SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Season Tickets.........

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So thats about £25 up??

Not alot - price of one Cat A game i suppose. Well done Rovers - kept the prices fair too and well done for the free game for Season ticket holders.

Now lets here everyones complaints because of x y & z

Paul, I can echo your sentiments.

I have never had a problem with the ticket ofice. For the Liverpool game I needed extra tickets, I usually only buy 2-3 tickets but needed 6 on this occasion. I explained the situation and the ticket office were very helpful and I got the 6 tickets.

So thats about £25 up??

Not alot - price of one Cat A game i suppose. Well done Rovers - kept the prices fair too and well done for the free game for Season ticket holders.

Now lets here everyones complaints because of x y & z

409048[/snapback]

agreed hughesy, in terms of pricing there's not a lot more rovers can do. most of people saying they cant afford 'a' season tkt, are just searching for excuses.

in terms of pricing, rovers cant do anymore and should be applauded for the many initiatives they have tried.

Edited by pleasure

Cletus....Yes, exactly.

The club are trying to sell a product, that product being football.

It`s their duty to sell, not the customers duty to buy.

The customer can chose to take his business elsewhere, whilst a club like Blackburn Rovers cannot afford to lose custom.

'forgot' doesn`t come into it. A premiership club like Blackburn should be striving for peoples custom not f#####g them off with lame excuses.

Amateurish.

Alan75...Season Tickets dont normally go on sale until JUNE.

The club gave EVERYONE, yes EVERYONE an opportunity to buy season tickets at 2005-06 prices for the WHOLE OF APRIL. before they put season tickets on sale at 2006-07 season prices.

OK, fair point.

But if someone walks into a store 1 day after a sale ends, the new prices are normally sorted out & advertised. Very few stores will turn a potential customer away saying "sorry, come back another day because we don`t know what to charge you.".

It`s not hard to say:-

"1st - 30th April....last seasons prices.

1st May onwards, the new prices will be out."

It`s taken probably 18days of lost (yes lost) potential sales in a closed season of about 3months, (that`s approx a fifth of the closed season.)

What i am trying to say is Blackburn Rovers cannot afford to turn punters away. We are not a big city club with a seemingly endless supply of season-ticket holders in waiting.

My two-penneth

Not a season ticket holder coz I live south of Watford dry.gif but ticket prices at London clubs are much higher than at Blackburn.

(49 quid to go to Chelsea? no thanks!)

I would be interested to see comparitive season ticket prices for other Premiership teams. My guess is we would fare quite well (plus you get to watch an unpretentious quality top-6 team!)

Edited by MC

My two-penneth

Not a season ticket holder coz I live south of Watford  dry.gif  but ticket prices at London clubs are much higher than at Blackburn.

(49 quid to go to Chelsea? no thanks!)

I would be interested to see comparitive season ticket prices for other Premiership teams. My guess is we would fare quite well (plus you get to watch an unpretentious quality top-6 team!)

409085[/snapback]

i reckon wigan will be the only club offering cheaper tkts, than BRFC.

Greedy b'stards at boardroom level who are charging fans what they want,simply exploiting the fans loyalty.

Its probably right to presume only Wigan will be cheaper than Rovers next season, some will still moan at the prices at Ewood but by christ we fare pretty damn well compared to some!! rover.gif

I see Norwich City have already sold some 18,000 season tickets and expect to sell 20,000 by the start of the season!

Whats your guesstimate on how many we'll shift?.Lee is being very coy about releasing ticket numbers sold to date on the official mb.....I really dont know how to interpret that!

I can honestly say I've never had a single issue with the TO. Yes there are a few occassions, always for big games, when less experienced staff are drafted into help with sales, and these staff do struggle a little. Usually instead of asking for customer numbers they ask for block, row and seat and this gets confusing. Other than that my experience is the TO staff will do whatever is necessary to help any individual fan.

The April early bird scheme, coupled with online renewal is nothing short of fantastic. It took me less than a minute to renew 4 STs, at last season's prices instead of all the tedious form filling, trips to the ground etc. 11/10 for that one Rovers.

There are always people who don't follow the procedure, can't be bothered to renew on time etc. and then use it as yet another reason to stop going. Idiots.

