SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Official Australian Squad Thread

Sydney Rovers

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cards, red or otherwise can be given at any point, before, in, or immediately after a game. In fact, if player came out of the sheds after a game and abused a ref, then he/she could(just could) be given a card.

I can see your point Dave, but why not just add the name to the report for after the game?

I cant see why he blew his whistle straight after the free-kick? It was part of the same play...

Its like allowing a final coner-kick and blowing the whistle while the ball is in mid air..

EDIT: Like the "Tie me Kangaroo down" tune.

Edited by AussieinUk

Throw-in's I dont mind. Free kicks from set plays (corners and the like) is different, as anything can happen. Wasn't there a famous incident in the 80's ( :unsure: ), when a ref called time on a game when crucial goal was scored from a corner?

*goes away to check*

We might get a decent ref for the Italia game :lol:

Not if Mr Moggi has been anywhere near him! :lol::D

Edited by AussieinUk

Throw-in's I dont mind. Free kicks from set plays (corners and the like) is different, as anything can happen. Wasn't there a famous incident in the 80's ( :unsure: ), when a ref called time on a game when crucial goal was scored from a corner?

When times up, it's up. A ref will be looking at his timepiece when he's blowing his whistle.

Great game to watch (as a neutral) probably hell for the Aussies and Croats though.
It was inside the stadium :o and the amount of grey hairs I have has increased too. Also can someone explain to me why I can't support a team that wins games easily?

Don't know what the hell Kalac was doing out there, but at least this will tell Guus to leave him on the bench.

BTW, some quotes from clueless Aussie supporters;

Guy behind me, in the 80th minute: "Is that Mark Schwarzer out there?"

Overhead the day after the Croatia game at the Camp Ground where I'm staying: "I don't know why people are getting so excited, we only got a draw." :huh:

BTW, some pictures from our trip can be found here, including a dodgy shot of myself at 3am after shots of Shnapps and Jagamiester. - http://blogs.smh.com.au/worldcup/archives/...convoy_tak.html

It was involving Wimbledon in the 90's and the ball had been hit before the final whistle was blown. Buggered if I can find anything else tho.

I think what Aussie is referring to is Clive Thomas famously disallowing a crucial goal in the World Cup by blowing the final whistle.

Corner is taken, Thomas blows whistle, a fraction of a second later, the ball is volleyed into the net.

Not sure as to the two sides but seem to think the unlucky ones were Brazil.

Debate raged for ages afterwards as to whether a ref should allow the ball to go dead before blowing up.

I think what Aussie is referring to is Clive Thomas famously disallowing a crucial goal in the World Cup by blowing the final whistle.

Corner is taken, Thomas blows whistle, a fraction of a second later, the ball is volleyed into the net.

Not sure as to the two sides but seem to think the unlucky ones were Brazil.

Debate raged for ages afterwards as to whether a ref should allow the ball to go dead before blowing up.

Thats the one! Thank you Rev. :tu:

You fat #5$*&@)

Been on the German ale, I'll bet :lol:

Why didn't you say, I'm the guy holding the hand of the girl wearing the yellow "T".

I'd have said nothing :ph34r:

Best laugh I've had for days.

Thanks Dave

You can't say Lucas doesn't have a positive attitude.

He and the rest of the team will give it all tonight. They have a chance to knock over one of the heavyweights of football.

Can they do it?

I'm not certain, but hopefully they'll give a good show. One thing that is for sure, they'll be full of running at the end.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.