BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Starting 11 & Formation

speeeeeeedie

I've took the liberty of starting this topic instead of having it lodged in the Wayne Ronney hysteria section.

The Rooney diaster could be a blessing as now I believe that Sven could play a 4-5-1 with both Lampard and Gerrard further forward.

Robinson

G. Neville Terry Campbell A. Cole

Carrick

Beckham J. Cole

Lampard Gerrard

Owen

What would happen if Rooney is fit?

-------------Robinson--------------

--------Ferdinand Terry--------

Neville---------------------Cole--

---------Carrick Lampard-------

Beckham------------------Cole

-----------Gerrard------------

-------------------Owen---------

Sorry about dots but dont know hot to get it to show the formation instead of lining it up along the left hand side

Edited by benhben

------------------robinson-------------

Neville--------terry-----carragher-------cole

Lennom-----Becks-----lampard-------cole

------------gerrard-------------------

-----------------------owen------------

-------------------Robinson-----------------------

Neville--------Terry-----Ferdinand-------A.Cole

Lennon-------Gerrard-----Lampard------J.Cole

-----------Crouch----------Owen-----------------

Subs:

James (GK)

Campbell

Beckham

Carrick

Bent

NEVER CHANGE FROM 4-4-2!

Edited by EIEIEIO

-------------Robinson--------------

--------Ferdinand  Terry--------

Beckham------------------Cole

-----------Gerrard------------

Sorry about dots but dont know hot to get it to show the formation instead of lining it up along the left hand side

405340[/snapback]

Exactly the same here, I can see it being more flexible than that though and maybe moving to something like...

------------Robinson------------

--------Ferdinand Terry-------

Neville---------------------Cole-

-------Beckham Carrick--------

--Gerrard--Lampard---Cole--

--------------Owen------------

As long as we can stay tight at the back we're still more than capable of scoring goals without Rooney, on his day Gerrard can be a match winner from that floating role behind the striker(s).

If Rooney is ever available to play at any point then I'd change the team to...

-------------Robinson-----------

--------Ferdinand Terry--------

Beckham---------------Gerrard

-----------Rooney------------

-------------Robinson-------------

G.Neville----Terry----Ferdinand------Carragher-

Beckham---Gerrard--Lampard----Joe Cole---

--------D. Bent------

--------------------------Owen---

rover.gif well here's mine

-----------------------------robbo

--------mr nasty-------terry----rio--------carragher

lennon----------carrick-----lampard---------joe cole

--------------------gerrard-----defoe tinykit.gif

Carragher at left back?! When we have probably the best left back in the world and a very good backup? What possible reason could you have for playing somebody out of position when we have A. Cole and Bridge who can do a fantastic job?!

A back 3???? In this day and age? Thats as mad as taking a unplayed 17 year old to the world cup. Oh wait wink.gif

I would normally say that a 3 5 2 would be a good idea, but we dont have a right wing back. Nevilles too old for that now.

rover.gif cole and bridge are injury prone carragher is fantastic,and the back 4 should be a back 3 against paraguay ans trinadad tinykit.gif

406578[/snapback]

Saying that is like saying don't play Bellamy because his hamstrings act up. When he's fit he's playing.

Don't play Ashley Cole, a genuine world class player, because he is injury prone? He is now fit and ready to go, he'll have bags of energy as he hasn't just gone through the rigours of a full season. The same with Owen. Look at history. At France 98 Davor Suker was top scorer becsue he subbed all season at Real Madrid. 2002 Ronaldo scored loads after playing about 3 games that year. 2006 Owen.....

Self explanatory starting formation:

Robinson

Neville

Terry

Ferdinand

A.Cole

Beckham

Gerrard

Lampard

Cole

Owen

Rooney

If Owen OR Rooney is injured, more likely Owen than Rooney being that they had rebreak Owen's foot and remend it with a new screw when they discovered the screw they first put in was the wrong one, then Crouch will start in his place. If both are injured then Defoe will start, assuming Sven has withdrawn one of them, alongside Crouch, otherwise Downing will be brought onto the left wing and J.Cole will play behind Crouch. I believe Walcott will be left on the bench initially and won't start a game unless injuries are severe or unless he makes some amazing sub appearances.

