BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Italian Refereeing Scandal

That's true - the link I posted earlier made it clear that the Polish yobs were after the English in particular . Unfortunately any response to provocation will have the tabloids over here giving our lot undeserved stick. It won't be the first time.....

Hmmm..and England are likely to play Poland in the world cup second round.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well, since 2002 there has been given severe punishment to four big clubs in Italy, Fiorentina was relegated to Serie C2 because of financial trouble, then Napoli was relegated, and Torino didn't get their promotion because of the financial trouble. On top of that, Genoa was sent down two divisions for matchfixing on only one occasion!

(worse economical status has occured in other countries, without any punishment - so why is Italy always called the lenient one?)

Yes, Juventus are a bigger club than all four, but these are in fact four of the biggest clubs in Italy. As I have said earlier, I think Juve's only possibility is dragging Milan into it - because of the enormous financial consequense a top two relegation would mean.

From the Times of Malta:

Italy's football federation (FIGC) will announce today the names of any clubs and individuals to be charged over allegations of match-fixing.

In brief remarks to reporters in Rome, president Guido Rossi said the FIGC would make an announcement "after the stock market closes as (bourse watchdog) Consob has requested".

Any clubs charged would face trial at a sports tribunal next week in Rome's Olympic Stadium.

Champions Juventus, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina, among the elite of Italian football, have been investigated. The stock market closes at 5.30 p.m. which today will also approximately coincide with the end of Italy's crucial World Cup match against the Czech Republic.

Thirteen of Italy's 23-man World Cup squad play for the four clubs that have come under scrutiny.

Separate criminal prosecutions could follow the FIGC trial which is expected to deliver its verdicts between July 7 and 9, the weekend of the World Cup final.

Two of the clubs that have been investigated are traded on the Milan bourse - Juve and Lazio.

Milan is owned by former prime minister Silvio Berlusconi, head of the Fininvest media empire, and Fiorentina by the Tod's footwear tycoon Diego Della Valle.

No one in the affair has admitted guilt and the FIGC's prosecutor Stefano Palazzi might decide not to press any charges, though this is considered highly unlikely.

If clubs or individuals are found guilty they could face bans from the sport, fines, relegation from the top flight Serie A and be stripped of trophies won.

Charges are likely to centre on sporting fraud and/or violating fairness and probity in the game.

Palazzi, who is not expected to recommend penalties before the trial, received the findings of the FIGC's chief investigator, Fran-cesco Borrelli, on Monday.

I'm amazed that several hours after the news broke, it is left to me to report that Juve, AC, Lazio and Fiorentina are all to be tried.

I've been listening out since around 4.00pm. The announcement was scheduled for 16.30 and then put back to 18.30 or later. Probably why a lot of people haven't caught it yet.

I like the thought of Inter getting a few more scudettos.

Surely the plural of scudetto is scudetti? Could one of our Italian speakers please confirm as this is worrying me sick.

Anyway, if things go tits up for the clubs involved it's fair to assume that they will have to unload excess players due to the assumed massive fines and possible relegation sanctions they could face. This will spark major movements among the European big boys and could leave a few bargains waiting to be snapped up because of all the excess players floating about.

It seems to me that Mr Hughes ought to put some petrol in his Vespa and take an Italian holiday to see what goodies he can get.

While this is bad news for the Italian game and I have genuine sympathy for the rank and file supporters of those clubs (I'm not talking about teenagers in Guildford who think they are fans of "AC", as they would doubtless call them, because they own a replica shirt), on the plus side it would p1ss on the chips of all those sharks who are keen on a breakaway European league and see the likes of Milan and Juventus as integral to their fiendish plan.

I reckon Grabbi could re-sign for Juventus (where he was once a ball boy or something) when they take on Pogibonsi following their relegation to Serie Z. Maybe Sourpuss will take up the hot seat at Lazio...

I hope they buy him and then get demoted :)

I like the thought of Inter getting a few more scudettos.

The amazing thing about Inter is that they'll probably fail to win even if Lazio, Roma, Juve and Milan all go down. They're turned spending big money with nothing to show for it into an art. A bit like Newcastle.

