cheapest flight I can find from Manchester however British Airways are cheaper from London. To fly from Manchester you need to change at Amsterdam.

CSKA Moscow Russia

As above

AEK Athens Greece

As with the others if lying from Manchester you will need to change at Amsterdam to get to Athens. To fly with KLM they are charging £180.00

You can fly direct to Bremen from Luton for £36

Moscow via Zurich is £195

Bordeaux from Manchester is £62

Donetsk via Munich is £450

Manchester to Bucharest is £190

will give you my sources as soon as I've booked my tickets!

Edited by Baz

Benfica Portugal

I think you can get cheaper flights.

There are flights from Liverpool, Birmingham and other cities to Porto, lisbon or Faro. It all depends on your budget.

http://www.attitudetravel.com/portugal/lowcostairlines/

If I understand it right, then we can play

Feyenoord Ned

Zulte Waregem Bel

Paris Saint-Germain Fra

Fenerbahçe Tur

Then one of each of the following

Rangers

M. Haifa

Auxerre

Livorno

Partizan

Tottenham

Dinamo Bucuresti

Beşiktaş

Leverkusen

AZ

Sevilla

Liberec

Braga

Parma

Lens

Osasuna

Heerenveen

If I understand it right, then we can play

Feyenoord Ned

We cant play a team from our group.

I think this draw is for the next 2 rounds as well.

Other teams are

A) Could potentially have the top 3 teams on 7 points, if Rangers lose and Auxerre win tomorrow. Haifa or Livorno can also finish third.

B ) Winners of the Leverkusen v Besiktas match (if drawn, its Besiktas)

C) Braga or Liberec can finish 3rd. Braga must beat Grasshoppers at home to do this. Liberec dont play..

D) Anybody except Parma who have won the group can finish third. Potentially all 4 other teams could finish on 4 points

As I understand Glenn, we will not be playing a team from the same qualifying group or another team from England.

Also PSG finished second in their group, therefore the current three which we could play are Zulte-Wagem, Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Fenerbache.

From looking at these teams I wish we had lost tonight. Don't fancy a trip to either Turkey or Israel.

As I understand Glenn, we will not be playing a team from the same qualifying group or another team from England.

Also PSG finished second in their group, therefore the current three which we could play are Zulte-Wagem, Hapoel Tel-Aviv and Fenerbache.

From looking at these teams I wish we had lost tonight. Don't fancy a trip to either Turkey or Israel.

The way its panning out, it could be a 4 out of 7 chance as theres likely to be 2 from each country left.

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Dec 13 2006, 23:38 ) 467673[/snapback]

The way its panning out, it could be a 4 out of 7 chance as theres likely to be 2 from each country left.

Ooops. I didn't check the already completed groups, I just believed the normally accurate - http://www.xs4all.nl/~kassiesa/bert/uefa/seeduc2006.html

You're right about us not getting Feyernord. I missed rule 2.

1. Clubs from the same association shall not be drawn against each other.

2. The group-winners of a given group shall be drawn against one of the third-placed teams from another group.

3. The runners-up of a given group shall be drawn against one of the eight clubs joining the competition from the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.

4. Group-winners and runners-up shall play the return leg at home.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ste B @ Dec 13 2006, 23:38 ) 467673[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Just had a look at flights to the known teams who have finished third. The most expensive appears to be Tel-Aviv. At the moment you can get to each of them for under £250 however the Waregame is by far the chaepest dependant where you fly to as there is no airport in Waregam however two are within 90 minutes on the train.

Don't you or your wife own a Fenebache shirt Glenn?

Edited by Jordan

I've got these as the only teams we can play...

A

Macibi Haifa Israel

Auxerre France

Livorno Italy

B

Besiktas Turkey

Leverkusen Germany

C

Liberec Czech Republic

Braga Portugal

D

Lens France

Osasuna Spain

Heerenveen Holland

F

Zulte Waregem Belgium

G

H.Tel-Aviv Israel

H

Fenerbahce Turkey

There are plenty on there that I dont want to be going to.

Yes. I've just been going through all the uefa standings etc, and looking at tonights fixtures;

So, were probably going to be playing one of the following: -

Group A

Livorno or Auxerre or Haifa

Group B

Leverkusen or Besiktas

Group C

Braga or Liberec

Group D

Lens, Osasuna or Heerenveen

Group E

Feyenoord**

Group F

Zulte Waregem

Group G

Hapoel Tel-Aviv

Group H

Fenerbahce

** cannot play these

Is it right we are definately AWAY in the 1st leg?

Leverkusen

Liberec

Osasuna

Braga

Lens

Heerenveen

Waregem

= would all be good and around £100 (or less) to get to

Just been looking at Tel Aviv flights... £250 cheapest I can see.

Cheers.

:brfc:

Edited by SuperStella

I go to either Tel Aviv or Eliat (Israel) every year.

Fantastic country, great night life just godamm awful to get to with very few flights from the North of England with most via London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt.

Belguim or Holland would be best from travel and cost point of view.

I go to either Tel Aviv or Eliat (Israel) every year.

Fantastic country, great night life just godamm awful to get to with very few flights from the North of England with most via London, Amsterdam or Frankfurt.

Belguim or Holland would be best from travel and cost point of view.

Is it tel-aviv where Liverpool were meant to play earlier this year however the game had to be moved due to some trouble, or am I thinking of something completly different.

But we missed Moscow :) It averages -10 (daytime) there in Feb.

Simon :brfc:

I hope we can avoid the big teams the entire time and go on to lift the trophy. I have no time for the thoughts of "let us get a big team so that we can go out in a good tie and have one last fling in Europe". We are a good team and capable of beating any side in this tournament, I don't care who we get I won't be happy when we are knocked out.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.