BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Poxy Motd Bias

indeed they were purely focused on portsmouth and wether james will be fit to play in the FA cup final, which harry has already said he will be, rendering the argument pointless!

not much to ask for is it to see the goal again and maybe some anaylsis and comment on it...?

pathetic!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not even the big four that you have to play to be completly over looked. You just have to be Blackburn.

You were indeed correct. It was more about how Portsmouth had their mind on the FA cup.

not much to ask for is it to see the goal again and maybe some anaylsis and comment on it...?

pathetic!

It's theno's fault for complaining :lol:

I was listening to the Annie Mac show on Radio 1 earlier, she was saying about Ian Wright leaving MOTD, because it's become "dry" and she agreed and said there should be a seperate "highlights" show, but with laughter.

She said Russell Brand is a massive footie fan and even writes a column in the Guardian and she thinks he'd be a great choice of pundit to have on the show.

Maybe someone like Colin Murray being the host? he does a decent job on Ch5.

Someone suggested a show hosted by Alan Carr & the pundit being his dad (an ex-footie manager) and calling it Football Night Project :lol:

I'd love to see a show that talks footie, has no bias and takes the p*ss a bit... especially if the show mocks losers like Jamie Redknapp & Garth Crooks. I could imagine Russell Brand coming out with some corkers about those 2 alone.

I was listening to the Annie Mac show on Radio 1 earlier, she was saying about Ian Wright leaving MOTD, because it's become "dry" and she agreed and said there should be a seperate "highlights" show, but with laughter.

She said Russell Brand is a massive footie fan and even writes a column in the Guardian and she thinks he'd be a great choice of pundit to have on the show.

Maybe someone like Colin Murray being the host? he does a decent job on Ch5.

Someone suggested a show hosted by Alan Carr & the pundit being his dad (an ex-footie manager) and calling it Football Night Project :lol:

I'd love to see a show that talks footie, has no bias and takes the p*ss a bit... especially if the show mocks losers like Jamie Redknapp & Garth Crooks. I could imagine Russell Brand coming out with some corkers about those 2 alone.

I suppose Soccer AM a few years back when it was in its pomp was the closest we've come. I am actually a big fan of MOTD2 and think Chiles is an excellent presenter. I hardly ever see MOTD but MOTD2 is required viewing. It was disappointing that we weren't covered more, but usually it's an excellent show.

There was a call (on here I think) for Baddiel and Skinner to be made presenters of Soccer AM. Now that would have been worth watching. And they're a lot funnier than Alan bloody Carr :D

Cant stand that Brand fella so I would not watch it for sure. I think the BBC should do a 'fair' show of each game. Maybe say a 10 min slot for each game/ analysis.

No chance. They'd somehow turn each match into a discussion about one of the 'Big Four' particularly Manchester United. One thing that amuses me is how often little 'ol Rovers somehow gets a passing mention in these discussions.

I suppose Soccer AM a few years back when it was in its pomp was the closest we've come. I am actually a big fan of MOTD2 and think Chiles is an excellent presenter. I hardly ever see MOTD but MOTD2 is required viewing. It was disappointing that we weren't covered more, but usually it's an excellent show.

I agree with that. Much prefer MOTD2 with Chiles, Peacock and Dixon than with Lineker, Hansen and Shearer bleating on about the you-know-who. I cancelled my Sky Sports sub because of the Top 4 love fest, there's only so much I can take.

I agree with that. Much prefer MOTD2 with Chiles, Peacock and Dixon than with Lineker, Hansen and Shearer bleating on about the you-know-who. I cancelled my Sky Sports sub because of the Top 4 love fest, there's only so much I can take.

Chiles and Dixon are interesting and are pretty fair.

Peacock is very anti Rovers...