Actually, we'll probably find that Inter won last season's title when all the dust has settled!

This Times report says it looks bleak for Juve and that Galliano is one of the individuals charged in which case its curtains for AC as well: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2239475,00.html

So which players do we fancy seeing in blue and white halves next season?

Anyone got complete Juve, AC, Lazio and Fiorentina squad lists?

Edited by philipl

From the (admittedly unrepresentative) cross-section of fans I've spoken to:

Fiorentina- state of shock and we came back from one forced relegation to the bottom serie

Lazio- resigned to relegation to Serie B

AC- we are not as guilty as Juve, Berlusconi will save us; none expect relegation

Juve- ranges from we'll be relieved if its only Serie B to "We only did what big clubs are supposed to do!"

Anyone got complete Juve, AC, Lazio and Fiorentina squad lists?

Juventus

Current squad

As of May 18th, 2006

No. Position Player

1 GK Gianluigi Buffon

2 DF Alessandro Birindelli

3 DF Giorgio Chiellini

4 MF Patrick Vieira

6 DF Robert Kovač

8 MF Emerson

9 FW Zlatan Ibrahimović

10 FW Alessandro Del Piero (captain)

11 MF Pavel Nedvěd

14 DF Federico Balzaretti

16 MF Mauro Camoranesi

17 FW David Trézéguet

18 FW Adrian Mutu

19 MF Gianluca Zambrotta (vice-captain)

21 DF Lilian Thuram

22 GK Landry Bonnefoi

23 MF Giuliano Giannichedda

24 MF Ruben Olivera

25 FW Marcelo Zalayeta

27 DF Jonathan Zebina

28 DF Fabio Cannavaro

32 GK Christian Abbiati (on loan from AC Milan)

Future transfers

Note: these transfers are set to take place when the transfer market re-opens.

In

MF Marco Marchionni (from Parma)

MF Cristiano Zanetti (from Inter)

DF Gladstone (returned from Hellas Verona)

Fiorentina

As of February 3, 2006

No. Position Player

1 GK Sebastien Frey

2 DF Per Krøldrup

3 DF Dario Dainelli (captain)

4 MF Marco Donadel

5 DF Alessandro Gamberini

6 MF Andrea Paolucci

7 MF Guilherme Raymundo do Prado

8 FW Valeri Bojinov

10 MF Stefano Fiore (on loan from Valencia)

13 GK Marco Roccati

14 DF Davide Brivio (from youth team)

17 MF Michele Pazienza (on loan from Udinese)

18 MF Riccardo Montolivo

19 MF Luis Jiménez

20 MF Martin Jørgensen

21 DF Tomas Ujfalusi

22 GK Bogdan Lobonţ

23 MF Manuel Pasqual

26 DF Giuseppe Pancaro

27 DF Marco Di Loreto

29 FW Gianpaolo Pazzini

30 FW Luca Toni

32 MF Cristian Brocchi (on loan from AC Milan)

33 GK Niccolò Manfredini (from youth team)

99 GK Gianluca Berti

[edit]

2006/2007 transfers

Note: these transfers will not be effective before the opening of the transfer market.

In

MF Fabio Liverani (from Lazio)

MF Mario Alberto Santana (from Palermo)

GK Vlada Avramov (from Vicenza)

MF Manuele Blasi (from Juventus)

Milan

Current first team squad

As of June 1, 2006

No. Position Player

1 GK Dida

2 DF Cafu

3 DF Paolo Maldini (captain)

4 DF Kakhaber Kaladze

5 DF Alessandro Costacurta

8 MF Gennaro Ivan Gattuso

9 FW Filippo Inzaghi

11 FW Alberto Gilardino

13 DF Alessandro Nesta

14 MF Johann Vogel

16 GK Željko Kalac

17 DF Dario Šimić

18 MF Marek Jankulovski

20 MF Clarence Seedorf

21 MF Andrea Pirlo

22 MF Kaká

23 MF Massimo Ambrosini

27 MF Serginho

37 FW Marcio Amoroso

41 FW Matteo Ardemagni (from youth team)

46 DF Lino Marzoratti (from youth team)

2006/2007 transfers

Note: these transfers will not be effective before the opening of the transfer market.

