BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

May Review

bob fleming

Looking at the table going into the final game of the season most of us had quite frankly become a little complacent about qualifying for the UEFA Cup. Not me. Oh no. As we’re all aware, and many like to constantly remind us, you can take nothing for granted in football and Rovers always make things difficult for themselves, always do things the hard way and ultimately let us down (Let's face it, apart from the two cup wins, two promotions and the Champions of England thing it’s almost certainly been one let down after another over the last twenty years).

laugh.gif Brilliant stuff, love the positivity and ribbing the moaners.

I was going to sit down with den at the end of the season but after messing him around for a bit I'm going to hold on until after the World Cup and keep my options option. If I'm honest I'm hoping for a multi-million pound deal from www.rovers.co.uk but if that doesn't happen (mainly because Grooby's a bit tight) I've always got brfcs.com to fall back on.

407504[/snapback]

Fantastic stuff Bob! I hope they do sign you up for next season on those terms. Oh, and please can I be your agent?

Can we do as well next year? Well “hopefully” is the ultimate answer. Of course it’ll be harder and the squad will be put under even more pressure due to the amount of games we’ll have to play (they’ll be two in Europe don’t forget).

407177[/snapback]

smile.gif

Congratulations on a great season. A reasonably prominent New Zealand sports broadcaster came out recently on the national sports radio channel and claimed that Ryan Nelsen was overated. I'm not sure what provoked this as he and Blackburn Rovers get very little media attention over here. We don't get many Rovers games on the TV here so I'm interested in the views of Rovers fans in England.

407440[/snapback]

I think you'd do well to find a Rovers fan who agrees with that presenter. As far as I know Nelsen is one of the most popular players at Rovers. "The Admiral" has been great since he arrived, and according to himself he is still finding his feet at this level.

Well done Bob!

I'd missed the comment by Kiwi- just goes to say that New Zealand sports commentators know next to nithing about sport I guess.

If the NZers in NZ are as passionate about NZ as the NZers are over here, then the NZ TV channel ought to get hooked into Rovers matches pdq if they are not going to miss out on the biggest NZ sporting hero in 2007 in world sporting terms.

There is a more than half decent chance that Ryan Nelsen will be part of something very special at Ewood Park next season. rover.gif

Some crucial questions; Are they halved or are they quartered? And perhaps more importantly will there be a DVD? Do they do DVD’s? Will they start doing mini kits in the “club” shop again? Will they ever know when they’re getting new stock in? Will I get conformation or a “thank you” for renewing my season ticket? When’s the new home shirt out? When’s the away shirt out? Where’s Todd? When does mega flop Sealdinho’s contract run out? Does anyone know what I’m on about?

407177[/snapback]

biggrin.gif:D Where has Seealdinho gone?

Excellent as usual Bob, can't wait for next season's reviews~

Only 97 days to go thumbs-up.gifthumbs-up.gif

' I’m not sure whose to blame so I’ll blame Sven Goran Eriksson.'

'Steven Reid netted his second goal in as many games when he breathed heavily on a Robbie Savage free kick just before half time.'

'(I’ve got 1600 spares tickets if anyone’s interested)'

Amazingly funny.

I was going to sit down with den at the end of the season but after messing him around for a bit I'm going to hold on until after the World Cup and keep my options option. If I'm honest I'm hoping for a multi-million pound deal from www.rovers.co.uk but if that doesn't happen (mainly because Grooby's a bit tight) I've always got brfcs.com to fall back on.

407504[/snapback]

Well I've got to say that I'm not in any frame of mind to let our best contributors go. We're trying to build something here at BRFC[s.com]. It's been the way in the past, To talk this site down, trying to cover up on underachievement.

Well I've got to say that I'm not in any frame of mind to let our best contributors go. We're trying to build something here at BRFC[s.com]. It's been the way in the past, To talk this site down, trying to cover up on underachievement.

407944[/snapback]

Bobski you better sign or else (remember he's behind you) tongue.gif

Pie 'n peas do ya with a coooool pint on the side to wash it down with thumbs-up.gif

That was just great Bob.. thanks for that... very funny, very apt, and very party time.

As I tell numerous people here in Berlin .. We may be the smallest town in The Premier League but we know our football.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...sea/4773571.stm

How about Duffer coming back?

Cheers and good health .. by the way I'll be supporting Australia in the WM (pronounced /vei em = Weltmeisterschaft) WC to the rest of you smile.gif

Guess why?

• Backroom
by the way I'll be supporting Australia in the WM (pronounced /vei em = Weltmeisterschaft) WC to the rest of you smile.gif

Guess why?

408400[/snapback]

Errmm you're Australian ??? blink.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.