I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

I LOVE YOU

XXXXXXXXXXX

MEMO TO MARK HUGHES: GIVE LUCAS A TEN-YEAR CONTRACT AND MY UNDYING THANKS

Italy should never have gone down to ten men, Australia should have taken more advantage than they did...why wait until the last ten minutes to bring another front man on?

The penalty was a tough one to call, but if you dive in like that in the box then you're asking for trouble.

Italy should never have gone down to ten men, Australia should have taken more advantage than they did...why wait until the last ten minutes to bring another front man on?

The penalty was a tough one to call, but if you dive in like that in the box then you're asking for trouble.

True enough Le C, but the Italian made a meal of falling over. he could quite easily have hopped over Neill, but the ball had got away from him.

Have to agree, one of those where if you were Australian it was never a penalty but if you're Italian it's stonewall. Personally I would have given it, hopefully that has put pen to paper on Lucas' new contract. Unlucky Aussies, you were a good team, though I think you let yourselves down today by not getting forward and having a go in the same way that you have in previous games. Perhaps you stuck too much to the initial plan of soaking up Italian pressure.

Completely agree....a bit negative only bringing on one substitue on a very hot day...they didn't go for it anf they paid the price...

As for you Aussie's claiming it wasn't a penalty....it would've been if it was in the other box though wouldn't it?!!!

I feel a bit sorry for Lucas but i also think its very, very funny! :lol:B)

Horrible way to lose, but it wasn't undeserved IMO. Australia had their chance 11v10 for almost a whole half and created absolutely nothing. Had it been Toni/Gilardino instead of Iaquinta upfront alone for the second half I think they'd have won it earlier. But that's just pure speculation.

And all this "Cheating *****s" as soon as someone mentions Italy annoys me. Seen over the whole game I think you'd find there was a lot *less* cheating from Italy than almost every other team in the tournament. The difference was that when it did happen it was significant. Things like appealing for penalty when you know there blatantly wasn't handball annoys me a lot, but noone will mention that because it was against Italy...

EDIT: Hopefully this will take the shine off Neill's otherwise excellent performance and increase our chances of keeping him. I do feel for him though :(

Edited by Lathund

Absolutely gutted that the Socceroos have lost... but that's only because I have them in the sweepstake. Can't help but feel that Hiddink missed a trick and didn't go all out for the win once the Italians were down to ten men. It was obvious to everyone that if the Italians got into the Australian penalty area and had to face the merest hint of a challenge they would go to ground.

Shouldn't have been a penalty.

Then again, it shouldn't have been a red card either.

Fair play to the Aussies, they had a go, they played fair, they didn't roll about in mock agony and they showed they were good enough to justify their place in the tournament.

How anyone can argue against the awarding of a penalty is beyond me, it's pretty much nailed on. Lucas has once again had a lapse in concentration and has gone diving into a situation that didn't require such drastic action. Very foolish.

The Aussies were unlucky. I too am also surprised at Hiddink. A very talented coach lets the Italians sit back and do what they are good at instead of taking the game to them. Probably wasn't a sending off, and probably wasn't a pen. What was Neill doing though? Just think, if the first defender had manhandled Grosso instead of letting him go.

Harry Kewell, why in every big game does he go missing?

I'm gutted for the Aussies, it was never a penalty. Grosso didn't dive but tripped over Neill (why was he on the ground?). True to form the jammy Ities squeeze through. Bloody typical.

Completely gutted but not surprised. I'm sure that Italian leather suitcases changed hands before this match.

Very average refereeing as usual.

Roll on 2010. We will have a new team, but the same spirit...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.