This is the comment I have made to the BBC

I have just watched a taped version of "Match of the Day 2". While it has been obvious for a long time how biased the BBC is against my team, Blackburn Rovers, MOTD2 on 27 April hit a new low, even for them. After the game, which Blackburn WON (please note)- we had approximately 5 minutes of discussion, ALL of which centred on Portsmouth's formation for the FA Cup final. Oh, and a comment on how Jermaine Defoe, who "oh woe" can't play in the final, should have had two goals today.

Did you replay Rover's goal? Of course you didn't, because then your people would have had to mention Blackburn. In fact the only comment about Blackburn was about Roque Santa Cruz being "one of" the buys of the season. "One of"??? £3.5 million and 21 goals? Just who has been a better buy?

While I appreciate Blackburn aren't a big club and it is somewhat rude of us to beat "our 'Arry" and be in the top half of the league, not even replaying the ONE goal in the game during the "summarization" is ridiculous.

Awaiting yet another anodyne response- the same one you give whenever one of my fellow supporters complains about your programmes.

Yours

If you listen to fans of any team outside the Big 4 (+1) then they will say that any particular football programme is biased against their team. I don't think they are any more biased than the papers or the radio in that they are obliged to give the most coverage to the teams whose fans make up most of their audience. You want to come and sample the coverage you get for the Old Firm up here if you think you have something to moan about. These programmes are sold around the world and most of our TV revenue comes from Asia and folk in Singapore ain't interested in Blackburn Rovers. I'm afraid its another symptom of what the Premiership has become and there is nowt we can do about it.

If you listen to fans of any team outside the Big 4 (+1) then they will say that any particular football programme is biased against their team. I don't think they are any more biased than the papers or the radio in that they are obliged to give the most coverage to the teams whose fans make up most of their audience. You want to come and sample the coverage you get for the Old Firm up here if you think you have something to moan about. These programmes are sold around the world and most of our TV revenue comes from Asia and folk in Singapore ain't interested in Blackburn Rovers. I'm afraid its another symptom of what the Premiership has become and there is nowt we can do about it.

Eh? :wacko:

I can just about take it in the case of the Red Scum but Pompey ffs! 'fans make up most of the audience'?!? Arry was bemoaning the fact that they dont effin well have any!

I have just watched a taped version of "Match of the Day 2". While it has been obvious for a long time how biased the BBC is against my team, Blackburn Rovers, MOTD2 on 27 April hit a new low, even for them. After the game, which Blackburn WON (please note)- we had approximately 5 minutes of discussion, ALL of which centred on Portsmouth's formation for the FA Cup final. Oh, and a comment on how Jermaine Defoe, who "oh woe" can't play in the final, should have had two goals today.

Did you replay Rover's goal? Of course you didn't, because then your people would have had to mention Blackburn. In fact the only comment about Blackburn was about Roque Santa Cruz being "one of" the buys of the season. "One of"??? £3.5 million and 21 goals? Just who has been a better buy?

While I appreciate Blackburn aren't a big club and it is somewhat rude of us to beat "our 'Arry" and be in the top half of the league, not even replaying the ONE goal in the game during the "summarization" is ridiculous.

Awaiting yet another anodyne response- the same one you give whenever one of my fellow supporters complains about your programmes.

Yours

Well done Jan!

btw ...... Let me save the sarky one the effort of posting.....

Go tiger!

I....Awaiting yet another anodyne response- the same one you give whenever one of my fellow supporters complains about your programmes.

Yours

Very good, but you're fighting a losing battle with the MoD team.

Jug ears Lineker hates Rovers too - remember his comment "shame Blackburn went down" on They Think It's All Over when we were relegated ?

Worth every penny of his £2m taxpayer-sponsored salary that lad.

I seem to remember Lineker mentioning his dislike of Rovers stemmed from the play-off victory in 1992. Leicester fans think Speedie dived and there seems to have been bitterness as they finished higher than us and mixed in with thoughts that we bought the promotion rather than earned it.

It was over fifteen years ago now but I guess like another large-eared creature, the elephant, Lineker doesn´t forget things easily...

MOTD is probably the worst offender for sticking us on as the last match...

