BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

England's Provisional World Cup Squad

rover6

Wolcott wont be involved in the Champions League Final because of a gentlemans agreement between Wenger and Sven.

Before Wolcott was picked for the England squad Wenger had hinted that he would possibly feature in the Euro cup final.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will not find me complaining about the inclusion of Aaron Lennon, that is a gamble and I can see that he offers something different on the right to change a game.  I'm not slagging Sven off for taking a gamble on his inclusion.  But come off it, Walcott is more than a gamble, it is outright stupidity.  He MIGHT offer something different, he MIGHT unlock a defence- but the major problem is that he ALMOST CERTAINLY won't! And worse still it is not even calculated stupidity from Sven, it just cannot be explained, it defies all footballing thought to put in Theo Walcott as one of four strikers! It is just sheer incompetance at the worst possible time from a manager who stands slap bang in the way of our chances of winning a world cup.

406832[/snapback]

Shut up.

He got us to Japan, he got us to Portugal and he has gotten us to Germany.

And you say he is standing in the way of us winning it.

I think the problem might be that we dont have any world class strikers that are fit, and thus he is having to resort to 17yr old wonderkids.

You werent complaining about Sven the last time he took us to Germany, and Im pretty sure you wont be this time either.

I hope when we do rather better than you believe we will, you dont celebrate and just sit there, sullen faced waiting for an English manager to take charge whilst complaining that Sven has taken too many risks.

Going on your logic, Sven should never have picked Rooney (he hasnt scored that many, even this season)

Wolcott wont be involved in the Champions League Final because of a gentlemans agreement between Wenger and Sven.

Before Wolcott  was picked for the England squad Wenger had hinted that he would possibly feature in the Euro cup final.

407054[/snapback]

Yes, Wenger all of the sudden cares about saving his players for internationals. He was going to play an untested teenager in the most important match of his career.

Did you hear that one from Pleasure? tongue.gif

well just got back from holiday and when I read who he had picked I was a bit taken a back.

to play four fit forwards is taking a bit of a risk, to take four and one who might well not play at all, and one who will only be about 80% match fit, and one who has not play any games at all for england seems to be daft.

I am for taking a risk or two, ( do we need three goalkeepers) but you need options when you pick forwards and as such we do not seem to have many with the players that he has picked.

Peter C will find it hard against top class defeners to hold the ball up, his touch and upper body strength is just not there.

playing fast small forwards works well untill you get to the later stages of the world cup. Then you start to face defenders who are just as fast, but who are also stronger.

playing a 4-5-1 will not work. England do not have players to score one them defend for the rest of the game. In the english game we do not hold on too the ball long enough, and as playing with only one up front means that by and large we will not have the ball often.

also which of our forwards is good in the air.........

another option gone....

oh well I do hope that I am wrong and that the england manager knows what he is doing tongue.gif

Tchocky, Oewn started with England when Shearer was holder of the number 9 shirt, he also started at Liverpool when Fowler was king. Traditionally the England number 9 is the battering ram style with the 10 being the poacher/more creative. Lineker was 10 for England.

the bottom line is that they are just squad numbers,

408519[/snapback]

I disagree. For major tournaments England have always maintained a policy that the numbers 1-11 are usually the starting 11. To get number 15 means that you are a sub.

it's some sort of fort/castle i think it's called Schlosshotel Buhlerhohe.

here's a link/video

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/video_and_...ide/4304501.stm

408540[/snapback]

Wicked thanks, your german is gut biggrin.gif

Article i saw before!

I just have to find a way in now.... thumbs-up.gif how old was walcott again tongue.gif

Bloody hell.

Our manager makes a comment about how versatile one of our best players is, everybody jumps on it.

Personally I hope Carrick and Lampard are in the middle with Gerrard playing off Owen, until Rooney comes back anyway (he reckons he will be back for the 3rd group game)

Personally I hope Carrick and Lampard are in the middle with Gerrard playing off Owen, until Rooney comes back anyway (he reckons he will be back for the 3rd group game)

408670[/snapback]

Think your right there. Another possiblity is SG on the left with JC just off the forward. Would prefer it your way though.

I disagree. For major tournaments England have always maintained a policy that the numbers 1-11 are usually the starting 11. To get number 15 means that you are a sub.

408543[/snapback]

I don't think thats quite right. Carrick will almost certainly start, I reckon, even if everybody is fit. He gets the number 18 because of the other 4 midfielders senority.

I don't think thats quite right. Carrick will almost certainly start, I reckon, even if everybody is fit. He gets the number 18 because of the other 4 midfielders senority.

408877[/snapback]

You reckon? Even with Rooney fit? Sven's 11 was based on his best starting 11 injured or not. Who would get dropped for Carrick? Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Joe Cole (Gerrard out left then)?

You reckon? Even with Rooney fit? Sven's 11 was based on his best starting 11 injured or not. Who would get dropped for Carrick? Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Joe Cole (Gerrard out left then)?

408926[/snapback]

If SGE had some balls then Beckham, even though he has playerd well recently, should be the one to give way with Stevie G on the right.

As SGE generally does not have balls (but maybe in the post Walcottgate era...) it would probably be Cole who would lose out, with Gerrard on the left.

Either way I think Sven has committed himself to the notion that the midfield can only work if there is someone to hold it together and Carrick is that guy. Gerrard just cannot help himself but burst forward, fair enough if you have that level of talent, but we just lose the ball so much and have little cohesion.

It's a tough decision, but one that I think will massively improve our chances. One less top quality player, but a lot more balance.

I'll bet a tenner on it if anybody fancies a wager.

It would be stupid to drop Beckham. He has been in great form for Real Madrid this year and has also performed well for England in recent games. He seems to be a good captain and also what he can provide from dead ball situations makes him very valuable.

It would be stupid to drop Beckham. He has been in great form for Real Madrid this year and has also performed well for England in recent games. He seems to be a good captain and also what he can provide from dead ball situations makes him very valuable.

408969[/snapback]

So who would you drop out of Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard and J Cole to accomodate Carrick? Or would you not accomodate Carrick?

So who would you drop out of Beckham, Lampard, Gerrard and J Cole to accomodate Carrick? Or would you not accomodate Carrick?

408970[/snapback]

Don't have to drop anybody. Play Gerrard off the striker.

When Rooney gets fit, decide who needs to be dropped by looking at the performance of the previous few games.

Simple

Don't have to drop anybody. Play Gerrard off the striker.

When Rooney gets fit, decide who needs to be dropped by looking at the performance of the previous few games.

Simple

409005[/snapback]

I agree with that, but we were working on the hypothetical basis that Rooney was fit.

And I guess my point is that Carrick can't b dropped for any of those players because he is the only one who will look to hold the side together.

Edited by joey_big_nose

I feel sorry for Owen Hargreaves. It looks like he'll be playing right back tomorrow - yet again, out of position and yet again, he'll get hammered if he puts in a less than impressive performance.

If that prat Sven does not intend to play him in his rightful position, why include him at all?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.