BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poxy Motd Bias

Watching Match of the Day last night, there comes a spot in the programme with what I thought was a refreshing change.

Let's have a "Save of the season" say's Gary, "and here are the candidates"................cue clips of some fine saves and some average ones.

Now given that we have the best keeper in the Prem in Big Brad and given the saves he has pulled off this past season, saves that no right minded person can honestly say that Brad had any right to make, I was sitting there watching and wondering just how the MOTD men were going to fit in three of Bradley's wonderful saves into a list of eight or ten or whatever.

At the end of the clips I was left dumbfounded. What the f###k is going on?

Not one save of Brad's. NOT ONE!!!!!

That is just proof if any were needed that the tosspot programme is total biased against anything or anyone associated with Ewood Park. It must be down to that dingle producer or editor or whatever he is.

I will not pay for my TV licence ever again you cheating barstewards.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nominate one particular world class save from Brad this season. I'm not saying they haven't happened, im just saying give us something to compare and get angry about. Remember there are maybe 15 extremely good Prem keepers and they can't all get in.

I do agree with tcj that some of them didn't seem much better than average, such as Kelvin Davis vs Utd.

Not paying your TV license (idle threat though it may be)? Get a sense of perspective. It was a Save Of The Season competition. If you're going to cancel, do it over one of those dancing programmes.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the none existence of any post match analysis when they had it for every other game?!

Agree re the save of the season - Only 1 save in it really - The West Brom keeper. By far the best of what was on offer.

I too was expecting this to be a thread about the Rovers match being the only one (or one of very few) on the card not to have an at-the-scene commentary and post-match analysis. But you'd think we'd be used to that by now.

Not only that, but most of them weren't very good anyway!  Probably half of them I wouldn't consider better than a "good save."

406045[/snapback]

I totally, most of them were just good saves. I'd have to say that Shay Given's or Tomas Kuszack's would win it for me. Those were two fine saves.

I didn't watch all of MOTD last night, just up to Blackburn highlights. I was furious when they didn't mention what a good season we had had. Did they say anything after the last set of highlights? If not, then that's an absolute disgrace. They big up Newcastle for getting into the Intertoto Cup ffs.

I totally, most of them were just good saves. I'd have to say that Shay Given's or Tomas Kuszack's would win it for me. Those were two fine saves.

I didn't watch all of MOTD last night, just up to Blackburn highlights. I was furious when they didn't mention what a good season we had had. Did they say anything after the last set of highlights? If not, then that's an absolute disgrace. They big up Newcastle for getting into the Intertoto Cup ffs.

406075[/snapback]

Same thing here, Fox Soccer Channel, EPL Review, In their final review showing the Final Leafue TableWent through the top Five, Then to the Geordies, Bolton mentioned Wigan and West Ham having good seasons. Did not even say the Word Blackburn o Rovers, just skipped right by us.

Or the one against Fulham when Boa Morte, about 4 yards from goal, had to score, but was foiled by Brad.

Or the save against Boro' - Viduka's header from a corner - how he got to it I still don't know.

I too was equally frustrated at not seeing at least one of Brad's saves in there - especially when they included Robinson's save when it is, at best, debatable as to whether or not he actually got a touch.

Nominate one particular world class save from Brad this season. I'm not saying they haven't happened, im just saying give us something to compare and get angry about. Remember there are maybe 15 extremely good Prem keepers and they can't all get in.

I do agree with tcj that some of them didn't seem much better than average, such as Kelvin Davis vs Utd.

Not paying your TV license (idle threat though it may be)? Get a sense of perspective. It was a Save Of The Season competition. If you're going to cancel, do it over one of those dancing programmes.

406055[/snapback]

I thought Brad's save yesterday was fantastic.

Out of the entries though, it has to be Kuzcsak (sp).

406140[/snapback]

yesterday was just another fine exmple of Brads capabilities

I am glad it wasn't just me that sat waiting in anticipation to see which of his magnificent saves would make the final cut. I sat bemused to see him totally omitted.

I do wonder what Rovers need to do to get some recognition for their achievements. Mark Hughes is a well respected manager, who enjoyed a high profile as a player. Rovers achieved sixth place on some of the smallest gates in the League with probably one of the smallest transfer outlays. We were the only team to beat Man Utd at Old Trafford, also beat Chelsea and Arsenal for good measure.

This season has been beyond my wildest dreams - and who knows, with a little more luck - and a full fit Bellamy for the full season we would probably have finished 4th.

In 18 months Hughes and his backroom team have transformed Rovers from relegation probables to Europe.

For me, Hughes or Paul Jewell would be my manager of the season - but you know it will go to either Wenger (if they win Champs League) or Mourinho.

Brad's save of the season has to be the one in the league cup semi at old trafford. Where he tipped a brilliantly hit strike onto the post.

406120[/snapback]

Highlights of which the BBC don't have the rights to - so that wouldn't have got in anyway

in the NOTW it had a shortlist of the 5 best goals

reids didnt get in

bizzarly keanes 1st against us did

406276[/snapback]

It was a heck of an individual effort.

I was furious when they didn't mention what a good season we had had. Did they say anything after the last set of highlights? If not, then that's an absolute disgrace. They big up Newcastle for getting into the Intertoto Cup ffs.

406075[/snapback]

Gary Lineker mentioned that we had an excellent season before the highlights came on.

Watching Match of the Day last night....

ian, it's the same chap who produced "the premiership" (where rovers were again neglected/ 2min clips @ end of the programme).

MOTD is utter garbage- bbc's camera men are the worst around, boring pundits/ commentators.

thank god for sky's "football first".

Watching Match of the Day last night....

ian, it's the same chap who produced "the premiership" (where rovers were again neglected/ 2min clips @ end of the programme).

MOTD is utter garbage- bbc's camera men are the worst around, boring pundits/ commentators.

thank god for sky's "football first".

406426[/snapback]

I totally agree, but I am afraid that with limited funds available it is either Sky Sports subscription or a season ticket for the Blackburn End. No contest I'm afraid, so I will just have to put up with the tripe on MOTD.

I suppose we should not expect too much coverage on that programme anyway, for as the name suggests it is MATCH and not Matches of the day.

I totally agree, but I am afraid that with limited funds available it is either Sky Sports subscription or a season ticket for the Blackburn End. No contest I'm afraid, so I will just have to put up with the tripe on MOTD.

I suppose we should not expect too much coverage on that programme anyway, for as the name suggests it is MATCH and not Matches of the day.

406439[/snapback]

i salute you for getting your priorities right and deciding to have a Season Ticket over SKY is the right decision.

i record rovers highlights of sky and could do you copies next season. just PM me.

• 1 year later...

MoTD pre-match info Sunderland v Reading revealed that the starting pairing of Yorke and Cole was the first time that they have started together since they were at MANCHESTER UNITED in 2000! Great research eh?

btw I put the red scums name in capitals because the pundits and commentators just love emphasising it every chance they get.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.