BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bye Bye Carling

Guinness and Black!?! Never heard of that one.

I'm very partial to a Guinness or three. I used to be mad on it in my younger days (i.e. mid 20's). Guiness on tap will vary widely from pub to pub. How often they clean the lines (and how old the keg is) will very much affect your Guinness experience.

I'm back into the black stuff after a bit of a lay-off.

If you are ever down-under, I heartily recommend Coopers Extra Vintage Stout. A very full rich stout which has a strong licorice taste. It makes Guinness feel a bit like Stella!

You will only find it from a bottle shop though, I've never found it on tap.

Also, it's about 7-8% alcohol so it is perfect for a quiet night in ;)

Something tells me you'd love a bit of Guinness Foreign Extra Stout.

Personal recommendation is the Nigerian brew ... a few pointers where to find it.

If you're still in London give me a shout and I'll source some for you.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the same if you order a vodka n redbull, the bar maid will get you the vodka and open the can of redbull for you but it's down to you to pour it into the glass to mix it in.

i thought it was because people prefered different amounts of redbull in the drink but apparently not so.

Um, i think thats because redbull only comes in cans!

As it is not alcholic there is no problem mixing drinks, no different to Vodka coke or a G and T

• 2 months later...

Two things.

1) Carlsberg is the lager

2) In the BBE Lower they have rebranded the small areas where programmes are sold as "express refresh" and have fitted fridges behind.

Appears to be for those squeezy bottles of Carlsberg, as seen at fulham.

Wasnt open today though.

And thirdly (I know!) someone said the back of the Riverside had had some work done? Is that the case?

Edited by stuwilky

Lets just hope they get good staff in to serve the thirsty hordes.

not a chance mate,

i used to work on the bar at ewood, they get paid around 17 quid a game (5 hours or so work normally) so there isn't much perogative to work hard!

me and this asian kid i was working with getting racially abused by a citeh fan (cos i shouldn't have been working with him apparently :huh:) was enough for me to quit after 3 games!

personally i'm a tight wad student who likes nothing more than cheap as ###### lager (£1.70 grolsch...SOLD!)...but don't judge me too harshly, i'd have enough money for expensive beer and tax and that...but i've got alot of sleeping and sitting about to do...getting a job would vastly reduce that so i'm at bit stuck...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.