Sky and Setanta also have their biased views on the Rovers. When we played Manure, all I heard was "it's not often Ewood gets filled unless Man United are in town" and Brian Marwood or whatever his name is, insinuating that it was acceptable for Rooney to be a tosspot because of the occasion. Bloody annoying IMO.

Even Setanta on Sunday, both commentator and co-commentator, Alan Smith, making insinuations that some of our players would be off to bigger clubs this season. They were also almost willing Portsmouth to win, too, throughout the match. Alan Smith also said, and I quote "Blackburn rode their luck against Man United" and something about Friedel coming to our rescue. Friedel made some great saves, but he is part of our TEAM... would he prefer we opt for a crap goalie and just let the goals go in the nets and then the luck would even out?

Grrr, pundits do annoy me, but there's not much we can do about it and I supposed we have to let it go over our heads (as you can see, I'm doing a good job already).

Of course he would. Typical ex big club player. It makes it all the sweeter when they can't ignore us because we're just too good and achieve something they don't expect. They get really uptight too when our players say they are happy at Rovers, becasue of course nobody can be happy playing for a well-run club with a good young manager who actually plays you every game while you keep performing, can they?

The response

Thanks for your e-mail regarding 'Match of the Day 2' broadcast on 27 April.

I understand you were unhappy with the coverage given to the Portsmouth v Blackburn match and I appreciate you felt the programme should have shown Blackburn Rovers' winning goal.

Our intention with the programme is to provide a comprehensive review of recent matches and I'm sorry you've been particularly disappointed by this edition. The choice of matches and goals to report in the programme is frequently very difficult. This choice has to be selective and no matter how carefully such decisions are made, editorial staff are always aware that some people may disagree with them.

Coverage is determined by the day's big stories, talking points and most entertaining games. There is certainly no perceived bias to allocate more or less coverage to certain teams.

The BBC Sport website covered the match, and a 5 Live report is also available from the following link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...em/7356081.stm#

I appreciate you feel very strongly that Blackburn Rovers have been neglected by the programme and please be assured that your comments have been included in our audience log. This is circulated widely within the BBC and made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

The response

Thanks for your e-mail regarding 'Match of the Day 2' broadcast on 27 April.

I understand you were unhappy with the coverage given to the Portsmouth v Blackburn match and I appreciate you felt the programme should have shown Blackburn Rovers' winning goal.

Our intention with the programme is to provide a comprehensive review of recent matches and I'm sorry you've been particularly disappointed by this edition. The choice of matches and goals to report in the programme is frequently very difficult. This choice has to be selective and no matter how carefully such decisions are made, editorial staff are always aware that some people may disagree with them.

Coverage is determined by the day's big stories, talking points and most entertaining games. There is certainly no perceived bias to allocate more or less coverage to certain teams.

The BBC Sport website covered the match, and a 5 Live report is also available from the following link:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/e...em/7356081.stm#

I appreciate you feel very strongly that Blackburn Rovers have been neglected by the programme and please be assured that your comments have been included in our audience log. This is circulated widely within the BBC and made available to many BBC staff, including members of the BBC Executive Board, channel controllers and other senior managers.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

We can only try. Keep it up folks.

I seem to remember Lineker mentioning his dislike of Rovers stemmed from the play-off victory in 1992. Leicester fans think Speedie dived and there seems to have been bitterness as they finished higher than us and mixed in with thoughts that we bought the promotion rather than earned it.

It was over fifteen years ago now but I guess like another large-eared creature, the elephant, Lineker doesn´t forget things easily...

Actually I think it was from before this. Around 1990/1991 Uncle Jack announced his presence on the footballing stage by putting in a cheeky 2m bid for Lineker (then at Spurs). It was universally laughed at and scorned by the media and I recall that Lineker was considering a lawsuit because the arrogant tw@ took it as an insult that a crappy D2 outfit would bid for him. Four years and one Alan Shearer (who completely upstaged Lineker's legend status) later and we were Champions. That is why I reckon he doesn't like us.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.