BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Predictions

Rovermatt

I'm surprised this topic hasn't been started yet.

Without it getting too tribal (i.e. myself and the few other celts on here getting a bit 'non-English' wink.gif ) what are your honest views of those teams with a realistic chance of taking the trophy home?

predictions anyone? odds with an accululator bet on these results?

Made mine back in December!!!

predictions anyone? odds with an accululator bet on these results?

Group A

Germany 9pts

Pland 6pts

Costa Rica 3pts

Equador 0pts

Group B

England 9pts

Sweden 4pts

Paraguay 2pts

Trin' & Tob' 1pt

Group C

Arentina 7pts

Holland 7pts

Ivory Coast 3pts

S & M 0pts

Group D

Mexico 7pts

Portugal 6pts

Angola 3pts

Iran 1pt

Group E

Czech Republic 9pts

USA 4pts

Italy 4pts

Ghana 0pts

Group F

Brasil 9pts

Austraila 4pts

Japan 2pts

Croatia 2pts

Group G

France 7pts

South Korea 6pts

Switzaland 4pts

Togo 0pts

Group H

Spain 9pts

Tunisia 6pts

Ukraine 3pts

Suadi Arabia 0pts

last 16

Germany Vs Sweden 2-0

Argentina Vs Portugal 2-1

Czech Republic Vs Austrailia 1-0

France Vs Spain 1-2

England Vs Poland 2-0

Mexico Vs Holland 0-1

Tunisia Vs South Korea 0-2

Brasil Vs USA 2-0

Quarter Finals

Germany Vs Argentina 2-1

Czech Republic Vs Spain 0-1

England Vs Holland 1-1 (3-2 et)

South Korea Vs Brasil 2-0

Semi Finals

Germany Vs Spain 1-0

England Vs Brasil 2-2 (2-2 et Brasil win 4-3 on penalties)

3rd/4th place play off

England Vs Spain 2-1

Final

Gremany Vs Brasil 1-2

This post has been edited by Rovers Air Force: Dec 10 2005, 13:09

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want Brazil to be defeated asap, just to see all the Brazil-biased people (if the shoe fits..? :) ) whine a bit.. also, I don't want England to go very far (not important to me, but if I get tired of Brazil-biase, you should read Norwegian media's coverage on England..) and preferably Italy to win with a half-injured Totti to win player-of-the-tournament! :) I've put a few pounds on Serbia and Montenegro at 120/1, so wouldn't mind them winning..

As for predictions.. Brazil is obviously a class team, but favourites tend to feck up.

I'm thinking Brazil might get overconfident and come crashing down. They aren't in the easiest group and although they do have tremendous talent, so did France 4 years ago...

I'll probably be slaughtered but I really feel that Brazil are overrated. Talented group going forward but they don't look that strong at the back, while lets face it, some of their attacking players live upon a reputation purely based on the fact that they are Brazilian.

I've seen nothing to suggest that any of Brazil's front four live upon the reputation that their nationality affords. Ronaldinho, Adriano, Ronaldo and Kaka are simply outstanding footballers. They could come from Bermondsey and still be as talented.

Edited by Rovermatt

For me Adriano is overrated. A good player yes, but not amongst the best strikers in the world, at least not yet. The others are of course all very good, but three players don't make them the best side ever.

1958 - Brazil 2006- ?

1962 - Brazil 2002- Brazil

1966- England 1998-France ( European team winning for first time on home ground)

1970 - Brazil 1994- Brazil

1974-Germany 1990-Germany

1978-Arg. 1986-Arg

1982-Italy

If the above trend continues, Brazil winning in 1958 should mean that in 2006 the winner is

either 1)Brazil , 2) A nation winning for first time ever

However, given that the host is Germany, the perennial party poopers, they wil probably shred the form book as well as the sequence book, and go on to win a 4th title. <_<

Edited by Rover4ever

Zambrotta out for the first two matches, bad news for Italy, as Zaccardo is struggling also. (I miss Panucci goddamnit!)

This probably means this lineup:

Buffon

Oddo, Nesta, Cannavaro ©, Grosso

Camoranesi, de Rossi, Pirlo

Totti

Gilardino, Toni

Alex Del Piero likely to replace Totti in the first match, unless Lippi feel's he can last the whole WC.

Forza Italia :)

• 1 month later...

I've got to say that while Group C (Argentina, Holland, Ivory Coast, Serbia) looks tough, Group E (Czech Republic, Italy, U.S., Ghana) is really the group of death is this tournament. I'm not pretentious enough to say that the U.S. is better than either the Czechs or Italians, but each of them are certainly worthy of at least a quarterfinal appearance, and one will have to be the odd man out.

As rebelzero said, the U.S./Czech Republic opener on June 12th should be quite the encounter. I fancy the Italians to go through from the group (I think they're the only team other than Argentinians that can take down Brazil), so that opening match could go a long way toward shaping the tournament's direction.

Incidentally, I like the Italians to win... though I'll be hoping the U.S. can take them down on the 17th.

Not who I necessarily wanted to win, but my consolation is I picked it before the tournament. Thank you, thank you.

;)

latest odds for the world cup

11-4 brazil>>> > my tip

7-1 argentina>>> > my tip

7-1 england

7-1 germany>>> > my tip

8-1 italy>>> > my tip

12-1 france>>> > my tip

14-1 holland>>> > my tip

14-1 spain>>> >my tip

22-1 portugal>>> > my tip

33-1 czech rep>>> >my tip

40-1 sweden>>> > my tip

66-1 ukraine>>> > my tip

80-1 usa>>> > my tip

100-1 australia>>> > my tip

1000-1 saudi arabia>>> > my tip

408472[/snapback]

YAY, I win!! :ph34r:

Edited by neekoy

I've got a feeling this will be Italy's year. They are apparently still fuming (even now) about the manner of their exit in 2002.

Quality players throughout the squad, Totti will be back after a long layoff and should be in prime form by the time the tournament comes around. They also have a tough group which can actually work well for sides as they have to raise their game early and that can be easier than coasting through an easy group then having suddenly to be faced with quality opposition.

Wahoo! I'm the man! :tu:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.