BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Uefa Cup

By far the best ground i have seen on there is the Bijeli Brijeg stadium in Bosnia....i would love to go there!! rover.gif

405752[/snapback]

Blimey - it looks like a ski jump with a football pitch at the bottom!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Portugal, Vitoria Setubal would be the easiest.

Plus, it's Mourinho's home town, the club where he played. So it would make it even better to beat them.

404471[/snapback]

Actually Oki, my dream Portuguese draw would be Nacional because if that happens I'll be on the first plane from Australia to Funchal. biggrin.gif

just when you thought it was safe....like a phoenix rising from the ashes....the biggest comeback since lazarus...."SYDNEY ROVERS IS BACK"

i aint bothered who we get or where it is, but what i would like is to progress through to the group phase, and then fingers crossed, the knockout phase.

Actually Oki, my dream Portuguese draw would be Nacional because if that happens I'll be on the first plane from Australia to Funchal. biggrin.gif

405861[/snapback]

I know wink.gif

Of the 3 portuguese teams, Nacional is the second more difficult.

First is Braga.

I would prefer Braga, cause it's near to where I live.

Out of interest would the club run trips to the Uefa Cup games as i would really like to go but i would prefer not to book it on my own seperately with an outside agency.

I'll have to save every penny from now until the draw like but it would be worth it.

Out of interest would the club run trips to the Uefa Cup games as i would really like to go but i would prefer not to book it on my own seperately with an outside agency.

I'll have to save every penny from now until the draw like but it would be worth it.

406114[/snapback]

The club have run trips to every Euro away so far. Also trips run from travel Agency in Blackburn. Depending on where the games are it is often easy and loads cheaper to do your own thing. rover.gif

Edited by sausagemandog

i aint bothered who we get or where it is, but what i would like is to progress through to the group phase, and then fingers crossed, the knockout phase.

405894[/snapback]

I echo this sentiment. All this pie-in-the-sky planning of ultimate footballing vacation spots seems somewhat at odds with our record in the UEFA cup laugh.gif

Let's win a few games first... I don't care where or when. Then I can start worrying about taking some days of annual leave and bringing the family for a 'footballing holiday' to Italy or Spain.

Waggy, i had a dream last night that I moved in to the house next door to you, and you had a car with the number plate Waggy1 with the little smilie things on that you use on your posts either side of it.

And Simon Barker lived on the other side.

Waggy, i had a dream last night that I moved in to the house next door to you, and you had a car with the number plate Waggy1 with the little smilie things on that you use on your posts either side of it.

And Simon Barker lived on the other side.

406888[/snapback]

Waggy, if I were you, I would be worried - VERY worried. laugh.gif

• 2 months later...

Whilst Newcastle were triumping in Lillestrom in the Intertoontoon (poor show by our Norwegian friends I thought), Villarreal were biting the dust againstr SK Maribor.

For Rovers, that is one less team seeded above us in the UEFA whilst it might mean that it will make a move by Rovers for Valencia a more attractive proposition for all concerned.

According to the Lancashire Telegraph we are not interested in Valencia.

Got to ask, has the Telegraph become pro Burnely over the past couple of weeks, bought the joke of a rag today in Asda and when i saw it had Burnley v Bolton on the centre pages and just one page about Rovers v Hamburg i had to ask for a refund which the nice lady in Asda kindly gave me my money back.

Do you not think the Rovers coverage in the Lancashire Telegraph is very poor ?

Edited by JAL

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.