In

DF Giuseppe Favalli (from Inter Milan)

GK Ferdinando Coppola (from Ascoli)

MF Pasquale Foggia (from Ascoli) (return from loan period)

MF Cristian Brocchi (from Fiorentina) (return from loan period)

Template:Football squad player/role/AMF Yohann Gourcuff (from Stade Rennais)

Lazio

Current first team squad

As of February 5, 2006

No. Position Player

1 GK Angelo Peruzzi

2 DF Guglielmo Stendardo

4 MF Fabio Firmani

5 DF Felice Piccolo

7 DF Manuel Belleri

8 DF Luciano Zauri

9 FW Paolo Di Canio

10 MF Massimo Bonanni (on loan from Palermo)

11 MF Stefano Mauri (on loan from Udinese)

13 DF Sebastiano Siviglia

14 MF Lorenzo De Silvestri

16 DF Andrea Giallombardo

17 FW Igli Tare

18 FW Tommaso Rocchi

19 FW Goran Pandev

21 FW Simone Inzaghi

22 DF Massimo Oddo (captain)

24 GK Samir Handanović (on loan from Treviso)

25 DF Cribari

26 MF Gaby Mudingayi

28 DF Fabio Zaccardi

31 MF Christian Keller

32 GK Marco Ballotta

47 GK Alessio De Angelis

56 MF Francesco Torroni

68 MF Christian Manfredini

85 MF Valon Behrami

86 MF Guilherme Siqueira (on loan from Inter Milan)

TBD DF Lequi

Future Transfers

In:

Lequi - Return From Celta de Vigo

Enjoy picking the eyes out of them :tu:

I wonder how many of the above have "secret" clauses giving them the option of picking the club they are sold to! :)

Just Ibrahimović who can leave to a club in the North West of England who play in Blue and White halves for a steak pie, a packet of polo mints and a 12 hour old kebab. It just needs Hughesy to "test the water" now.

From Sky News:

Juventus, Milan, Lazio and Fiorentina have been ordered to stand trial over match-fixing allegations.

Italian football federation prosecutor Stefano Palazzi confirmed the four clubs will face questions over match-fixing allegations and demotion is a likely outcome if found guilty.

There are some pretty good players on that list. Good work putting that on here.

At least a couple of the defenders could be interesting as well as some of the midfielders.

Strikers I dont think any of those that might be interesting would come to Rovers. Too many clubs would be sniffing around for good deals for us to compete...

A bid for mutu might be good though as he is a talented that wouldnt cost too much - even if they dont go down.

Would do you guys think with regards to transfers... any one in particular youd like?

Juventus

Juve

DF Alessandro Birindelli

DF Robert Kovač

FW Marcelo Zalayeta

DF Jonathan Zebina

Fiorentina

GK Sebastien Frey

DF Dario Dainelli (captain)

FW Valeri Bojinov

MF Riccardo Montolivo

MF Luis Jiménez

DF Tomas Ujfalusi

FW Gianpaolo Pazzini

Milan

DF Kakhaber Kaladze

MF Johann Vogel

MF Marek Jankulovski

MF Massimo Ambrosini

Lazio

18 FW Tommaso Rocchi

19 FW Goran Pandev

22 DF Massimo Oddo (captain)

All possibles for a club Rovers size

There are a few which I think we might have a shot at, ones I which would fit in bold

6 DF Robert Kovač

21 DF Lilian Thuram

23 MF Giuliano Giannichedda

24 MF Ruben Olivera

25 FW Marcelo Zalayeta

27 DF Jonathan Zebina

8 FW Valeri Bojinov

20 MF Martin Jørgensen

21 DF Tomas Ujfalusi

14 MF Johann Vogel

17 DF Dario Šimić

18 MF Marek Jankulovski

20 MF Clarence Seedorf

8 DF Luciano Zauri

13 DF Sebastiano Siviglia[/b]

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.