Oh, as for subs, stop guessing - you're allowed to name all 12 of your other squad members as subs (obviously only 3 to be brought on) in the World Cup.

edit: so that's a 4-4-2 I expect to see whatever the injury situation is. And one more thing: waggy has clearly smoked some bad mushrooms! 3-5-2 and not to play A.Cole or Bridge?!

Edited by roverich

Ideally Beckham on the bench and a team of:

Robinson

Neville

Ferdinand

Carragher

Cole

Gerrard

Carrick

Lampard

Downing

Owen

Rooney

I'm not convinced about Joe Cole on the left and if we have Gerrard, Carrick and Lampard, that should provide the solidarity to accommodate Downing.

Also, I'm not a big John Terry fan. He's done great for Chelsea but i think of the last tournament and his shaky performance and would go for Carragher who has been unflappable for 'pool.

Ideally Beckham on the bench and a team of:

Also, I'm not a big John Terry fan. He's done great for Chelsea but i think of the last tournament and his shaky performance and would go for Carragher who has been unflappable for 'pool.

406949[/snapback]

rover.gif had a bit off a bummer yesterday tinykit.gif

True.

I have to say though, my belief that Gerrard should be on the right wing - or playing as an attacking midfielder was strengthened by yesterday's game.

An axis of Lampard and Gerrard is just not going to be good enough because both are best going forward.

Right, no two ways about it afte rthe cup final yesterday, this is how the team should start in Germany:

Crouch

Gerrard

J Cole      Lampard          Beckham

Carrick

A Cole    Terry    Ferdinand  Neville

Robinson

I fully expect that to be precisely the team unless Owen or Rooney magically recover.

And, to be honest, if Gerrard performs like he did yesterday I think we are not going to miss the Roon too much.

oh, I reckon Ashton should have made the squad. Big, powerful, skillful. Actually looks like he could make it as an international forward unlike Crouch and Beattie who seem to be missing parts of their game.

From the provisional squad, assuming Rooney and Owen not fit

Robinson

Neville

Terry

Ferdinand

A. Cole

Beckham

Lampard

Carrick

J. Cole

Gerrard (free attacking role)

Defoe

407852[/snapback]

rover.gif like the front 2 ohmy.giftinykit.gif

robinson

neville terry carragher a.cole

beckham lampard gerrard cole

owen rooney

i really think ferdinand should be on the bench, he has had a poor season, he is lazy and to be honest 20 odd million bucks worth of ####.

terry and carragher could form an awsome partnership imo.

----------------------Robinson------------------------

Neville--------Terry-------Ferdinand--------A.Cole

----------------------------Carrick--------------------

---------------Beckham-------------------------------

---------Gerard--------Lampard--------J.Cole------

---------------------Rooney---------------------------

The players in blue indicate them having more of a free role.

This formations pretty much based on Chelsea's current formation except allowing our flair players more freedom. With carrick being the ball winning midfeilder and dictating the play along with beckham when we have possesion. With those two sitting back it will allow Lampard, Gerard and Joe Cole more freedom when going foreward to link up with Rooney. Out of those three i would like to see Lampard sit back slightly more than the other two as otherwise we would look slighly vunerable.

When not in possession of the ball and needing to defend a lead etc

----------------------Robinson------------------------

Neville--------Terry--------Ferdinand--------A.Cole

-----------------------Carrick-------------------------

Beckham-------Gerard-------Lampard--------------

-----------------------------------------J.Cole--------

------------------------Rooney-----------------------

Of course this is all dependent on the fitness of Rooney but should he not be im sure as much as i dislike the guy we could use Crouch up there to try and link it up with the supporting players.

:rover:

Edited by ben_the_beast

Apparently Sven is going to play Carragher as the holding midfielder tomorrow.

What the hell is that all about? Carrick is infinitey more suited to the role. I suppose it will make us more solid but still...

I will be very interested to see how Gerrard does up front!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.