Just three examples of the TO helpfulness:

When the new BBE opened I needed an aisle seat for my son. The wonderful Diane, who left years ago arranged to take me into the stand, view and chose my seats. At the time the letters page of the LET was full of whinging fans so I wrote in to put my view. Got headlines for that one and a written thank you from the club.

Queuing for Cardiff I needed five seats but only had four STs. Again I needed special arrangements for my son. I stopped Tom Finn, who I now know but didn't then, and explained the problem. I was just a fan in the queue. He asked me to write to him personally when I knew my seat numbers, a few days later an extra ticket arrived in the row directly in front of our booked seats. So they checked through 30,000 tickets to sort that one out.

Celtic away, Jordan couldn't get a ticket. Lo and behold a few quiet phone calls and it was sorted - not by me I hasten to add.

Approached in a proper manner, with a reasonable explaination the TO and Blackburn Rovers will do whatever is necessary to accommodate fans. However if fans don't follow the guidelines for some reason what is the club to do? No point in making offers if everybody knows you don't have to meet the deadline.

Still no point in missing an opportunity to kick the finest club in the PL.

409006[/snapback]

totally agree with you Paul!

The ticket office has always been incredible helpful when I have made enquiries about tickets for single games or season tickets! I still get Young Adult price since I'm a student! thumbs-up.gif

And one other thing we shouldn't complain about is the ticket prices Blackburn Rovers offers to the fans!! we are of the cheapest in the PL and play some of the best football!! good value for money!! rover.gif

totally agree with you Paul!

The ticket office has always been incredible helpful when I have made enquiries about tickets for single games or season tickets! I still get Young Adult price since I'm a student! thumbs-up.gif

And one other thing we shouldn't complain about is the ticket prices Blackburn Rovers offers to the fans!! we are of the cheapest in the PL and play some of the best football!! good value for money!! rover.gif

409685[/snapback]

I'm a full time student yet have to pay full price, as is my wife with hers..... unsure.gif

Its probably right to presume only Wigan will be cheaper than Rovers next season, some will still moan at the prices at Ewood but by christ we fare pretty damn well compared to some!! :rover:

Wigan had a massive 2/3 page article the other week re S/T's in the Wigan reporter and from memory they are not cheaper than ours on the loyalty early bird prices (early bird for them as well as prices frozen) but can't say how they compare on the normal prices for S/T.

I'm a full time student yet have to pay full price, as is my wife with hers..... :unsure:

hmm, well it might be because i'm not 22 before in september then? cos young adult is till you are 21 or something? :huh:

Edited by pks1984

hmm, well it might be because i'm not 22 before in september then? cos young adult is till you are 21 or something? :huh:

Young adult is 16-21 inclusive on the 1st August! Which is why you're ok for one more year.

Wigan had a massive 2/3 page article the other week re S/T's in the Wigan reporter and from memory they are not cheaper than ours on the loyalty early bird prices (early bird for them as well as prices frozen) but can't say how they compare on the normal prices for S/T.

It's tricky to compare, partly because Rovers still have a complicated pricing structure dependent on where you sit:

Adult:

Rovers range from £270 (Riverside outer) to £595 (JW upper central)

Wigan have just two prices £340 and £410

On all concessionary prices Rovers are significantly cheaper, especially on children. If a family want to watch PL football Ewood is a far better choice financially. Wigan don't appear to have a Young Adult ticket.

Dave Whelan is quoted as saying " Wigan will remain as the most reasonably priced Premiership club in 2006/07 for it's most loyal supporters........." Under the early purchase scheme prices will start at £327 in the South Stand and the East Stand wings, equivalent to just £17.21 per PL game. Whoops Dave got that one wrong as a seat in the CIS wings will average just £14.21 per game - that's £3 cheaper at the Rovers

Must be using the same calculator as the one which worked out how many pies to buy in at New Year's ;)

Warning for all who have renewed but want to move seats, new season on sale now could be in the seat you want!!!

I was hoping to move back a row to sit with friends only to be told the vacant seat was sold 'just the other day' to a new season ticket holder.

Don't think transfer day will happen this year! So phone in now if you want to move before you miss out like me! :(

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.