BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Henry

Therefore, I wouldn't even say I cheated - I just kept quiet. I doubt many would do differently. Just so that everybody knows, he would only have lost the £5 he put in, not his life's earnings!

Sorry , but the amount of money you took is irrelevant . You cheated at cards - a cardinal sin to anyone with an ounce of honour .

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually yeah it does. Typical of the way our society is now, it's the other blokes fault you cheated him.

Well that has completely shocked me. You are 100% right USABlue, but it is not that you are right that shocks me, rather the fact that you have had the honesty and guts (yes guts) to come on here, in this the 21st century where morality is itself becoming a dirty word, and to actually lay yourself open to mass ridicule by making a statement like that. I salute you Sir, and I genuinely mean that. I know full well that there are many others who believe the same way but I wager few of them would do as you have done. You are obviously a man of integrity and high principles. Respect!

I've argued my point. And I thought I was soft... Judging me as a person on the basis of one act in a game of cards is pathetic. Luckily, I don't have to prove myself to anybody because I know the person I am, as does anybody that actually knows me. If you judge me differently, then you should take a look at your own character. Fortunately, I don't judge people in the ways the people on here appear to...

Anyway, that's my final piece. Back to the football.

I've argued my point. And I thought I was soft... Judging me as a person on the basis of one act in a game of cards is pathetic. Luckily, I don't have to prove myself to anybody because I know the person I am, as does anybody that actually knows me. If you judge me differently, then you should take a look at your own character. Fortunately, I don't judge people in the ways the people on here appear to...

Sorry TCJ I don't want to judge you or anyone else, but you did say in your own words that you "cheated a newbie" in a poker game. What are people supposed to make of that? Later on you appear to retract that statement by saying that all you did was play poker and followed the rules with the result that the "newbie" who obviously did not properly understand the rules lost out. If the situation was as you say in the second statement then fair enough he did deserve to lose his money, but only because he was a fool for playing poker in the first place when he did not know the rules. As far as I am concerned anyone who gambles is taking a fully forseeable risk and if they lose it is their own fault. Also playing within the rules is not cheating.

I don't gamble and never have done. Firstly because I am not a fool and I am absolutely not prepared to risk a penny of my hard earned on gambling. Secondly because I don't believe in taking money from anybody who is IMO silly enough to risk their cash.

I'm not sure who that rant is aimed at, but IMO you're making the hole deeper. This is a messageboard - how can anyone reading "know" you other than what they learn off your posts?

Fleecing a novice at poker hardly puts you in a good light. How about helping him to learn the game rather than nicking a fiver because he's a newbie. If you take up boxing and your first training session is with Ricky Hatton, would you expect him to treat you like a novice, or visit you in hozzy two days later and say "sorry mate, your fault, thought you knew the rules"?!

As for Henry, he cheats at cards for sure. Horrible attitude, arrogant sod. Good riddance. I certainly won't miss him in the slightest.

Sorry TCJ I don't want to judge you or anyone else, but you did say in your own words that you "cheated a newbie" in a poker game. What are people supposed to make of that? Later on you appear to retract that statement by saying that all you did was play poker and followed the rules with the result that the "newbie" who obviously did not properly understand the rules lost out. If the situation was as you say in the second statement then fair enough he did deserve to lose his money, but only because he was a fool for playing poker in the first place when he did not know the rules. As far as I am concerned anyone who gambles is taking a fully forseeable risk and if they lose it is their own fault. Also playing within the rules is not cheating.

I don't gamble and never have done. Firstly because I am not a fool and I am absolutely not prepared to risk a penny of my hard earned on gambling. Secondly because I don't believe in taking money from anybody who is IMO silly enough to risk their cash.

I was about to say "no I didn't say that," but thought I should check back just to make sure. I apologise, I did. I didn't actually mean to write it in that way. It wasn't something I was proud of doing, but then I'm sure Henry wasn't proud of feigning injury in the world cup. My point was that everybody makes mistakes, does things some people might not consider the "right" thing to do - nobody is perfect. Personally, I'm just shocked that anybody would make a judgement on a person, especially me - I've always thought that I've conducted myself well on this messageboard and given a good reflection of my character. Anybody who knows me would say just how far off some people's presumptions about my character are.

My second statement is certainly the way it happened. My first statement was designed to make an impact and to put my point accross. He was a fool for playing poker for money without knowing the rules.

Tris, I wasn't trying to fleece somebody at Poker, that wasn't my intention. Like I say, I put my original statement accross in a manner to put my point accross. It was a very competitive game and I just didn't want to lose. In these games, you are expected to know the rules and it is actually very frustrating when you have to slow the game down to explain them. On reflection, I don't think I would do the same. As for the boxing comparison; well we both know how far incomparable those two circumstances are.

My arguing this point on a football related topic and diggning my whole deeper just shows what exception I take to people questioning my character.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.